Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question New Protanser Needs Help

So I first posted this on the general page, but I think that was the wrong place to post. So I am copy/pasting it here. This is not spam, and if it is I am sorry.

Hello, first time poster here.

So I just finally got my force to level 5 after leveling Fortefighter for a bit. I'm currently level 45 and a beast ( the race ) and I turned Protanser because it seemed like I would have decent melee capabilities with traps and my favorite shotguns and bows. Well my stats took a crazy drop when I became a Protranser and I couldn't use over half of the gear I gathered. My friend says this will improve around class level 10 or so, and traps are great fun. Now I do want to be a primarily melee with traps but I plan to use everything or just about, I am worried about this stat drop this being my first character and just been playing a little over a week and a half or so.

tl;dr version
    Just became a Beast Protanser, want advice, tips etc.
    Also 360 server.

- Jake

A Beast Protranser? Ehh... That might not work out in your favor just because the Protranser class has (I think) the worst ATA in the game, along with Beasts. You might hit a lot of Zeros. Invest in a Cati / Hit. Or Solid / Knight. (For later)

Anyways, yeah my alternate character (Cast) plays a protranser and it is good fun. Traps are essential, and the melee is good. Just level the class and your ATP will be enough to satisfy you.
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

Yeah the stats suck on protranser until you level up your class. Like your friend said, you'll have decent stats at PT 10 and at 20 you'll have fairly good stats. PTs are noticeably weaker than FFs with axes, for example, but that's the price you pay for the versatility of the class. As annoying as PTs that literally do nothing but use EX traps are, that's not a horrible plan until you get your class to 5 or so because it's painful watching how little damage you do at first.

It's been a little while since I've been PT, but I think my palette had an axe, a spear, a bow, a shotgun, a laser, and...something else (can't remember). I'm sure more experienced PTs will help you out with some better advice.

Oh and you have the same name as a former GM who left a month or so ago. Random observations ftw.
    (360) If you have a Love Inferno that you're thinking of selling, PM me pleeeeeease.

Ouch, Beast Protranser no good? That really hurts lol because I don't have the time to start over and I have to catch up with my friends asap, so that really sucks.

One other concern of mine is money, I lost 4mil given to me before the roll back, now I'm just over one mil, also given to me, and everyone says PT are expensive, any advice there? And I hear there are traps I can only get if I synth them, where can I get those boards?
    Last edited by Larson; Dec 11, 2008 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turb0 View Post
    Oh and you have the same name as a former GM who left a month or so ago. Random observations ftw.
    Last names FTW lol

So you say I should trap spam until my class levels? Thats fine with me, allows me to learn better

I've been beast PT, it's alright once you level your character and the class. Yeah you hit a fair share of zeros but it's not too bad. Like Blade said, getting an arm slot w/ some accuracy would probably be a good idea if the zeros start getting to you.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Larson View Post
    So you say I should trap spam until my class levels? Thats fine with me, allows me to learn better
    Well...if you want. The traps are what makes PT so expensive: If you use all 30 EX traps every mission, that's 18k you'll have to spend restocking. That's kind of what I did, but don't get in a habit of using nothing but traps. You'll actually do decent damage with weapons once you level up.
    Last edited by Turb0; Dec 11, 2008 at 01:02 AM.
    (360) If you have a Love Inferno that you're thinking of selling, PM me pleeeeeease.

Yeah at the moment I'm using Mega/Knight which I believe is the best I can use at the moment. I'll tell my friends to keep an open as well lol, what about other suggestions for slots?

use traps...LOTS of it. and lots of meseta for traps.

Quote Originally Posted by ashley50 View Post
    use traps...LOTS of it. and lots of meseta for traps.
    I am lacking monies

Quote Originally Posted by Larson View Post
    I am lacking monies
    Don't worry, as long as you have something that will boost your accuracy, your fine. And Beast are the hardest hitting race. So you'll do good damage. Just not as much as a Fortefighter. Which is still good. Or you can get a PP Skill Save, which is nice for using striking weapons.

Use Axes, Spears, Shotguns, and Bows OR Laser Cannons, and Of course traps. And no, there are no "special traps" that can only be synthesized. They are called EX Traps. They can be bought at any NPC. Also, don't worry about money. As you level you will be picking up enough money per mission to buy your traps again, without loosing money.

Short Answer: Don't worry, you'll be fine. Getting better will just take time.
    Last edited by xBladeM6x; Dec 11, 2008 at 01:19 AM.
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x