Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone ever have their characters deleted?

Hey guys, I havent played PSU online for 10 months now (Financial problems, college, etc...) and am about ready to start again either this Friday or Saturday. However, I read that after three months Sage says they might delete your characters.
    I guess what Im wondering is if anyone has ever had their characters deleted after not playing for so long? Even if they are Im more then prepared to start all over again but Im just kind of curious I guess.

Thanks for taking the time to read my question!

-Wraithind

Ha! this lil happening eh after three months they told me they "cancelled" my subscription and when i asked xbox bout it...they said they deleted my characters along with it but when i asked sega,they said no they dont. but idk i could of been lucky. When i got it reactivated it was still there. I've heard people not playing for a year and it was still there but idk the situation.

I also heard that you can "Hold" your account. Like lets say I cant play for november and december...i guess what i heard was true...they can "Freeze" my account until i call and ask to reactivate it. Hopefully i wont have to pay for those 2 months.

I will be glad bcuz i think i'll have to that in a few months. (Senior Project)
    Last edited by Dark Emerald EXE; Oct 20, 2008 at 01:30 PM.
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

I remember Chilly saying that it hasn't happened yet. Sorry, I don't have the link for it.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I've never heard of anyone losing their characters yet personally, despite being gone for months at a time.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Hmm... I see, so it may just be something that Sega said in hopes of it having people continuously activating their account to keep this from happening? Well, I guess this weekend I will figure out. Yet strangely there was this small thought in the back of my head that was sort of looking forward to starting all over again... does that seem wierd?

I've had a couple of 3-4 month blocks where I would not subscribe due to having other things that were more important at the time. Neither time have any of my characters ever been deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraithind View Post
    Hmm... I see, so it may just be something that Sega said in hopes of it having people continuously activating their account to keep this from happening? Well, I guess this weekend I will figure out. Yet strangely there was this small thought in the back of my head that was sort of looking forward to starting all over again... does that seem wierd?
    Hmmm eh idk

I've deleted 2 of my character like 5 times each until i finally knew what i wanted but deleting my entire account....no never :P
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Okay, so Im guessing their saying that just incase the servers ever get to crowded they at least hold the right to do so. And judging from what Ive heard PSU is knowhere close to that point so Im assuming Im safe.
    Okay, so at least my old character is still there but Im probably gonna change my class around now that ForteFighters can apparently use S Rank Twin Sabers. Thanks a lot for your help guys!

Shalo the Katana Warrior/Furrypaws Lacker ofTitle furrypaws's Avatar

I remember in the old PSU manual (PSU original) they said you had a 5 month grace period before your characters were at stake for deletion, but I can't find that in the new manual. I'll just take a wild guess and say that Sega thought this game was going to be 100x bigger than it was.

In otherwords, if you had left a week after the game started, I'd be willing to bet your characters are still there.