Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

There are hacked items that can be renamed somehow.
    Like for example I once got by trading with this guy god/technique.. but when I dropped it it turned into priest/mind.
    Meaning there is some way people can rename items or hack em whatever it is it's not good and corrupting PSO even more then gameshark..
    Or maybe It's just a glitch with god/technique who know.
    I'm not assuming anything but.. bleh.

Monkeys are really Chimps in disguise.

It's not a hack. Some crappy items like priest/mind or knight/power are actually God/___. You have to equip it to see its true identiy

Well, the question is, is it an intentional 'cloaking' (i.e., are they actually 'hidden' there by the programmers) or is it just a glitch, in that due to some freak of coding, some G/T accidentally appear as priest/minds under certain circumstances?

I've only seen this problem with the god/technique. Whether it's due to a hack of the "original" god/technique, which was then duped, or a bug in all god/techniques, I don't know. But the god/technique is the only time I've seen that behaviour.

From a relyable source it is a glitch. A Friend killed the rare lily in the caves and it droped a preist mind, he equipped it and it was a god/tech.

And porcelain, cut that sig down to 150hx600w 30k please. Tanke
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

Veteran Fighter

The JP PSO site has news acknowledging hacked VMU items. There's also some people that say they have god/tech's that aren't "masked" so I'm wondering if anyone's actually gotten a masked one from a box/monster, and not just a trade. Otherwise these masked one have pro'ly just been duped a lot.

they are hacked. I have 2 devil/techniques and a god/technique. Two of the three (one devil and the god) appear to people as a priest/mind when I drop it, while another devil/technique that I found does not. Items do not mask themselves, it's just the item not matching the checksum and reverting back to it original, unhacked form. There's a trick involving your bank so that you can drop one of these hacked items and make it appear as the real thing, but I won't go into detail on it.

you guys are making me wanna pick up every damn priest mind i come across and equip it.

There's no point vanse, seriously, they are hacked, and not concealed. I found my real devil/technique, and it showed up as just that, not some priest mind. Also, if you have someone with one of these items drop it and you see priest/mind, pick it up, when you equip it it will stay a priest mind, not change to devil/tech or god/tech.

I've only seen this with the god/tecknic's
    some ppl try to trade them and ive heard storys where the trades never go threw cause its always a priest/mind when they drop them