Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Kevino View Post
    I don't think there's a 'correct' thing though. Me and my friend have wondered the same thing and thought we figured it out once... I believe it was when you got the max possible stats but I could be wrong and probably am. I'd have to look into it again.
    Highest possible stats? You mean %s? If so, I find that kinda, shaky, but could be. It seems as though with each new post, we find out new possibilities as to what it's there for. My guess still stands with rareer-than-usual items, since it seems that for me, it only does it then.

EDIT: My guess is now leaning more towards a correct guess
    Last edited by psofan219; Dec 22, 2008 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Changed guess

As I said earlier in this thread, I looked into it and it seems the chime happens when you've untekked an equippable weapon to your character.

When I was using my RAmar, I untekked a Rifle and the chimed was heard, but as I untekked a club, nothing happened. I also did it to a wand, sword, rod, and even a special cane, a Club of Laconium. Yet still, nothing happened. As I untekked handguns, sabers, mechguns, the chimed was heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanzazikon View Post
    As I said earlier in this thread, I looked into it and it seems the chime happens when you've untekked an equippable weapon to your character.

When I was using my RAmar, I untekked a Rifle and the chimed was heard, but as I untekked a club, nothing happened. I also did it to a wand, sword, rod, and even a special cane, a Club of Laconium. Yet still, nothing happened. As I untekked handguns, sabers, mechguns, the chimed was heard.
    I've heard the chime with a HUcast once when I tekked a Force weapon (can't remember which one it was though. I think it was the Brave Hammer). Anyways, it's a good theory. Maybe it happens that way the most? Anyways, sorry to say this, but I shot down that theory, about it only happening when you tek an equippable item. Good one none-the-less. I forgot to mention, every thrity or so posts, will the next person please recap what we've found out about this so far? This way, we won't have anything re-posted that's already been posted, and we can reach a conclusion faster. Thanks.
    Last edited by psofan219; Dec 18, 2008 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention

I've also taken an interest in the "Tekker Chime." I had a theory that the chime occurs when you get the lowest possible percents on a weapon. It does sound like a pretty disappointed sound. I like the 'equippable items' theory. It definitely does not happen when you get max possible percents. I only ever hear the chime when I tek salables. If I'm tekking something to keep, I make sure to get max numbers and I don't hear the chime. Maybe I'll contribube some research as well.

Thank you Nisoth. As for the 'equippable items' theory stated by Van, I found out that that is not what the chime is for. I have kept track of weapons that I've untekked with my RAcast, out of four items so far (I just started my RAcast not that long ago), I got a Heat Cane +5, no percents, with the chime heard. I'm a Pinkal, by the way. Thanks for all theorys though, I greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by psofan219; Dec 22, 2008 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Changed information

I want to keep this forum active for as long as possible, so please excuse the double post. Anyways, concerning the current topic here, I have found four unknown weapons which are as follows:
    Heat Saber (no grinds) (20% A.Beast), and no chime was heard
    Heat Dagger (no grinds) (25% A. Beats), and no chime was heard
    Heat Cane +5 (no percents), and a chime was heard
    Heart Wand +2 (no percents), and no chime was heard

I know that this list is just short right know, but I'm posting it to knock out one theory: Equippable Items. Meaning, you CAN hear the chime on weapons that your character cannot equip.

Hmmm, interesting. I have many rares that I found and left most of them untekked, since I equipped them before tekking, I knew what they were. I could try and see what I hear later.

That'll be a HUGE help in busting some theories we have already, maybe even creating a new one. Thanks you, Ranmaru.

Sure, if there is something exact you'd like me to do, let me know. :3 (they are all sitting in the storage, haha)

Whiskey/Newearl Addict Lance813's Avatar

I was thinking about this a few days ago...

I have no clue, I'll ask around.

Furou-uen | Rhysa | Aeryssa | Lance