Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xbox live PSO3?

Heavy Battle Virtuaroid VR-Raiden's Avatar

So how exactly would one request that this be put on Xbox Live? maybe we should try it, nothing to lose =P

Quote Originally Posted by zandra117 View Post
    Shenmue 2 wont fit on arcade. PSO3 will fit. Portal fits. Sega just has to give the go ahead.
    The current Xbox Live Arcade file size limit is 350MB for the base game, and add-ons don't have a file size.

However, much like The Orange Box, Microsoft likes to make exceptions for Valve, which is why Portal was allowed on the Arcade with a file size of something like 650MB.

Shenmue II might make it to Xbox Originals, but not the Arcade. Being that Phantasy Star Online Episode 3 never actually came to the platform before, it'd have to be an Arcade game. PSO Episode 1 could fit, due to its diminuitive file size (and the other episodes could easily be released as add-ons) - however, I don't know how big Episode 3 was, but I don't doubt they could do it, if Sega felt it was feasible.

Of course, there's probably no justification for a monthly fee, as they could just use the Xbox Live servers and have it require Gold, but I doubt Sega would want people playing it without them constantly milking undue amounts of cash from its players.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    The current Xbox Live Arcade file size limit is 350MB for the base game, and add-ons don't have a file size.

However, much like The Orange Box, Microsoft likes to make exceptions for Valve, which is why Portal was allowed on the Arcade with a file size of something like 650MB.

Shenmue II might make it to Xbox Originals, but not the Arcade. Being that Phantasy Star Online Episode 3 never actually came to the platform before, it'd have to be an Arcade game. PSO Episode 1 could fit, due to its diminuitive file size (and the other episodes could easily be released as add-ons) - however, I don't know how big Episode 3 was, but I don't doubt they could do it, if Sega felt it was feasible.

Of course, there's probably no justification for a monthly fee, as they could just use the Xbox Live servers and have it require Gold, but I doubt Sega would want people playing it without them constantly milking undue amounts of cash from its players.
    My thoughts. They could (and hope) if they bring EP3 to Xbla just run it from Microsoft's servers and don't charge the Monthly HL fee. But the problem is getting EP3 on Xbla first... But a man can dream....