Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default wireless but no actual online

According to edge-online and giantbomb, Phantasy Star Zero does not feature actual online play over wi-fi, but just wireless wi-fi between 4 different DS machines locally...

anyone know if that is true?

its such a shame, because thats also what monster hunter and ps portable supports. if you dont know anyone else with handhelds you are really left out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luffytubby View Post
    According to edge-online and giantbomb, Phantasy Star Zero does not feature actual online play over wi-fi, but just wireless wi-fi between 4 different DS machines locally...

anyone know if that is true?

its such a shame, because thats also what monster hunter and ps portable supports. if you dont know anyone else with handhelds you are really left out!!!

According to SEGA, it does.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

not true thankfully

so far, we know you will need to have friend codes though. I'm really hoping something can be worked out with free mode having a sort of guild card type option.. because it really is a shame to meet up with somebody, have a good game, but not be able to find them again because you have no way of exchanging guildcard / friend codes. YOu already cannot really chat with them, so that is pretty limiting and frustrating. Otherwise..

THANK GOD DONT SCARE ME LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN!
    Duck Tales
    # of Members: 45

Requirement to join Duck Tales - If I like the cut of your Jib jk its free for all
    wait no i mean free for all

Quote Originally Posted by Aeternus View Post
    not true thankfully

so far, we know you will need to have friend codes though. I'm really hoping something can be worked out with free mode having a sort of guild card type option.. because it really is a shame to meet up with somebody, have a good game, but not be able to find them again because you have no way of exchanging guildcard / friend codes. YOu already cannot really chat with them, so that is pretty limiting and frustrating. Otherwise..
    Actually, friend codes are NOT required.

The only thing friend codes will let you do (so far) is use the pictochat. Otherwise your forced to use pre-set Pictochat shortcuts (presumably to keep people that dont know eachother from using 'offensive' pictochats.

Of course, none of that really matters since PSOW will undoubtedly have a FC sharing board.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Quote Originally Posted by Niered View Post

The only thing friend codes will let you do (so far) is use the pictochat. Otherwise your forced to use pre-set Pictochat shortcuts (presumably to keep people that dont know eachother from using 'offensive' pictochats.

Of course, none of that really matters since PSOW will undoubtedly have a FC sharing board.
    That's what I meant. What I was trying to say is if you meet somebody in free mode, there is (so far) no way to hook up with them again unless you know their friendcode, which kinda sucks. But yeah.. PSOW will fix that, but its nice to meet random people and exchange info.

Quote Originally Posted by Niered View Post

yea what pussies :/ Is FC's required by nintendo? Or maybe a requirement if they want to use their server? IDK
    Duck Tales
    # of Members: 45

Requirement to join Duck Tales - If I like the cut of your Jib jk its free for all
    wait no i mean free for all

That Edge-Online article seems to have several errors, they list MH3 as not having online either.

LOL it will feel so weird going into PSU and saying to one of your friends 'hey lets head over to PSZ' lol it will be freeking great!

Quote Originally Posted by jmanx View Post
    yea what pussies :/ Is FC's required by nintendo? Or maybe a requirement if they want to use their server? IDK
    Its a completely understandable fear, what with BS legislation coming from all over the globe (China has as much of a anti-games movement as the U.S., if not more) so FC's, when used right are a good thing I think.

In PSZ's case, im happy. It would seem that they did the right thing by me, with making FC's optional.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!: