Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fable 2

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

I picked it up Tuesday, but just got into it last night. I have to say all of the side quests are much improved. So far its pretty fun. I'm a little disappointed in the frame rate though. :/

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    I'm a little disappointed in the frame rate though. :/
    Yeah, that and the water "splash" effect that looks really half-assed.

But yeah, I don't know why they weren't shooting for a smooth 60fps rate...

I've pre-ordered my copy and I will pick it up tommorow ( it comes out in Europe on the 24th of October ). Most of the reviews that I have read seem to be positive although there are a few people who unhappy with the game. My main concern is that alot of people say that it is alot like the 1st Fable game ( although better ). I played the 1st Fable ( very briefly for about 15 minutes ) and I wasn't really impressed, I hated the camera and the controls. I hope Fable 2 has improved on these things.

Been playing it since release day; bought up the bar and carriage stall in Oakvale(aswell as afew of the houses), the bar, blacksmith and about six smaller stalls in Bowerstone; making about 2250g every five minutes.

Got my dood dressed up like a colonial american, was running around with a steel longsword and flintlocke rifle; swapped out to a steel katana and clockwork pistol. Oh the fun that /i have =]

Yeah, the side-quests and just exploring are the meat and potatoes of action adventure games, and the character controls are very fluid in this one. No more "follow the road" this time around, running through brush and woods and jumping fences, off cliffs, etc is fucking great. I've already married a dood and a chick and have them living in Oakvale; I come around just to get their gifts, partake of (safe)sex and then leave after giving them the "I love you so much" just to keep them happy shpiel.

Fun game, I rather like the dog aswell. Sort of gives you more to concern yourself with as opposed to just running around hearing your own footsteps.

So far, awesome fun. I expecially like handling the purity/corruption when it comes to setting my prices up in the bigger establishments I own, while setting it lower in the others while maximising profits. A game in and of itself.

Oh yeah, artisan woodcutter too, whee. Not that I even have to do it anymore, but it was a good money maker when I needed it in a pinch.
    Look, he did it again.

I got the game the day of it's releas, and played it for over 24 hours straight. First I was a female, but then I put a bunch into physical and she got all brawny and hideous. I didn't realize at the time you could take points out of stuff, so I made a different character half way through the game, this time focusing on magic and guns. Beat the game with her, went for a mix of good and evil (came out good in the end though.) Now that I know the results of some choices, I'm going through with another character (a mostly all good male.) I still haven't done a fully evil person, so that's another run through I'll be doing later. Despite playing it through so many times, there's still a lot I haven't done. I keep stumbling onto spots I hadn't noticed before, still haven't found all the demon doors, etc. It's really worth you time in this game to wonder off the main roads. I also want to buy all of a town and become king/queen, so there's that to.

The only downside is a few cosmetic glitches (like when Thag the bandit kicked my dog at the very beginning of the game, it glitched and fell through the porch under thag's feet.) So far no glitches that have broke the game though. The dot lags on the jobs sometimes, and that's annoying.

On an end note: master clockwork pistol with at least 2 dex (for zoomed in mode) and a nice chunk in accuracy is so overpowered, but I do so love it

Man... even though I have Mass Effect waiting at home for me to start up, I'm very tempted to pick this up on my way home from work.

It really sounds like a neat world, which just happens to be my weakness in games.

Hrm, any PSOW'ers want to use this thread also for posting gamertags, so you can travel to each others worlds? I'm not sure if that feature was included with the initial game patch, but I know they said it would be available sometime this or next week.

I only have silver atm, but I'll be getting gold fairly soon. GT is King Craska. Feel free to send a friend request if you're down for trying this out.

I got it yesterday, I'm enjoying it so far. I have noticed the framerate drops here and there but it's really not that much of a bother for me. I haven't gotten past Bowerstone and I've been playing for almost 6 hours now. It's just too fun interacting with the townspeople.

As for my gamertag, it's in my signature. Send me a friend request if you want. Just make sure to say who you are otherwise I'll probably decline it.

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

Beat it with my guy, mostly because he got all beefy and stupid looking. The ending was pretty surprising, sounds like a set-up for an expansion (yay!).

Playing through again as a female, huge chunk of her kills are just from vortexing people off ledges.

Do wish you could put points in physical without looking all sorts of awful, but the game is definitely worth it. Still having trouble being pure evil though, maybe I'll just go for corrupt.

Yeah, putting points into Physique turns you into The Hulk. I dunno if refunding the levels takes away the mods though.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.