Thread: Left4Dead

Default Left4Dead

This game looks awesome, and out of all teh cool games coming out I can only pick one.

Im thinking of this one, I want a game i can play offline multiplayer with my cousin with, and so far this is teh only one that combines awesomness with that factor :/

BUT! Valve usually makes the PC version WAY better..... and I was wondering out of all the games coming out or have came out do u think Left4Dead on 360's best for me?
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

if you are a PC gamer you might wanna get the PC version for mods.
    but I'm sure the Xbox360 version will be supported better than what they've done for
    team fortress.

but ya I dunno about this game. I heard a rumor you can't choose your character in multiplayer, like it's random. and it's too bad it doesn't have customization like R6Vegas 2.
    ya most CoD and GoW fans don't care about characters they use, but it makes worlds of a
    difference for even games like SR's sequel. it provides for diversity and preferences.

I dunno I think I'm gonna skip L4D cause I'm tight on money, and I'm saving up for RE5
    next year, and I have points reserved for HD Remix.

but ya L4D is a good sign in the right direction for new FPS games. away from the
    gun-wielding human/alien enemies, and into more zombie-like terroritory. even
    CoD:war thingy is gonna add a 4 player co-op zombie mode, but I doubt it has character
    customization on par with Vegas 2.

but ya it's a start.

and next yea, Aliens: Colonial Marines is coming to Xbox360 and that has a complete
    4 player co-op campaign. that will be awesome.

but ya I heard L4D has splitscreen multiplayer, not sure though, maybe 2 player splitscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Saner View Post
    mumbo-jumbo
    I seriously think that you're completely missing the point of Left 4 Dead, and well, gaming in general.

Left 4 Dead has been on my radar for quite a while now for a variety of reasons. When was the last time we had a great, co-op zombie FPS?

More importantly, Valve seems to be going for a subversive story in this game just like they did (a bit) with Portal. Player characters will randomly discuss their lives before the zombie attacks which will apparently flesh out the back-story of the game. In addition to this, there will be the hints of plot scattered throughout the levels.

I'm also concerned about which system to get it for. I have a 360, while my brother has a PC which I generally do my Steam gaming on. I'm tempted to get it on 360 so I can play it whenever I want, plus that version has local multiplayer, which is always a plus. The downside is that 360 Valve games aren't updated nearly as often nor as cleanly (having to purchase content that's free on the PC comes to mind...). In addition to this, I read a preview that insinuated the player character dialogue might have been cut from the 360 version in exchange for voice chat. (Basically neutering the story of the game... not something I would be happy about.)

Clearly this game isn't about the story... it's about surviving against zombies along with some friends. But you can't blame a guy for being interested when a company goes to the effort to inject a plot in a clever way.

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

I was considering getting this game untill I saw Valves name of it. And since I only have a pc, that means installing STEAM(ing pile of crap) onto my system. I had STEAM(ing pile of crap) installed on my last pc. One of the worst programs. Annoying to navigate, won't sign in most of the time, refuses to patch games when the patch is there..... Need I go on? Not to mention, I'm convinced that it's one of the causes my old pc's hard drive corrupted.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

My brother always talked about this game. When he saw the game trailer he fell in love with it right away.

i for my part am actually considering getting this and xbl gold membership.
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

it honestly doesn't look that good. All the environments look like the tired "decayed urban" setting. Also, you shouldn't be able to melee a gigantic crowd of zombies at once, there should be like grappling techniques tog et them to the ground, something like that. The graphics haven't really been impressive either, and a lot of it just looks sorta sloppy.

a type of game where u are put up against a huge number of enemies and u have to just survive with what you have is the kind of game i've always wanted so this is insta-buy for me, and i actually really really like steam, except for the fact that my account for some reason no longer works and since i installed all my games with that account i can no longer play those games >:{

so yea i used to love it lol.

and I know this game would be much much better on PC, but I am able to buy 1 game out of all the ones coming out and i need a multiplayer one since i always have people over my house, and i checked and this is multiplayer on the same system (i think 1-4) also my PC is moved to my parents room now so i could hardly play it anywyas, so i would like the PC ver. but it seems like im gonna go with the 360.

thanks for the input and opinions! (i could've picked gears 2 but i really dont like the game's multiplayer and the campain is usually sort)
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

I had it preordered within minutes of it being available on Steam.

To people wondering whether to get it for 360 or PC, definitely get it for PC if available. Besides superior controls, Valve has promised to release new content for it(like TF2 did), and the 360 version will probably get dick all if TF2 is anything to go by.

To whoever it was complaining about Steam, it's really cleaned up it's act in the last year or two. It used to be a big peice of shit, but nowadays I run all of my non-steam games through it to use its messenger service, and buy all games that I can through it. It's really a great service.

I've been looking forward to this game since it's been announced. I'm not going to sit here and write an essay why, but I love co-op games, and I love undead shit(especially because the Undead in this ARE PLAYABLE GODDAMN), so this looks really good, especially with the way the AI Director works and everything. I'm really interested in seeing how that thing works with populating the area, and adjusting to different playstyles, and whatnot.