Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Seriously Why are you people still playing?

I really want to know why people are still playing, and more importantly PAYING $_$ to play this seemingly dead game (PC/PS2 servers at least). This game's economy was destroyed about a year ago, you have to spam the exact SAME mission for 30 to 40 levels, and you're 8 months behind in content.

AND YOU STILL PLAY?!?!

Seriously I want to know what I'm missing here about this game that keeps you guys logging in everyday to grind more exp/meseta because I'm thinking about coming back too. Now don't get me wrong I don't hate PSU, but I honestly believe this game has run it's course, the only reason why I'm coming back is because there are still friends in this game that absolutely refuse to leave. Refuse!?

I remember a long time ago the developers for PSU were talking about PSO and how it lasted for 6years or something, even though they blatantly admitted it was never designed to live that long. They said that they were going to reinvent PSO with PSU with a game that would have more content and last longer, but I honestly believe that 2years is plenty.

I can't cancell my account though, even though I've stopped caring, because my friends won't play anything else, and I really want to know wtf am I missing? What do you think's gonna happen to the dedicated players finally hit level 200 cap and AotI has finally been concluded?
    Will you still play even then?

I don't mean to sound jaded, but I'm sure everyone has asked themselves this question at some point, I know my answer for still paying to play PSU, and I want to hear yours.
    Last edited by BigBadWolf; Oct 30, 2008 at 05:56 PM.

The quests are so epic and the storyline is better than fables and fallouts. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWolf View Post
    I really want to know why people are still playing, and more importantly PAYING $_$ to play this seemingly dead game (PC/PS2 servers at least). This game's economy was destroyed about a year ago, you have to spam the exact SAME mission for 30 to 40 levels, and you're 8 months behind in content.

AND YOU STILL PLAY?!?!

Seriously I want to know what I'm missing here about this game that keeps you guys logging in everyday to grind more exp/meseta because I'm thinking about coming back too. Now don't get me wrong I don't hate PSU, but I honestly believe this game has run it's course, the only reason why I'm coming back is because there are still friends in this game that absolutely refuse to leave. Refuse!?

I remember a long time ago the developers for PSU were talking about PSO and how it lasted for 6years or something, even though they blatantly admitted it was never designed to live that long. They said that they were going to reinvent PSO with PSU with a game that would have more content and last longer, but I honestly believe that 2years is plenty.

I can't cancell my account though, even though I've stopped caring, because my friends won't play anything else, and I really want to know wtf am I missing? What do you think's gonna happen to the dedicated players finally hit level 200 cap and AotI has finally been concluded?
    Will you still play even then?

I don't mean to sound jaded, but I'm sure everyone has asked themselves this question at some point, I know my answer for still paying to play PSU, and I want to hear yours.
    You aren't missing anything. It's the same game for everyone who's playing it. Some it works for, some it doesn't. If you don't enjoy playing anymore, no amount of people telling you you should will make you.

I understand it's frustrating when you lose the will to play a game that everyone else is playing, but it;s really your choice man. If you don't like it, let it go. I play PSU because I enjoy running with all the great friends I've made and my characters still need more work in levels and gear.

Once you do everything you wanted to do, have the best equipment, stacks of meseta, 4 capped 140's, there ain't much else left to do until new shit comes out. I was lucky enough to have a full-time job and a tabletop gaming group that ate enough of my time during MAG1 and 2 that I didnt cap all my characters. I don't get to farm as often as others do so I don't have things to sell or trade for multi-millions of meseta, and I'm THANKFUL for that. I still have tons to do and my game still holds my interest even over all the other games out there (also highly in part to the fact I don't own a next-gen console beyond a PS2)

Just try and find something you still have to do in the game man, and if you don't have anything, cancel and resub once there is. That's all you can do at that point.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying a game if other people don't.

I believe its more of a collection thing. You have bullets,PA's,and techs to level. Customization is the issue. When you have your main charecter running around looking like a true bad ass in some form or another thats you there. Each character represents a person. I think thats what it mainly is.

Now Me? I play because its a good game. It started out ruff in the begining and its the game concept like how it was in DC/GC/XB. Its jst a good concept. Now the lack of support doesn't make it a bad game it just makes it not worth $10. It it was $5 a month thats a whole different story. If we were getting pdates like JP would this be an even better game? Hell yeah! Would anyone have conplaints? A few maybe, not many though.

I've been saying this over and over and over again. Yeah, PS2/PC is on the brink and I don't think there is any saving that. But the Xbox 360 version has the problem! Once again...WB! If we all played the damn game the way it was supposed to be played this would be a much better place.

Why spam WB? I don't want to hear the meseta/exp argument. Thats old and not a good enough excuse. Would you be happier if the game was played how it was supposed to be? Running Stage to next to next to next to next, hey lets jump to another planet! Stage to next to next to next to next? Anyone would love that?! Thats how the game was supposed to be played. Why do yo think GBR was made like that?

Why are we all in Uni 1 Leo (Guide) still? Somebody tell me?! Are we really that stupid?! Are you guiding some one? No? GTFO Uni 1 then! If we don't like the game we play in then its our faults but I bet if the game was played how it was supposed to be these lack of updates would be alot more bearable because if you needed a party you could find one. Whats the excuse?

Step 1: The message needs to get out to get outta uni 1

Step 2: We need to stop spamming WB Yeah, its not that simple but combined with other steps its pretty easy. So what WB gives more Exp/Mes its still only a bit more. And what difference does it make about the Exp when events can cap you anyway? Money is what you want? Run groves find a Degahna or Needle or whatever weapon that commands a price and sell it. Instantly more money than you could have made at WB in a month!

Step 3: Run the damn missions like they were supposed to! You'll find more stuff and parties.

Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Typheros View Post
    Because I can. I enjoy the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post
    There's nothing wrong with enjoying a game if other people don't.
    This and this. I still play because good friends of mine do, and for me this game isn't dead until they quit.
    Waiting for Phantasy Star Online 2.~

Step 1: The message needs to get out to get outta uni 1
    Don't forget "Get out of Uni 2" for us PC/PS2 ppl :P

Step 2: We need to stop spamming WB Yeah, its not that simple but combined with other steps its pretty easy. So what WB gives more Exp/Mes its still only a bit more. And what difference does it make about the Exp when events can cap you anyway? Money is what you want? Run groves find a Degahna or Needle or whatever weapon that commands a price and sell it. Instantly more money than you could have made at WB in a month!
    Can I still run it to level my low-level characters ? LoL

Step 3: Run the damn missions like they were supposed to! You'll find more stuff and parties.
    Maybe not how it was supposed to be... if it was supposed to be like that we wouldn't have the transport to lobby system LoL But I agree the game is more enjoyable when you don't do the same thing over and over and over and over again.

Umm, why are YOU still here?

If you hate the game so much, then just go away.

Simple as that.

i play psu because its the only mmo type game that doesnt have alot of fairy tale type things which im not too fond of and if other people are then thats there thing.

the way psu plays is great to me i like that its a run and just hit as many things as you can as fast as you can with some tactic to it, believe it or not.

im not a fan of the point and click thing, i dont play many games infact psu is pretty much the only game i play which i dont play so much, but i watch my brother pretty much play every mmo out there in hopes to find a replacement, and they all kinda seem the same to me.

most other games need alot of your time and that bothers me so i just dont play them

also i dont play white beast, i solo or play with friends so the community doesnt bother me so much either. i spend alot time helping newbies really cause the low members of the community are the back bone of keeping psu alive, imo.