Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A Wanderer, nothing more. askonse's Avatar

Default PSO World Email? (Scam/phishing beware)

i just recieved this email from pso world containing this message;

"From : zaina ishaaq

Notelease reply to my private e-mail box below: ([email protected] )

Urgent / Assistance

Hello Dear,

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you. I know this mail may come to you as a surprise, since we have not known or written before.

Afer you receive this mail kindly contact me on my private e.mail contact below. introducing myself, I am Zaina Ishaaq, the Only Daughter of the late Mr and Mrs ismail ishaaq, my father was a gold and cocoa mercahnt based in accra, ghana and Abidjan (Ivory Coast), he was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their business trips. before the death of my late father in a private hospital here in Abidjan.

He secretly called me on his bedside and told me that he has a sum of usd $6.5M ( Six Million Five Hundred Thousand U.s ), deposited in a suspence account in one of the prime bank here in Abidjan Ivory Coast, that he used my name as his only daughter for the next of kin in depositing of the fund.

1) To assist me in retriving this money from the bank.

2) To serve as the guardian of this fund.

3) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my education and to secure a residential permit in your country moreover.

I am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as compensation for your effort/input after the successful transfer of this fund to your nominated account overseas.

E-mail address above ([email protected]) Anticipating to hear from you soon.

Awaiting your reply immediate and God bless.

Regards,

Zaina Ishaaq.

Please reply to my private email box below: ( [email protected])

Anyone know of this person or why they are using the pso world email. Id like to know who i s trying to scam me and is using my favorite websites address to do it. even if im not allowed the info i would certainly like the admins to know and then they can deal with it.

thanks

Never seen that person on PSOW.

It's a variation on the Nigerian scam. As for why it would be using a PSO-World based e-mail address, I would guess it to be because the spammer got your address off of PSO-World. Keep in mind that you need a password and valid address to receive e-mail, but not to send it. Therefore, if I wanted to, I could send you e-mail from [email protected] without ever getting into Mr. Gate's account. Point is: no one who is affiliated with PSO-World sent you that e-mail. It's just good, old-fashioned spam.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Midicronica View Post
    Weird. This is most likely going to get locked so...

inb4lock
    Thank you for your fantastic contribution to the thread.

Yes, a perfectly legitimate thread is about to get locked. Hold onto your hats, this is a big deal!

I was expecting this to be a parody of the Nigerian scam. You know, with "I'm the son of one of the Rogue bosses on Moatoob, and I can't get out of the country" or something. But it's not, and so this is just sad, lol.

Character ID: 中原小麦

Looks legit to me, go for it.
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

BUH SHE IZ TELLIN TEH TWUF RIT? lolz. She could ahve atleast tried to make her story vaguely convincing? XD

Kitty the Tigergirl Aisha_Clan-Clan's Avatar

I got this one quite some time ago. It was all caps. This was baddly done.

MY DEAR ,

I AM THE MANAGER OF BILL AND EXCHANGE AT THE FOREIGN REMITTANCE DEPARTMENT OF THE AFRICAN BANK. I SAW YOUR CONTACTS IN INTERNET SEARCH,AFTER MUCH CONSIDERATION I DECIDED TO WRITE YOU SINCE I CANNOT BE ABLE TO SEE YOU FACE TO FACE AT FIRST. I WILL LIKE YOU TO TAKE YOUR TIME TO READ THIS MAIL
    CAREFULLY.

I DID NOT MEAN TO EMBARRASSE YOU WITH MY BUSINESS PROPOSAL BUT I SERIOUSLY NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE. PLEASE THIS IS A CONFIDENTIAL MATTER AND IT REQUIRES URGENCY. IN MY DEPARTMENT WE DISCOVERED AN ABANDONED SUM OF U.S$12.5M DOLLARS (TWELVEMILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND USD) IN AN ACCOUNT THAT BELONGS TO ONE OF OUR FOREIGN CUSTOMER WHO DIED ALONG WITH HIS ENTIRE FAMILY ON MONDAY,31 JULY,2000, IN A PLANE CRASH , SINCE WE GOT INFORMATION ABOUT HIS DEATH, WE

HAVE BEEN EXPECTING HIS OR HER NEXT OF KIN TO COME OVER AND CLAIM HIS MONEY BECAUSE WE CAN NOT RELEASE IT UNLESS SOME BODY APPLIES FOR IT AS NEXT OF KIN OR RELATION TO THE DECEASED AS INDICATED IN OUR BANKING GUIDLINES AND LAWS, BUT UNFORTUNATELY WE LEARNT THAT HIS SUPPOSED NEXT OF KIN DIED ALONG SIDE WITH HIM AT THE PLANE CRASH LEAVING NOBODY BEHIND FOR THE CLAIM. IT IS THEREFORE UPON THIS DISCOVERY, I NOW DECIDED TO MAKE THIS BUSINESS PROPOSAL TO YOU AND RELEASE THE MONEY TO YOU AS THE NEXT OF KIN OR RELATION TO THE DECEASED FOR SAFETY AND SUBSEQUENT DISBURSEMENT SINCE NOBODY IS COMING FOR IT AND I DON'T WANT THIS MONEY TO GO INTO THE BANK TREASURY AS UNCLAIMED BILL.

THE BANKING LAW AND GUIDINE HERE STIPULATES THAT IF SUCH MONEY REMAINED UNCLAIMED AFTER SEVEN YEARS, THE MONEY WILL BE TRANFERED INTO THE BANK AS UNCLAIMED BILL I THEREFORE AGREE THAT 40% OF THIS MONEY WILL BE FOR YOU AS FOREIGNER PARTNER, IN RESPECT TO THE PROVISION OF A FOREIGN ACCOUNT, 10% WILL BE SET ASIDE FOR EXPENSES INCURED DURING THE BUSINESS AND 50% WOULD BE FOR ME.THERE AFTER I WILL VISIT YOUR COUNTRY FOR DISBURSEMENT ACCORDING TO THE PERCENTAGES INDICATED.

THEREFORE, TO ENABLE THE IMMEDIATE TRANSFER OF THIS FUND TO YOU AS ARRANGED, YOU MUST APPLY FIRST TO THE BANK AS RELATION OR NEXT OF KIN TO THE DECEASED INDICATING YOUR BANK NAME, YOUR BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER, YOUR PRIVATE TELEPHONE
    AND FAX NUMBER FOR EASY AND EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION AND LOCATION WHERE IN THE MONEY WILL BE REMITTED.

I WILL NOT FAIL TO BRING TO YOUR NOTICE THAT THIS TRANSACTION IS HITCH-FREE
    AND THAT YOU SHOULD NOT ENTERTAIN ANY ATOM OF FEAR AS ALL REQUIRED ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE FOR THE TRANSFER. YOU SHOULD CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY AS SOON AS YOU RECIEVE THIS LETTER. TRUSTING TO HEAR FROM YOU IMMEDIATELY.

PLEASE THIS IS MY CONTACT PHONE NUMBER 00226 76371214.

YOURS FAITHFULLY
    MRS VIVIA ZONGO
    =~.^=

I have yet to get anything like that from psow but I have got plenty saying they know of me from a friend and want to give me 1 mil from their swiss bank account and all i need to do was give them my swiss bank account.

I wish i had a swiss bank account.

It is just someone impersonating a PSO-World.com email address. There isn't much we can do to stop it.