Thread: PC Problems

Default PC Problems

When I start PC up, it gives me the message "sorry for the inconvenience but windows encoutered a problem" and ect.ect.ect. It gives me the options of starting windows in Safe Mode, Safe mode with Networking, Safe mode with command prompt, Last best known configuration and start Normally. Any option I choose it starts up but after the little windows logo, the screen goes black. MY mouse pointer is visible and if it's in safe mode, it says safe mode on the corners. Thats it, just a black screen. Anyone know any solutions?
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

What exactly did you do before any of this started to happen? Install anything funky, mess with the registry, etc.?

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

I installed Ad-Aware and ran it through my system. It found a bunch of spyware and such so deleted the spyware. After that I started to download updates for windows and I left it on over night cuz I have dial-up. Woke up and it was still downloading but the updates should have only taken 2 hours. The modem messed up so I restarted my computer. The yesterday a message appeared about Win Host32 services or something said it had to close. I downloaded more update and I got the Windows Spyware or something Removal tool. After I got that update, the modem froze up again so I restarted the computer then a screen came up saying the volume is dirty and it ran through a bunch of indexes of some sort then it said Wndows has encountered a problem and was shut down.
    Last edited by str898mustang; Nov 12, 2008 at 09:58 AM.
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

did you actually have a reason to suspect your installment to be infected?
    seems like the ad-aware thingy deleted a few vital files.
    pick 'last best known stable version' and hope for the best. if all fails, re-installation seems to be your only chance.
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

Remember to run Ad-Aware again after you restore to your last known good configuration, since restoring can actually restore some of the spyware/viruses. If everything is working fine afterward, then be sure to turn back on System Restore points and reboot your computer to make a new and clean restore point.

Also, if it comes down to reinstallation, remember that you can do a Windows Repair to try to fix the problem. It basically just installs windows over your current install and replaces some critical files which may be damaged - but it won't delete your information. To do a Windows Repair, just boot the system with your XP disk in the drive. Don't accept the initial repair option, but instead choose to do an install. Windows should detect that you already have Windows installed on your C: partition and will then give you the option for a repair install or a new installation. Select the repair installation.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!