Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3.

Allright, thank Blue-Hawk.

Nerd alarm. Customization has so many option, yet the preview is barely visible

I enjoyed Oblivion, so taken that this is Oblivion With Guns, I was easily satisfied.

One of my best comments is about how they fixed some odds and ends relative to skills, meaning that you can't speechcraft your way through the game anymore - they placed in a set chance, which is much more appropriate. Also good that there's a genuine sort of restriction on what you can do based on skills (ie.: science or explosives? Do I go disarm the bomb or do I choose to get the ability to hack into this terminal?) in contrast to Oblivion where if you had any remote sort of dabbling skill, you could be a multiclass pwnmobile.

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    i wanna play this game sooooooobad! but NOOOOO my shitbag laptop wont run it... it runs Oblivion fine but not Fallout 3... i loved the other 2 Fallouts . wiht no PS3 or 360 cause i'm poor so i'm screwed. when i try to run it it just crashes to desktop (curses his Radeon 9700m >_<)

Been playing the game on the 360. Currently a level 14 good guy. My PC can more than handle it, but I prefer to play it with a good 'ol controller. Plus, I wasn't aware of achievements on the PC version... Loading times are bearable on the 360, and the ability to install it on your hard drive later this month will improve that significantly.

I may end up getting the PC version for a second play-through.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_Weltall View Post
    BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    i wanna play this game sooooooobad! but NOOOOO my shitbag laptop wont run it... it runs Oblivion fine but not Fallout 3... i loved the other 2 Fallouts . wiht no PS3 or 360 cause i'm poor so i'm screwed. when i try to run it it just crashes to desktop (curses his Radeon 9700m >_<)
    I will never understand why people game on laptops. It goes against logic.
    Last edited by Rubius-sama; Nov 4, 2008 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubius-sama View Post
    Been playing the game on the 360. Currently a level 14 good guy. My PC can more than handle it, but I prefer to play it with a good 'ol controller. Plus, I wasn't aware of achievements on the PC version... Loading times are bearable on the 360, and the ability to install it on your hard drive later this month will improve that significantly.

I may end up getting the PC version for a second play-through.

I don't think a lot of people understand the inherent differences between laptops and desktops.

That being said, my work laptop is actually quite a bit faster than my desktop, so playing games on a laptop would actually be better for me at this point (but of course, there's no way I'm doing more than flash gaming on a work computer).

Quote Originally Posted by Rubius-sama View Post
    its all i have
    Its an alienware laptop
    3gig P4
    1 gig ram
    ...shit bag radeon 9600m
    other than the graphics card it was stronger than most desktops... 4 years ago when i bought it

I've been having fun with it, it's really the kind of game where you can just wander around and happen across enemies, and enjoy it. Oblivion kinda felt like "oh..great..a fucking minotaur.." But Fallout you're like "Fuck yeah! A merc hit squad AND a group of super mutants all at once! LETS ROCK BITCHES!!" They start fighting each other, and I'm trying to get killshots for the exp.

Swear to God I love sniping, my dood is decked out for small firearms(and soon with the big guns), repair, medicine, science, then I'm gonna punt lockpicking up there aswell.

Gibbing a rocket-launcher toting raider's head through a window with a one-shot VATS critical, as you slow-mo follow the bullet to it's destination. Or having a feral dog jump at you to attack, VATS target it's head, get a crit; which causes the head to pop-off and the camera follows the dog's head and body a good 100ft behind you(flipping and smacking off rocks as it goes).

Honestly, to say this is simply "Oblivion with guns" isn't quite right, it's only relation to Oblivion is the engine used, the simularities stop there. Level cap of 20, very true to the Fallout play mechanics(considering the last two Fallout games were a deviation from the original franchise).

The open-endedness of the game is back to the game's roots; you're not pidgeon holed into being the hero, and you're not always made finish quests a certain way. Infact, you can be an outright evil prick in this game, and thats awesome.

Exploration and trekking is the name of the game, you're always eager to see what you'll come across next in the wasteland. =]
    Look, he did it again.

Btw, on my psow profile, I have linked some videos I made of Fallout 3

i guess if one's aiming at the 360 version after all, one should wait for a future GotY re-release with bugfixes and add-ons, right?
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

John Cena ain't got me ThePainMaker's Avatar

Prepare for the Future.... Of kickin sooo much butt