Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MegaTen Nocturne/ Dark Cloud 2

I have nocturne, thinking about selling it and getting DC2, thoughts?

DC2 is great, but the synthesizing is confusing. I stopped playing b/c I got stuck at this dumb part where you have to make a forest with a giant UFO-thingy. Other than that, it's a great game. Gameplay kinda reminds me of .hack//.

Wait you want to sell Nocturne and get dark cloud 2? Don't get me wrong DC2 isn't that bad of a game but Nocturne is one of those games that should never be sold. But is there anything else you could sell to get it?
    Also are you in an area with not many Gamestops or GameCrazy's? i still see DC2 in there for a very cheap price. If you could i would go that route.. just whatever you do don't trade in Nocturne you will not get your money's worth from that.
    Jenn........150 Human, Protranser
    Samus.....150 CAST, Gunmaster
    Evil Jenn..150 Newman, Fortetecher
    Kid Jenn...121 Human, Fighmaster

It's a shame you live in Iowa, because I desperately want a copy of SMT: Nocturne. Be aware that it is out of print, rare, and highly valued by collectors. I've seen it go for over $80 on eBay.

Yes as Eihwaz stated its a very rare game. Ebay that copy is your best bet if you truely need to be rid of it. I myself got very lucky 1 1/2 years ago and walked into and EB games ,before gamestop bought them out, and asked if they had a used copy. To my luck they accually had and new unopend copy of it, and i paid the regular list price for it. I could have sold on Ebay for good money, but i went straight home and opend it. In my eyes and opinion its the greatest RPG out there. Some might disagree but its one of those games your must get through to truely capture its beauty.
    Let me ask you this, did you ever beat Nocturne? or did you not like it? It is one of the harder RPG's out there you really have to work at that game.
    Jenn........150 Human, Protranser
    Samus.....150 CAST, Gunmaster
    Evil Jenn..150 Newman, Fortetecher
    Kid Jenn...121 Human, Fighmaster

Wait, Nocturne really goes for that much?!

Crap, I saw a used copy at GameStop for like $40. It's just been sitting there for over a year...

I'll get it tomorrow when I pick up Valkyria Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha379 View Post
    Wait, Nocturne really goes for that much?!

Crap, I saw a used copy at GameStop for like $40. It's just been sitting there for over a year...

I'll get it tomorrow when I pick up Valkyria Chronicles
    I like your style.

Just keep Nocturne and save up for Dark Cloud 2. DC2 doesn't cost that much used.

Ah, Nocturne. The only serious RPG I have ever witnessed. And hard as hell at that. Hmm, I need to look for that and Devil Summoner as well.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    It's a shame you live in Iowa, because I desperately want a copy of SMT: Nocturne. Be aware that it is out of print, rare, and highly valued by collectors. I've seen it go for over $80 on eBay.
    Its been on Amazon in the $40 range for quite a while after a restock.
    Quick check now and its there for $45.

Dark Cloud 2 should've been greatest hits released too and worth less but if you don't like Nocturne anyway and rather switch it in store and not deal with the reselling yourself, go ahead.

Too much breeding saving and loading to get the skills you want on your monster teammates for me, and I didn't even get that far in.

Picked up another Level 5 game, Rogue Galaxy and couldn't put that one down for quite a while, playing it instead.

AKA the Unbelievable Batmobile UnderscoreX's Avatar

Nocturne is an amazingly amazing game but aside from that fact it, like most Megaten games, is extremely rare so you really shouldn't sell it.
    My better is better than your better.