Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it true?

I wouldn't really care if PSZ doesn't get online updates. And as Niered said, yes too many people are setting the expection of the game a little too high. Please do not disappoint yourself... As for me, I'm just going to play whatever is offered and what was offered is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroyu View Post
    Yeah, while updates for DS (Note the lack of the "i") games is really out of the question, that doesn't mean that there can't be DLC. Daigasso! Band Brothers DX, IIRC, is the first game that uses DLC for the DS, and it does it quite well. As of right now, there are 2,650 user-created songs that people can download. (There unfortunately is a download cap of 100 songs, but still)

Quests shouldn't really be that large in size, basically just telling the game what to say, what maps to go on, what enemies are on those maps, and what special weapons the quest can give -- and even then, with special weapons, they would already be programmed into the game (The "unlock" method seen in games like Professor Layton). Then again, if it is a type of weapon that is "downloaded", then perhaps if you play with other people that don't have the weapon "downloaded", your DS sends the information of the weapon to the other DSs temporarily?

That acctually seems quite plossible.
    Even though it is kinda annoying to have to wait a min longer for something to load for DL but new things should make things better, not that they need to be at all.
    Another kewl thing is that nothing could slow down DLing in a DS besides the wi-fi connection. While on PSO/PSU it's about hardware and what ever else you're running in the background, and also just bad programing, but since PSO seems load up with anyone just fine, PSZ extentions should be just as satisfing

Quote Originally Posted by Saphion View Post
    Mmm. As long as it has;

- A crapload of rares (check)
    - online play (check)
    - at least four levels (check)

I'll be happy. Online quests'd be nice too.
    I'm with you on that. I like the rare item chasing, the part of PvE i like it, and ofcourse lots of bosses.

Yea PSU is very disappointing. Expansion would be a plus for me, I mean ummm yea wat cast man said.
    Duck Tales
    # of Members: 45

Requirement to join Duck Tales - If I like the cut of your Jib jk its free for all
    wait no i mean free for all

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroyu View Post
    Yeah, while updates for DS (Note the lack of the "i") games is really out of the question, that doesn't mean that there can't be DLC. Daigasso! Band Brothers DX, IIRC, is the first game that uses DLC for the DS, and it does it quite well. As of right now, there are 2,650 user-created songs that people can download. (There unfortunately is a download cap of 100 songs, but still)

Quests shouldn't really be that large in size, basically just telling the game what to say, what maps to go on, what enemies are on those maps, and what special weapons the quest can give -- and even then, with special weapons, they would already be programmed into the game (The "unlock" method seen in games like Professor Layton). Then again, if it is a type of weapon that is "downloaded", then perhaps if you play with other people that don't have the weapon "downloaded", your DS sends the information of the weapon to the other DSs temporarily?
    This is apples and oranges though. A music clip in a game specifically built for the creation and sharing of music isnt going to be that big, they will have streamlined the sytem to the point that each of those files weighs in the kilobytes.

An update on the other hand could take up much more space, especially when your thinking weapons, which require seperate variables for stats, as well as meshes and skins. I see this idea as being highly unlikely.

However, that being said your mention of Prof. Layton's 'unlock' system' sounds MUCH more likely to me. In fact, I wouldnt be too surprised too see holiday themes for certain levels and Dairon city. The possibility of themed quests available only at certain times of the year also would be possible, assuming that the game simply checks with a server to make sure that they are 'unlocked'.

Which brings me to my greatest PSZ wet dream. Maximum attack.

Maximum attack was pre-coded into PSU and PSO, and was simply "unlocked" when the time came to do so. I feel that their is a very large possibility of seeing something similar to it, a once, possibly annual deal that comes pre-packaged with the game and simply uploads your kill count to a scorekeeping server, eventually when the game hears back from the server at the end of the competition, you will be rewarded with your just deserves (possibly weapons that also of course, are preloaded).

This is, as usual with my posts conjecture. Something I'd like to see, and think it is possible to do with the technology at hand.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Personally I was fine without the updates when playing PSO it was liveable on the Gamecube. However with PSU (when I use to play it) it was a nice little touch up whenever they got around to updating it. My only concern is if they allow downloadable updates via the DSi SD card...that would be a bit annoying.

Edit: It be annoying seeing how I already own DS and have no real interest in the DSi.
    Last edited by Pandatron; Oct 14, 2008 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphion View Post
    As I recall in PSO, online quests downloaded temporarily and had to be re-downloaded each time the mission was selected.

I remember a similar thing happening in a few DS games, where you can download new levels etc. but you have to re-download them each time the game is played.

Picross DS even lets you permanently download levels to your cart.
    I was thinking about this the other day, actually. With people bawwing that we're just paying to have content unlocked that's already on disc, for PSU, I started wondering "but wasn't it that way for PSO, too...?" I'd forgotten that there was a quick download required at the start of each PSO quest. On that note, does anyone know of a technical reason that this can't be done for PSU, even on the PS2? Is it just that the game wasn't programmed to accept those temporary downloads?

Anyway, hopefully Zero works this way, because we get (essentially) infinite quest options.