Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Movie Etiquette

Funny enough, I prefer to not watch movies with ANYONE for my first time seeing them. It takes all the flavor from the movie when someone next to you doesn't understand what just happened; and then they ask YOU what happened, while you're caught in the moment and trying to keep up with the movie yourself.

You know whats really annoying though? People who are so fucking clueless that they have to ask "Why'd they do that"/"Why'd that happen" every time something fucking happens.

"Why'd that happen?"
    "Because God told him to do it, something about a contract and a script."
    "...did you see this movie already? I don't remember anything about that. When was that??"
    *stabs self in artery afew times*
    Look, he did it again.

Feet? Next to face?
    Gross. That's one of my biggest pet peeves. Shoes are on the ground, people spit on the ground &a lot more disgusting things. :[

But there should be some kind of ettiquette. Also where was the usher the whole time this was going on?

I tend to wait for movies to come out on DVD, but when I absolutely can't wait that long, I try to go a couple weeks after it's been out.

The problem with this is that by the time the movie comes out on DVD one of my friends/the internet has already spoiled the thing for me, scene by scene.

EDIT: One of the theatres near me has lined their cinemas with Faraday caging, blocking cell phone signals. I always get a chuckle when people flip out after realizing they can't send their text messages.
    Last edited by McLaughlin; Nov 17, 2008 at 11:11 PM.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

One of the few good things about working in a theatre:

Kicking out assholes like that. Man, I miss that job. D:

Edit: Because I read the rest of the posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Typheros View Post
    Or maybe a ninja usher who beheads them at lightspeed.
    That would be me. Managers loved me.
    Last edited by TheOneHero; Nov 17, 2008 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
    I'm a good friend. ;_;
    Good friends keep duct tape at the ready at all times.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Good reason why whenever I go to the movies I go alone and I dont sit around people.

This is the nice thing about my theater, they ripped out every other row to install tables for people to eat food, so we don't have the people propping their feet up next to your head. I always found that disrespectful in the first place even if there isn't anyone there. I never have to worry about people talking or being on the Cell phone during my movies since I usually watch them alone.

Though at my theater you get to deal with the drunks and noisy eaters... I swear my GM turns the Volume up more than it needs to be turned up sometimes

I've seen a couple morons in theaters, but everyone did a pretty good job of policing the theater themselves, whether it was multiple people telling them to shut up or talk on their phone outside of the theater.

I have never expereinced something as rude as someone putting their feet up on your seat, though. That would be enough to set me off probably, especially since you weren't even the noise culprit.

I mainly hate when the people laugh way too much, or at parts that aren't funny.

I'd probably say the most disrespectful thing people can do during a movie is the do. I'm sure TheOneHero and my Manager could go into better detail on that... Its usually more lulzy when you catch them in the act, I caught I few when I worked at my other theater in projection.

The reclining chairs and retractable arm rests seem to help people with this act since its now comfortable for the said couple to cuddle and ignore the movie better