Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Master of Mispeled Words Moo2u's Avatar

Methinks I'll get it. My DS Lite is kinda crapping out, and I won't miss he GBA slot...due to lack of GBA games.

I may look into it if the price isn't ridiculous when it comes to the UK (it will be). Mostly for the fact it sounds like I'll be able to play Sonic 2 on it

I don't use my Lite for that much lately. I almost see myself forcing it to collect/finish catching those damned pokemon on occasion, but not much. I'll pull it out again when FKL has their next gathering or whatever, but I just don't play it that much.

and 'specially with my recent interest in Valve stuff, and realizing my computer is good enough for these games. I still think the GBA has untapped potential.If they weren't being dicks and making more touch based things for the DS, they could've done a lot more with the GBA. I dunno. I still prefer the SP over everything. That, and I'm really paranoid about the bigger screen screwing up the older games' resolution.

I'll probably get one after the first price drop, solely for collection purposes. I tend to do that with portable Nintendo stuff. Seeing the Micro last 9 months on store shelves, then disappearing into oblivion ... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderscoreX View Post
    Hell no. Any future games that matter aren't going to use any of the extra gimmicks as that would eliminate a good 90% of their install base. So unless you reeeally like taking pictures of people, why bother ?
    Yeah, uh... we already know for a fact that there will be DSi specific titles, at least as far as the download games are concerned (Although, I wouldn't be shocked if they offered some sort of GBA-slot solution so that DS & DSLite users could also download the games - then again, I suppose that would require a UI update for the DS, which isn't very likely.)

I mean, do you remember the Gameboy Color at all? That had marginally better hardware and had GBC specific titles.

AKA the Unbelievable Batmobile UnderscoreX's Avatar

I, uh... said, uh... that matter for a reason, you know.

To elaborate, they're not going to release any real games that wont play on the 80+ million DSs out there. If I miss out on some downloadable brain training game I think i may still somehow survive.
    My better is better than your better.

Eventually I will, but not anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jShazBot View Post
    I'll be playing my DS again on December 25th when I download PSZ to my R4 but that's basically it really.
    From what I've heard, the DSi can't use the R4.

I might get one, but I honestly don't need one. The brighter and larger screens might be pretty cool, but my Lite is doing fine. If they make some really neat DSiware games though, I might really need to get one. If they decide to do a virtual console thing but with GB/C and GBA games, then they are getting my money.
    Blue Blue Glass Moon, Under the Crimson Air
    PSŲ (JP): ジェネヴィヴ (Lv.58 HUnewearl) :: Dahlia (Lv.26 FOmarl) :: X-MASS (Lv.06 HUcaseal)
    PSŲ (US): Potpourri (Lv.00 FOnewearl) :: Adelina (Lv.00 RAmarl) :: Brynhildr (Lv.00 RAcaseal)

Quote Originally Posted by UnderscoreX View Post
    I, uh... said, uh... that matter for a reason, you know.

To elaborate, they're not going to release any real games that wont play on the 80+ million DSs out there. If I miss out on some downloadable brain training game I think i may still somehow survive.
    Again, have you ever heard of the Gameboy Color?

The Gameboy Color started off using Gameboy games that had special color palettes when you would play them in the GBC. A year or two down the line, they started releasing games that ONLY played on the GBC.

There are going to be DSi-only cartridge games.

Nah, DSlite is fine for me. I have quite a few games, but I don't play multiplayer stuff on DS, as I'm usually traveling when I actually have time to play it. So all those extra goodies they're throwing in are kinda pointless to me. The larger screen is pretty sweet, but that's hardly worth another 100+ price point in my opinion. For what I play, DSlite is perfectly fine.

my lite's doing fine. actual secure wireless would be nice tho. maybe once mine craps out, and judging from my GB, i dont see that happening. ever.
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!