Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Third presidential debate

Well, what did you all think?

Obama finally managed to sell me on himself after I already voted for him, rofl. (Absentee, so my ballot already got mailed in this past Saturday)

McCain proved to be hopelessly nervous and fidgety in his reactions to things, some of the views he espoused frankly scared the living bejesus out of me(Mother's health is a' extreme pro-abortion' viewpoint? EXCUSE ME?), and he proved to be massively out of touch - Equality of schools? What county does he fucking live in? I went to two different high schools, one of them a California school in a poor hispanic/african-american community, and one in a rich nearly exclusively white community in North Carolina. The difference between these schools and the opportunities they were able to provide and the teachers and the textbooks and EVERYTHING was MASSIVE. Just... Holy shit, do we live in the same fucking country, McCain?

McCain talked housing, Obama talked jobs. I'm a lot more interested in jobs, thanks, I need one, I'd like to keep my car, the fuck with housing. Obama shares my views on abortion and on Roe v. Wade and instead of dodging the issue and providing some half-response like so many people do brought it out in the open and talked about it in detail, something that I personally was really glad to hear.

So yeah, between McCain's nervous morse-code blinking, clenched forehead, eyebrow acrobatics and goodjobgoodjobgoodjob; his scary as living shit views and his complete failure to be in touch with anything I give a damn about, I'm now even more against him than I was in the first place. I don't want this scary bigoted scaremongerer who's freaking out at a bloody debate in office. And Obama's stances and ideas and the calm, collected image he was able to maintain and present made him come across as someone who, while I'm still not completely won and do still have some reservations, I can at least feel somewhat OK with having as the president. Biden got me to vote for his ticket in the VP debate, and then tonight Obama reinforced that with me.

Though I really wish BOTH of them would have shut the hell up about Joe The Plumber. It was old by the end of the first time it was mentioned.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

McCain did better throughout the majority of the debate, but petered off into "cranky old man" territory by the end. I was impressed, at first, but he wore on me after a while.

Note: I also missed part of the debate to catch the Project Runway finale. Priorities!
    Last edited by Solstis; Oct 15, 2008 at 11:13 PM.

Didn't watch.

Phillies beat the Dodgers to go to the World Series. Yes.
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

I think Obama did his job. Mccain kept staying on the subject of taxes "nooo, we who have enough to spare shouldnt! we like our money!" and trying to bring out the fact that Obama knew(not knows) people who aren't really the most reputable for a president. I've been pretty neutral up to this point, and just see Obama completely win on all the debates since at least he answers the dam questions instead of trying to bring down the competition, I mean McCain was saying that Obamas messages have been negative? if i recall...McCain was the first one to start talking trash through his ads, all I would see in Obamas ads are what he plans to do and wouldn't even mention McCain, least in the first ads I saw of these guys. Obamas got my support

I also found that joe the plumber thing weird, i mean i know its supposed to represent the common small business american, but they gave him a last name and all that too lol

I dont get it why people post here if they didnt even see it tho
    Last edited by The_Gio; Oct 16, 2008 at 02:38 AM.

I was watching South Park, and some Adult Swim.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantra View Post
    I was watching South Park, and some Adult Swim.
    In a general sense, this is basically always better than watching a debate between, say, a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

I was asleep work apparently is killing me. :/

Dukakis 08!!! eh once again they are the reason i vote libertarian

Clearly, Joe the Plumber won the debate.

I thought they both did fairly well, I think that Obama kind of hit this one out of the park. The way McCain's campaign wants him on the attack is clearly not only weighing heavily on him but on voters as well. I think McCain has done a great job for years, but it disappoints me the kinds of things his campaign has attributed to his name. (C'mon, do you really think McCain thinks Obama is a terrorist? His ads all but say it, but McCain is smarter than that. Palin on the other hand...)