Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

how could you leave a place in which hilarious drama is occurring??

Well, mainly it's the forum drama that I've been soaking up. I haven't actively being playing WoW very much since summer ended, and even then, my two characters were a Priest and a Lock, so I don't have much vested in the Pally drama other than thinking it's funny. I do feel bad for them, though. It's not their fault Blizz pulled another patch 2.0 and made one class way more unbalanced-at-current-endgame than any of the others, and then did a bunch of sweeping knee jerk nerfs that will leave them roughly useless for most of the looming expansion. Same exact thing happened to Hunters right before Burning Crusade hit.

Fuck if I care though, I'm a feral druid; any time another class gets an "OP'd" buff or a 'shattering nerf' thats just less gas people toss on the "omg fucking druids are OP!!!" non-sense.

I ran a lvl 61 mage and a lvl 66 shaman through three outland instances just abit ago, was fricken great. =]
    Look, he did it again.

While the defensive mantra was "wait until 80", this level of imbalance couldn't wait. I've been playing (off and on) since launch, and I can say that Ret Pallies currently are the most overpowered class in the history of the game. Not even rogues, the class I hate the most, can destroy entire GROUPS of players before they can even blink.

While I don't think the return to "lolret" is what we need, a serious nerf was definitely in order. Anyone who says otherwise was in denial, and their time is better spent trying to deface Blizzard's wikipedia page, where their teenage angst can be heard by more people who don't care.

I wish the FFXI drama was this awesome. :/
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

While I don't think the return to "lolret" is what we need, a serious nerf was definitely in order.
    Agreed, although I still think Blizzard has handled every step of the OP Ret saga very badly. It was bad to make them so freaking broken in the first place. It was bad to overnerf them. It was really bad to let them go live in their overpowered state, knowing full well the amount of crying it would generate after having seen it in action on the PTR and beta server. I agree that 3.0 Ret is the most overpowered any class has ever been at any point in the game's history, and that's really bad, but no MMO should ever be "balanced for 80" when everyone is still going to be 70 for a full subscription month. It can only leads to problems like what's currently going down.

Still, I enjoy the 70-page threads of Paladins vomiting in rage at Ghostcrawler. Poor guy is probably the first blue to ever communicate so lucidly and frequently with the forum goers (not counting Tseric's meltdown), and they still want him to get AIDS. Just goes to show what happens when you gather history's largest collection of anonymous sociopaths ever collected and put them on a game forum!

I'm looking forward to dual talent specialization. I can be a meat shield and an irritating cutter without having to pay to go back and forth. Course, I probably can't run Wrath on this computer. It could barely run BC on minimum settings.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

A usual fight for me as ret paladin was as follows. Run up to an enemy, use my instant casts, regain all my MP by judging, hammer of wrath, and move on to the next enemy. No resting, no AFKing to masturbate. Just 10 second fight, one after another. Not to mention, I could maul anyone who dueled me before they realized what happen, and I have no dueling experience whatsoever.
    And people are feeling any sort of emotion towards this nerf? It should have been easily expected. Hell, I'm glad this rebalance is happening. AoE damage, high single target damage output, high survivability, and support shouldn't all be on one character.

I am enjoying the overpowered aspect of my character now. For two years, I suffered being the laughing stock and most underpowered class in the game. And then for one month, I am going to be uber powered and people are upset that the lowest class actually is giving a shot to do well even without an enhancement shaman.

While I do admit the changes need to come, but people don't realize that Ret is going to be still one of the lower end DPS classes in WotLK (remember, Seal of Command, Seal of Blood/Martyr, Crusader Strike, and Divine Storm only have 1 rank and are bases on AP, unlike most of the attacks and skills of other classes). But this time, it will not be such a huge difference between other class and much more comparative so you will still consider them to be taken along.

Although, I am more of a PvE person than PvP. So my thought reflect that more. For PvP, it does need to be rebalance. I got two season 1 pieces and the season 3 gloves with a Gorehowl and I still beat people in full season 2/3 with some season 4 gear is not right.

I hardly know what anyone is saying, lawl D=

I played WoW for 3 months and only had an Undead Warlock. And anytime I was in PvP it was almost always on the battlegrounds, so I'd either get the jump on someone or get mauled by a group anyway >_>

I wonder if I should come back to WOW since I don't play PSU anymore...hm