Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Mill Lilly Harvester ARASHIKAGE's Avatar
    In arms reach of my Snow Queen at all times.

Default Who/what inspires you?

So your a badass seed kill'n machine, 8min True Darkness runs, 20 min Electronic Brain, you can solo Bladed Legacy. How did you get this far? Why do you play the way you do? Sometimes a player come along and changes the way you look at your gaming style or how you feel about differnt classes/races.

Heres my personal list of the people that inspire me and why:

-Sturm (Showed me how versatile and powerful shotguns are)
    -Astro (Hybrid class like Beast Fortgunner can solo with ease. And to never give up on your rare hunt)
    -LaMB (Stand out, be differnt. Not to be discouraged with being Human Race. Oldschool melee PAs are worth leveling. And how fun Protranser can be)
    -Aftermath (Level 40 megid before the tech lvling speed boost, enough said)
    -Marron (Awesome support. Its not that heal heals you before you ask. Its that he heals you before your trimate does)
    -ICECOLD (Inspires me to raise my PAs and go after high % and higher quality weapons)
    -Cedicus (He brings the word slayer to a new level, inspires the hunter side in me)
    -Artemisia (Many differnt chars. and play styles. He inspires me to be a collector and save the things might otherwise throw away)
    ALPAL- (Say whats on your mind)
    Grimace- (Role model for all techers. -Buff on the move style needs to be adopted by all forces- )

This is just a fraction of the people that affect my gaming experience. Not nearly enough players are mentioned here.
    PSO GCN: Storm Shadow - RAmar - Retired
    PSU AOTI PC/PS2: Storm Shadow - Human Male PT - Retired
    PSZ: Hazatak Kid - RAmar - level 95

Retardacon \re-,tard-a-kan\ n 1 : retarded robot, humanoid, android, cyborg or cast as a : retarded decepticon b : cast from phanasty star found generally being retarded on these forums c : one who advocates cast supremacy 2 also see : cast supremacist

"arrgh such a retardacon"

Grimace made me jealous so I started tech leveling hardcore (doing it right now actually)
    Other than that I'm pretty self-motivated

What motivates me you ask? Easy!

spear-[dus majarra. he has a nice ATT and ACC modifier and not to mention all elemental spears over 30%. My love]
    and

axe-[this one you see has hax damage and can destroy any mob under 140-ish i believe? Not to mention it has no need for ACC meaning ill never miss! great for slaying dragons!]

Who inspires me? The few, the proud, the Leetest Men.

Rambo - For introducing me to PSO, letting me use and abuse his ventrilo server, and teaching me that if something didn't work, it was because I wasn't shouting loud enough. Valiant soldier in the War Against Faggot Gay in 07 (you know what I mean).
    - "You must respond to every situation with extreme, overwhelming force."

Jose - For teaching me the values of Youtube, showing me how to properly wield an axe (upside-down), and bringing the chicken lizard into all of our lives. Oh, and the Spadacs, thanks for the Spadacs. Jose, because of you, my IQ is now 30 points less than when I first met you. I can't thank you enough.
    - "Jose no amount of dis and dis can save you from dat."

Cracka J - For being the King Craska of Photoshop and my mugulus in crime in all my runs and mexican-bashing. Taught me the valuable and hard lesson in life: anything you can do, Cracka can do better and probably 13 times over.
    - "Hi I'm Favors!"

Netallon - For nurturing this once frail, UMP-toting, spray and praying noob and making him into the formidible scout machine he is today. And for scaring Jose OFF THE INTERNET for one full week. Never forget.
    - "FUCKING BULLSHIT!!"

Gnarrkill - For proving time and time again that if it's an MMO, it's free, and it's got bitches, it's worth playing for one week. Also for making the one and only CSS rap.
    - "Everything is all Gnarrkill!!"

Laquill, the Legendary - For being the one and only, playing random soundclips where ever there was a Gnarrkill in need, and participating in the Great Berry Pieing of Dark Falz in 2008. Yes, he really is black.
    - *insert Price is Right theme here*

ID - For being absolute, true TLM material from day 1. Knows that they drop on A, sorry no pics, I gave to my friends.
    - "YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

Deacon - Though you never came on vent, and will never read this message, you are the reason I have half the shit that I got from 1UP. MGG > Remedy
    - "YEEEAAAHHHHH!"

