Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3.

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

Default Fallout 3.

Ok, it's been a week and I haven't seen anyone mention this great game yet.

Yes, I know people are going to tell me it's flawed, I know. But what game isn't flawed right out of the box?

So, what are your impressions so far? Me, I never played any Fallout game before and am now wishing I had a working older pc so I can. Bethesda did something right when they bought the franchise.

Add in the new VATS system, which looks annoying in the videos but is quite easy to use and a LOT of fun, especially with the minigun and missile launcer, and you get one of the best ways to kill an enemy. Hell, it's the first game I ever played that let me target a grenade or missile being loaded (yes I actually got lucky with that targeting) in the enemies hands and shoot them before they can throw/load them.

Gotta love even the character creation. What other games do you not only have a character made, you make them srtaight from birth?

GOD I love this game. :P

Proof that a girls best friend really can be a minigun. :P

Should be 1680X1050 but stupid Photobucket. >_<
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

I think its a really fun game except for two things:

1. Getting lost ALL THE TIME. Your at point A, you need to get to point B, it looks really close on your map but you actually have to go halfway across the damn world map, get into a subway tunnel, PRAY you can actually figure out where to go from there, then climb a 10 story building, go across a skybridge to another building beside it, decend 10 stories, walk around some radiation, and your where you're supposed to be.

2. The map. Most. Useless. And. Stupid. Map. Design. Ever.

Other than those two EXTREMELY frustrating things, I find it fun. But I'm sure as hell glad I got the PC version so I can teleport / no clip *cough*

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Hmm, sucks about the map. I bought the 360 version because I figured it would be easy Gamerpoints, haha. If its really that frustrating, I might end up leaving my 360 copy in the box and just play it on my PC. I don't mind though. I buy all of Bethesda's games.

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    Hmm, sucks about the map. I bought the 360 version because I figured it would be easy Gamerpoints, haha. If its really that frustrating, I might end up leaving my 360 copy in the box and just play it on my PC. I don't mind though. I buy all of Bethesda's games.
    Silly, theres a code in the PC version that lets you use your LIVE account on it.

In other words : PC has achievements too, that add to your gamerscore. (If you don't believe me look at my profile, I'm on your friends list =P)

It keeps them in a separate little "Fallout 3" area though. So like, you can't compare your PC achievements with someone playing the 360 version, but the whole gamerscore is still the same.

I'd highly recommend NOT buying the 360 version - IF you have a good enough PC to run it at high or better. The 360 has long loading, sounds pretty glitchy from what I've heard, and you will most certainly love the F5 quicksave over the 360's archaic system.

My PC is nowhere NEAR good enough for it yet, so I'm going for the 360 version after I've saved some money and beaten Mass Effect, Tales of Vesperia, and Fable II.

Yeah, the old Fallout games were great. It's gonna be odd playing it like Oblivion, but I think I'll live.
    RPG Cliche #189: The Moral Of The Story (Ghaleon Rule): Every problem in the universe can be solved by finding the right long-haired prettyboy and beating the crap out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha379 View Post

I'd highly recommend NOT buying the 360 version - IF you have a good enough PC to run it at high or better. The 360 has long loading, sounds pretty glitchy from what I've heard, and you will most certainly love the F5 quicksave over the 360's archaic system.
    I heard the PS3 version is worse. And the 360's long loading time is only the intital load. My friend has the 360 version. I know. I've seen it running. And the load isn't THAt long. If they had the hard drive install it might cut the loading down but oh well. At least you can get past the GOAT on the 360 as the PS3, people have had issues on that. :P
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha379 View Post
    Silly, theres a code in the PC version that lets you use your LIVE account on it.

In other words : PC has achievements too, that add to your gamerscore. (If you don't believe me look at my profile, I'm on your friends list =P)

It keeps them in a separate little "Fallout 3" area though. So like, you can't compare your PC achievements with someone playing the 360 version, but the whole gamerscore is still the same.

I hear you can get achievement points twice if you play it on 360 and PC. What a tricky asshole I am.

I just built a new rig a couple months ago, it BETTER be able to handle Fallout 3. I used Crysis to benchmark my components.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue-Hawk View Post
    So, what are your impressions so far? Me, I never played any Fallout game before and am now wishing I had a working older pc so I can. Bethesda did something right when they bought the franchise.
    You, my friend, are in for a treat: http://www.gog.com/

I haven't used the site myself, but it's a list of DRM-free classic PC titles that are all fixed to run on XP without any trouble. Fallout, Fallout 2 & Fallout Tactics are all available on it.

As for Fallout 3:

I have nothing but rage for Bethesda, though I've only spent a small amount of time with their titles (a couple hours with Morrowind and about an hour with Oblivion), but Fallout 3 does look cool. If I can give them credit for anything, it's that whenever I see screenshots of their games, I always want to spend some time running around in their game world. My brother was looking into this, so if he gets it, I'll definitely try playing around with it a bit.

I will say that my interest was piqued by your screenshot. Your character looks awesome.

How do you get such a good view of your char? I haven't figured it out

Quote Originally Posted by SabZero View Post
    How do you get such a good view of your char? I haven't figured it out

PC version here. Go into third peson and enter the console command TFC and just move around. To remove the HUD, type in TM.

And like I said, my screen was supposed to be 1680X1050 running at ultra quality with 6X AA and 16X AF as well as HDR. :P

Oh and Outrider, I'm still SOL because I'm using Vista Home Premium 32 bit and loving it.