Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Norris View Post
    While we're on the pronunciation topic, how do you say "Techer"? Is is Te-ch-er, Tekker, or something else?

you really wanna know the correct pronunciation? its techter (written as tekutaa). they took the eng word techer (based off the word technique) and modified it slightly, like many pso/psu terms are.

btw, did you know that dimate is actually pronounced dee mate and trimate is actually toh ree mate. ST likes to take english words and tweek em a bit. unfortunatly this stuff doesnt show up on eng ver. it would prob look like mass misspellings -_-;
    Quit PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    btw, did you know that dimate is actually pronounced dee mate and trimate is actually toh ree mate. ST likes to take english words and tweek em a bit. unfortunatly this stuff doesnt show up on eng ver. it would prob look like mass misspellings -_-;
    Anybody who's taken chemistry knows that's not how you pronounce those prefixes... mono representing 1, di (die) representing 2, tri (try) representing 3 for compounds (heck, the symbols for these when on your palette have the same number of dots). If anything, it's likely that the JP named made the names shorter for simplicity's sake for an "ee" sound, since you'd need two characters to mimic the "eye" sound. Choose whichever pronunciation you wish, though one makes much more sense to me than the other...

Quote Originally Posted by lantis-zagato View Post
    im no language scholar and i know very very very little japanese...but from what I understand there is no equivalent for the letter "G" in japanese. When they try to pronounce g its sounds like zhi or zi. AKA, a-gi-to= a-zhi-to. I do not promote the use of the other pronunciation. Keep in mind I could be utterly completely wrong!
    Completely wrong. It's the same sound (give, geezer, geist).
    ♪PSU 360☆
    Ema - Newman F 180 Gunmaster 20
    // Edel Fucil obtained and 10/10 on 13 AUG 2011.
    ♪PSO2★
    Ema - RAnewearl
    // Coming Soon...

Geez, what's weird is English pronunciation, Japanese has one of the easiest pronunciations of all the languages!!

What I didn't know is that dimate was pronounced "dimeito" I always said di-ma-te lol

for the record, im tired of ppl using the english pronunciation of "Sange"

it is pronounced 'Sah-n-gay' not 'Say-n-j..' (dont know how to extend j sound without making it juh :P)

Quote Originally Posted by shotsfired View Post
    eh, to-may-toe, to-ma-toe

as long as we know what you are referencing, who cares...
    Quote Originally Posted by joefro View Post
    This.
    Double This ^_^
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by ANIMEniac View Post
    for the record, im tired of ppl using the english pronunciation of "Sange"

it is pronounced 'Sah-n-gay' not 'Say-n-j..' (dont know how to extend j sound without making it juh :P)
    Hmmmm I usually say it like saw-n-j
    and just say yasha like Inuyasha :P

Quote Originally Posted by barnacleez View Post
    Anybody who's taken chemistry knows that's not how you pronounce those prefixes... mono representing 1, di (die) representing 2, tri (try) representing 3 for compounds (heck, the symbols for these when on your palette have the same number of dots). If anything, it's likely that the JP named made the names shorter for simplicity's sake for an "ee" sound, since you'd need two characters to mimic the "eye" sound. Choose whichever pronunciation you wish, though one makes much more sense to me than the other...
    OMG we r bringing school into play... YES!!!! I miss chemistry class when i was in high school.(1 1/2 year ago)

Quote Originally Posted by barnacleez View Post
    i know the correct english way to say mono, di (die) and tri (try) but since the japanese devs purposely altered the pronunciation, that becomes the correct way within psu. there are items w/ much longer names such as star atomizer, so i doubt they did em this way to save space.

モノメイト (mono)
    ディメイト (di) sounds like the "de" in delicious
    トリメイト (tori) toh ree

its your choice if you wanna use the correct names or not.
    Quit PSO2

Now that you mention atomizers... when I first played PSU (jp version) I read in katakana what I though was "Cosmo atomizer" but it is the moon atomizer x, so it provably said "cross moon atomizer", or they just changed the name in English xd