Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was doing a little rare trading one day and someone mentioned that Double Photon Claws exist. I have never heard mention of them ever as I am sure if they actually existed that would be on this site by now. The guy I was talking too said that they had them on the japanese servers. Is sounds like B.S. to me but is it possible to introduce a new rare item into the game if that item doesn't exist on the disk? Just wondering because double photon claws would look too sweet.

I dont think its possible to "add" new items. The GDrom is read only. But god only knows what they have locked away on it =)

No, I believe they can add new items into the servers. Remember when they added the heart balloons during valentines day? I've played other online games that items were added and sega can probably add items into psos servers as well.

well thats the thing.... you couldnt take those hearts with you though. They werent there when you signed off. So the were just put onto the servers... what happens when you wanna take the new weapon and play offline?

PSO Assassin
    Currently behind AM-PM. I was born and raised in the african jungles by the wild coyotes.

When you get an item it saves it onto your VMU when you log off. So I think you could get an item online and then save it when you disconnect so you can use it still on offline. Not sure if this is true or not. And I think in EQ they add items all the time.

Yeah, I used to play this little online pc game called Nexus and they added Santa Suits and Hats during Christmas time.

They could make a new weapon, but you'd have to download it, similar to the new quests. BTW, what's the Unreal logo doing here?

josh, you played nexus? who were you?

on the topic though: its likely that the hearts were on the gdrom and the date provided by the servers makes them appear when loading the map. We may see giant easter eggs in the same location in a month or so.

While it's possible to introduce new weapons/events a la VMU downloads, I believe the Valentine's Day events and so forth were hardcoded into the game itself. I just read a magazine (Expert Gamer?) which had PSO featured on the cover. Three special events were Christmas, New Years, and Valentine's Day. It had the "21" pic for new years.

The hearts and other items are stored sever side. AS are the items you find hince when you get lag or the server is crashing you cant pick up items put the monster are loaded from the gdrom which is whay the are still there and you can still kill them when the server is crashing. It should be very possible to add items the item itself holds its description and stats( thats how they can be duped) but it would have to be used like one of the other items. They could not make your char swing the weapon anyway other than the ones the game has programed.