Uhm yea I've heard of these rare monsters. Al Rappy, Love Rappy, Hildeblue, Red Slime, and whatnot. Do I just do the telepipe thingie? Do I do it in the same room as the monsters are in? Hmm.
    Also, I'm a FOnewearl lvl 69, but for some reason the second I get to DF phase 3 (grants/slash/megid phase!) on VHard I die! I always appear in front of him and he slashes me once and kills me. I'm pretty sure I can survive his grants though, because on Hard I took more damage from the slash than grants. But my MAG will revive me at any other phase except 3 for some reason. Same with invincibility. I have no scape dolls because for some reason I NEVER find them... I tried running away (heh ) but he always slashes me no matter how far I go... grrr die DF! Any help on these things would be appreciated! Carrot (Venya-vende)

Rare monsters? It depends... If you're playing offline, then using the telepipe trick is definitely the easiest way of finding them. Basically, all you have to do is warp back and forth between town and the area with the common monster such as rag rappy, hildelt etc., and cross your fingers for a rare monster to appear. It certainly takes time and patience, though.
    If you're playing online, well, it's really the luck of the draw, as the pipe trick doesn't work online.

As for Falz' little "love tap"? The quick answer is... high HP is the only way around that. :/ So make sure you have General/HP or Dragon/HP units equipped during the battle. Hell, even Digger/HP's will make a difference...
    Should be pretty easy then.

Edit: I just now noticed a stupid little typo that I couldn't help but correct, sorry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CajunSamurai on 2003-02-05 03:40 ]</font>

High defense also helps. Try equipping a God/body or a few metal/bodies if you have some.

It worked for me.

The Kid In The Helmet
    That K shaped one up North...you know the one

On 2003-02-03 05:20, Cloud_01 wrote:
    High defense also helps. Try equipping a God/body or a few metal/bodies if you have some.

It worked for me.
    i'm pretty sure falz swipe attack takes away the same ammount of hp no matter what defense you have.

Thanks for the advice you guys, I might actually have some semblance of a chance of surviving .

I'm a HUman, what are you?

I'm not sure about anyone else, but in my case, if not all, but most of the Rare monsters I've found have been on quests...That or online. Telepipe trick works well, if you have the patience/time to do it. Sometimes Pal Rappys don't come out until you've use a whole bar of TP, in my case, 30 minutes or more sometimes...10 Pal Rappys and nothing, I guess you can tell I'm Pinkal.
    As for Falz, I tried that method, equipping the metal/bodys and at one point I had 4 equipped when I fought him on V Hard, it didn't work at all. Don't do what I did... In the end I decided to gain 8 more levels and then own him, which I did.

Ah yes, I figured out what worked best for me. In my case, I had only equipped ONE General/HP (I think) and it DID save me! lol it left me with 6 HP but it still kept me alive. I didn't die once! If I was to suggest what to use, a few digger/HP's or General/Hp's worked good for me, so I finally beat him. Now it's that darned Ult. mode dragon X_x;. uh yea.

Sorcerer Hunters Rule....

Yeah, it's all about the HP for FO's. Even Sil Dragon should be pretty easy using 3 or 4 General or Dragon/HP (of course, God/HP rock muchly too). Occasionally an elemental unit such as resist/saint or super/resists for Vol Opt's first form will come in handy as well, but really, all you need for most bosses is high HP.
    As far as defense goes, I find that defense units help mostly against grunt enemies such as boomas, etc... For bosses, Jellen and Deband is all you need, if that.
    As long as you don't die in one hit is all that matters.

DF on vhard can only kill me with that slash and boy dose it get annoying...wait he only hits me once...well the rare monsters arnt rare to me ofline but all they do is drop a pdrop.