And last, but certainly not least;

Dark Hope - Wherever you may be (sailing on a nuclear submarine), you made TLM what it is today and proved to each and every one of us that the mute button is priceless.
    - "Did you get Balamb Garden yet?"

Well, it's certainly been a long two years... wait, what is this topic about again?
    Last edited by RegulusHikari; Oct 26, 2008 at 01:46 PM.

Well, I'll try to keep this short, so don't hate me if I don't mention you!

Jarek He makes the top of my list because he's one of the, if not the, best player I've met, and his amazing will and motivation has inspired me to strive for the best and to do my best. He's also give me great advice and support on things we didn't entirely agree on.

Logan Not only is he a joy to play with, but his choice to be different and a beast techer inspires me to think outside of the box and go with things that suit me and make me happy.

Potemkin He's hand's down my favorite person I've ever met online (sorry everyone else). Admittedly, he hasn't given me much inspiration on a skill level, but he's always been there for me on a personal level, which I think is more important.

People that dislike me This is a bit corny, but I've always been strongly motivated by people that didn't like me and attempted to cause conflict with me. I strive to overcome challenges, and every dagger in my back fuels the fire. This isn't just online people.

Myself What can I say? I'm a headstrong person, and I don't like to settle for anything less than perfect on my own. I'm also pretty independent--I rarely accept freebies from anyone, and I often put others before my own goals. Yet I still manage to take care of what I need to.

Others Uriko, Touka, Nanashi, Rumika, Yggdra, Eternum, Crozier, Romanos, Delsaber, Dragwind, Einhart, Xellos, Daelan MK III, Corey, Lakan, Artea, etc.
    Last edited by Kylie; Oct 26, 2008 at 02:05 PM.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Quote Originally Posted by Fure_Rakune View Post
    :<
    Baww.
    I can count on my hands how many times we've played together!

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Damn you have some creepy hands then.

me myself and I

I could go on a huge list of who's been a good friend and so forth, but this is mainly for those who've inspired me to change the way I play. I'm very, very self-motivated so I tend to play my way over anyone elses, but there have been a few people who have influenced me.

Rain (AweOfShe)
    - For convincing me (way back in v1) that Newmans could infact melee. I'd always played HUnewearl in PSO (because of corruptions, I had 3 high level HUneys on GC alone, and a Lv200 on BB), so I wanted to carry one of my PSO characters through to PSU.

Even though she's since been deleted, I stuck with Teika on PSU until Lv114, and even then, the only reason I deleted her was that she was too small. (She was Lv114 when the scales released, I was horrified she was only 4'11", so I deleted her. Call me crazy if you will.) I since remade a Newman for melee, based on my PSOGC HUnewearl, she's Lv118 so far and I have no current intent to delete her. I'd only even considered seriously going for Newman melee once I'd seen pics of the damage Rain was doing (and after playing with him for a few runs.)

Touka
    - There's been two main things Touka has done that have changed the way I play. When I started on v1, I was an avid melee class user (see above paragraph). Unfortunately, I detested both gunners AND techers. Part of this was that I didn't really want to spend my time leveling bullets/techs, when I could be on a Hunter.

Anyway, Touka was determined to make me at least try and stick with either Techer or Gunner, so he let me use his account for a bit to try his high leveled ones. Needless to say, it literally took ONE run of Plains Overlord S2 as his Fortegunner to get me interested. I've gotta thank him for it, but he also helped me level some Photon Arts for both Techer and Gunner- for the latter to convince me to try it more. Again, he succeeded, and I now play Gunner and Techer a lot. In fact, Fortegunner is now my favourite class

Oh, before I forget- Touka also convinced me to start using a Shotgun. I had always used Crossbow instead, but after Touka mentioned that I should try a Shotgun, I picked one up and went to level it. Now I barely use Crossbows

He's also good at giving me advice on my playstyle, and which PA's are worth leveling. Considering he's assisted me with so much of PSU since the first day I started, he gets huge thanks (and hopefully a Psycho Wand, if I can get one to drop)

Kylie
    - For starters, it'd look pretty awful if I didn't list you, after you mentioned me Anyway, while Kylie hasn't changed the way I play, she's pretty much a reminder that there were still people worth playing with on PC/PS2. Plus, she's very easy to talk to, which made gaming with her an enjoyable experience.
    Last edited by Neith; Oct 26, 2008 at 08:29 PM.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)