Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreek View Post
    Well, lets see, I had somebody say I acted white. I guess because I don't always carry those stereotypical black mannerisms. But hey, it's not that I'm acting like a white person, I'm just being me.
    dood... you and me both...dawg man Gmoney homeslice i'm just gonna stop here
    (ya i hate that shit)

I am stereotyped. Sucks.
    I try not to stereotype people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreek View Post
    Well, lets see, I had somebody say I acted white. I guess because I don't always carry those stereotypical black mannerisms. But hey, it's not that I'm acting like a white person, I'm just being me.
    This guy nailed it for me.

I'm white, people assume I'm rich and live the good life. Couldn't be far the opposite. Hell, we have less money than most of the "poor minorities" living around here. Sometimes it does bug me. Usually, it doesn't come up though.
    Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not.
    I'm glad that you can forgive.
    Only hoping as time goes, you can forget.

SFS/Nth Gen Interactive Rayokarna's Avatar

Im stereotyped every time I step outside my house,
    Im stereotyped every time I step on to a bus,
    Im stereotyped every time I walk into the London Underground,
    Im stereotyped every time I put my hat on,

People will think I'll rob them outside my house,
    Women think I'll mug them on London Transport,
    Parents hold there kids & bags closer when I walk past in the Underground tube thinking I'll perform violence,
    As soon as my hat goes on, I turn into a hooligan and a public menace in there eyes.

They couldn't be any further away from the truth. And speeding up as I try to cross the road don't help either(only outside London that will actually happen).

The life of a black 17 year old male living in and around London England.

Not stereotyped as far as I know. But I try to avoid talking to random people while I'm out except for a few store owners/employees I have a nice "friend of the business" or "valued customer" kind of relationship with.

I judge people on first impressions, but those are not set in stone. But I try to completely ignore things like skin color and focus more on someones attitude and the way they act.

I judge people by their footwear. I've yet to have it fail me which only further hammers in that my methodology is accurate.

Everyone judges people they meet in some form or another. Whether it is by accent, hair, clothing, or what have you. It's a defense mechanism that served our species quite well in the past and it's not going to go away any time soon. We inherently group things based on criteria because it honestly makes it easier for us, with our limited capabilities to process the information. So, to be stereotyped as I have been in the past and will be in the future doesn't bother me because I know, and readily admit, to doing the same of everyone else. That doesn't mean we can't correct each other when found in a fallacy though.

i got said a few times by now that i simply dont care enough for others to judge them in any way upon first sight.
    but then again that's just me. having been an outsider and pretty much unwanted from the very beginning of your awareness makes you tick different, i guess.
    oh, i get stereotyped a lot and i have my fun contradicting their expectations. seriously, it kind of amuses me. maybe that's why i am a bit weird. embrace being different, i guess.

ah yeah, i dont mind getting stereotyped, as soon as the others are openminded enough to revise their opinion after knowing something better.
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

I guess I can come off as shallow or high maintenance, which I admit that I sometimes make worse by playing into it for my own amusement. Same thing with people thinking I'm dumb. However, the thing that bothers me the most is how "nice" people think I am. Don't get me wrong, I am, but people don't expect me to be the type that drinks alcohol, etc. They even stop talking about stuff as soon as I get in the room. I'm a very open person, and dirty stuff doesn't bother me at all as long as the context is respectful. It's just annoying to know people are walking around egg shells around me, when... I'm no saint! Maybe that has to do with the whole "girl" thing though.
    Last edited by Kylie; Nov 18, 2008 at 07:34 PM.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

The nice guy, the dependable guy, the smart guy, the straightedge guy, the thoughtful guy, the predictable guy, the hard-working guy...

I usually end up proving people wrong on all counts.. not that I like to cause trouble or anything.

Ghetto lady thinks your froggy's name is Lou McGopher