Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Well, CASTs are Trap based again so we can all hope it is so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    I'm talking requirements for casting - I'm not talking classes.

In my experience, only PSU has had the requirement of a wand or rod to cast at all.

In FFXI, for instance, you have your mages. White Mage, Black Mage, Red Mage, Blue Mage... And not a single one of them has to use a staff or wand. Hammers, Daggers, Rapiers, and Sabers, respectively, can be used and the character is still allowed to cast their respective magics, because the equipment is irrelevant, as it's something ingrained into the character.

What I said before seems to bear reiteration: I'm not against the idea of being able to equip a wand or rod to boost your casting-specific stats, as that's what their purpose is - what I am against is the requirement to do so to cast at all. If I know a technique/spell, I should be able to cast it if I have my saber equipped, simply because, odds are, if I'm playing some sort of online RPG... I'm not going to be a "pure" caster or "pure" melee character.

It's something that I don't enjoy doing - being forced into only using melee, or only using ranged means of combat. It's why I played a FOmar in PSO (because they mixed the two together so well), and a Blue Mage in FFXI. It's also why I stayed clear of playing Androids in PSO - because I was essentially prevented any form of hybridization, and one of many, many reasons I don't enjoy PSU - because from the beginning, they never liked people doing anything but being purely one thing or another.
    I dont think you need to worry too much, it is confirmed by several videos that you can attack with rods and canes, as well as cast TECH's, however we have as of yet to find out if TECH's require wands or rods or canes to be cast.

My personal feeling? I doubt it. Its obvious that you can put multiple techs on your action pallete, as people players of the TGS demo said they had multiple techs available to them. So it seems rather cumbersome for you to have action pallete slots that dont have any use when your equipping different weapons.

Which leads to my next hypothesis, (an entirely circumstantial one mind you) that their is the possibility that the weapons available to each class have been severely cut down. My reasoning for this? We havent seen in a single TGS gameplay video, or more importantly, a tech-demo by SEGA, any Hunters using guns, any forces using sabers, or any rangers using sabers. This might be (and more than likely is) simply because they havent shown us footage like that. But also remember that in one of the tech demos they show a HUmar with a slew of what look like Rares, but ALL of them are melee, not a single gun in the bunch (if i recall correctly.)

They could have made it such that Forces can only equip force centric weapons, and vice-versa.

Like I said, dont quote me on this, its complete conjecture, and im more than likely wrong (it doesnt make much sense to me that this would be the case, they have the animations for the other characters so why not simply add them to most of the others? Also, PSO and PSU allow for classes to mix it up to a certain amount, and I dont see why they would change that) but it does bear mentioning.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Well, isn't the action pallet back? well just place magic into the slots and viola!

Niered, in the same video with the Humar with the rare items also has a Humar using a launcher and a handgun, and a Hunewearl using a wand and handgun.

I was worried like you until I saw the Humar use the handgun photon art.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemel View Post
    Niered, in the same video with the Humar with the rare items also has a Humar using a launcher and a handgun, and a Hunewearl using a wand and handgun.

Oh wow, your right! Nice to be wrong in this instance, thanks for bringing it up, disregard most of that post then.
    Last edited by Niered; Oct 14, 2008 at 12:24 AM.

Yes the video is delicious
    Duck Tales
    # of Members: 45

Requirement to join Duck Tales - If I like the cut of your Jib jk its free for all
    wait no i mean free for all

New video!

Shows HUmar going around killing things,

Not much new, only that there is a part of the first level with some cool bridges and that big screen they have there is big and awesome!

Man, the Strategy Guide for this game will be delicious like the PSO one was...specially the MAG section.

Last edited by Hucast-Kireek; Oct 14, 2008 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hucast-Kireek View Post
    New video!

Shows HUmar going around killing things,

Not much new, only that there is a part of the first level with some cool bridges and that big screen they have there is big and awesome!

Man, the Strategy Guide for this game will be delicious like the PSO one was...specially the MAG section.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKBwbQa534M
    Nice find, wishing we could find some of people playing as a character other than a HUmar.

It seems the only characters wever seen in play so far are:

HUmar
    HUmarl
    RAcast
    RAcaseal
    FOnewhearl
    FOmar/FOnewm?

Id really like to see the in-game version of the RAmar and RAmarl, especially since the RAmar has stirred up such a debate on the artstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemel View Post

Which video was this? I wish to see it, so I can sleep tonight.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

It's this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IgHV...pso-world.com/

It's after the middle of the video.