Battle Fiend

WEll is it? Since the x version coming late this month and I'm getting the cash for it friday.
    Gamertag: NoobBlenjar

With Challenge modes 1-9 available on Friday? HELL yes. That's what I've been waiting for since October, myself.

Maybe I'm not very bright (take away maybe to make it a true statement,) but what is challenge precisely? I never really looked into it, and never thought much about it. But every 3rd post seems to be ready to give up their firstborns to play challenge mode. All I know about it is it gives you the Ra-Zan something titles, and that it has something to do with S-Rank weapons (I think.)

The guy who won't play with cheaters. Period.

If you are getting the Xbox version, I think it would be a waste of money, you'll only use a few weeks of the license, unless you have many friends on cube who arn't going to the box, then go for it!

On 2003-02-06 00:07, Bloodberry wrote:
    Maybe I'm not very bright (take away maybe to make it a true statement,) but what is challenge precisely? I never really looked into it, and never thought much about it. But every 3rd post seems to be ready to give up their firstborns to play challenge mode. All I know about it is it gives you the Ra-Zan something titles, and that it has something to do with S-Rank weapons (I think.)
    It's the most fun I'll ever have on PSO, that's what.

What exactly is it though? Basically... There are 9 sets of challenges, which are commonly referred to as C1, C5, etc, all the way up to C9.

You can play a C mode game with 2-4 people, but I recommend ALWAYS using 4 people for the best possible experience as well as lowest times, etc. Getting ahead of myself here...

When you start the Challenge, every character starts out in a specific area of the map, at a set level. For example, every character begins at Lv1 on C1, or Lv3 or so on C2, and so on... Levels vary depending on class, however.

As SOON as the challenge begins, the timer starts ticking, and the fun begins. The main point of C mode is to clear each map as fast as humanly possible. Every normal PSO rule still exists, such as leveling, spells and items etc... with a few exceptions. You cannot go back to town whatsoever, and when a character dies without a doll in hand... game over. Gotta start that Challenge over again.
    Also, materials increase the stat by TEN instead of 2. They make a MASSIVE difference, especially in the earlier challenges.

If you manage to complete all 9 challenges with a total combined time of less than 7 hours, you're awarded with an S-Rank weapon, which is arguably the best weapon in the entire game.
    For one, they grind up to +99. Second, you get to choose from a list of pretty much EVERY weapon type imaginable, from sabers to daggers to double sabers to scythes, and they're all INSANELY powerful. Last, their special attack inflicts a random status effect on monsters, ranging from resta (ow), paralysis, freeze, confusion, shifta, deband (VERY high level = OH SHIT), jellen, zalure (VERY high level = totally gimped), instant death... probably a few others I can't remember.
    Anyway, the S-rank weapons are really the main reason I play C mode, but it's TRULY the most fun I've ever had in an online game, and that's saying a whole lot. I wish I could describe the feeling of a skilled team kicking ass room after room without taking a hit, skillfully and swiftly moving along, all the while hitting switches and puzzles without a pause... It takes tons of practice, but this is where all your PSO skill will really come into play.

As long as you think you have the skills, you really owe it to yourself to try it out. Don't get discouraged if you fail or make some stupid mistakes at first, either... we've all done that before.
    The best thing you could possibly do is... well, two things, really.

a.) Study the guides here at PSOW. Print them out if you can, although I haven't had very good luck getting them to print correctly (probably my junky printer though). If you know the route and have enough skill to survive the challenge, you're 3/4ths of the way there.

b.) Study other C mode players, mainly the skilled ones, obviously. Note how they place items in doorways, and shout out numbers which represent the number of mates they're carrying. Things like this are INCREDIBLY vital.

And umm... uhh... I've now taken this thread COMPLETELY off topic. Sorry!
    But that, in a uh, nutshell, is C-mode.
    And that is why I don't recommend canceling any HL's at this point and time.