Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I challenge you to challenge yourselves

As we all know PSO and PSU are dominated by Japanese and the U.S and Canada among other countries are second on thier lists behind Japan of course. My challenge to you is to better yourselves, learn the Japanese language, you can get the Japanese games 6 months to 1 year ahead of the english version so why wait? I am working towards learning the language myself and I can already read some of the Japanese Phantasy Star Portable and will be getting the Phantasy Star Zero soon. I think 98% of the people reading this are too lazy and will never even attempt this. So I consider them to have lost even before they have begun.

I challenge you to buy both games when they're released in America. I've been playing PSP since it came out and I'll be ditching it the day it comes out here in March to start all the way over. I hope more people also buy the US version so that we can continue to show we have a market and get better support.
    Last edited by Dragwind; Dec 29, 2008 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Removed trolling portion
    Turbosig.

Quote Originally Posted by Syanaide View Post
    This topic is just disgusting.

I challenge you to buy both games when they're released in America. I've been playing PSP since it came out and I'll be ditching it the day it comes out here in March to start all the way over. I hope more people also buy the US version so that we can continue to show we have a market and get better support.
    this. :O
    Last edited by Dragwind; Dec 29, 2008 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syanaide View Post
    This topic is just disgusting.

Yesh, i defintively support this game whenever it comes in EU or USA.
    English/American, i´m fine with either.
    it´s not like my native Swedish language ever comes anyway in a good game.

Sad face. =/
    Last edited by Dragwind; Dec 29, 2008 at 10:18 AM.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I'd rather not use up my time to learn something I don't really want to learn. It's not a matter of being lazy, it's a matter of preference. I have no problem waiting for the local release. I'd rather support worldwide releases than submitting to learning another language just to play a game.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind View Post
    I'd rather not use up my time to learn something I don't really want to learn. It's not a matter of being lazy, it's a matter of preference. I have no problem waiting for the local release. I'd rather support worldwide releases than submitting to learning another language just to play a game.
    This.

If you have other interests that learning Japanese could help with, and the time and desire to do it, then by all means go ahead.

Thats like saying "You're such a big fan of Kung Fu movies, so go learn Chinese instead of watching the dubbs"...when the movies are practically the same regardless, even if the release dates are a bit behind.

Not that I am standing up for Sega or their horrible handling of things, but I don't think joining the Japanese servers (whether you can speak Japanese or not) is the "fix all" most people think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jepp027 View Post
    As we all know PSO and PSU are dominated by Japanese and the U.S and Canada among other countries are second on thier lists behind Japan of course. My challenge to you is to better yourselves, learn the Japanese language, you can get the Japanese games 6 months to 1 year ahead of the english version so why wait? I am working towards learning the language myself and I can already read some of the Japanese Phantasy Star Portable and will be getting the Phantasy Star Zero soon. I think 98% of the people reading this are too lazy and will never even attempt this. So I consider them to have lost even before they have begun.
    If i ever become this addicted to a game that i learn a whole new language for it, just shoot me please!! And if in your closing line, if your meaning lost their social lives in doing this, then you would be correct, this is the equivelent of learning chinese so you can understand their takeout menu....

EDIT: Nice second paragraph Aisha, i didnt even read your post till now and see we have the same perspective on the learning chinese thing lol GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!!
    Last edited by afterthoughtz; Dec 29, 2008 at 01:26 PM.
    Play PSU and have Myspace? Add www.myspace.com/aaricane

I have no aversion to learning a new language. I encourage everyone to learn at least one extra language. However, I can't see doing so for the sake of videogames. If you're going to learn a new language, use it to better your understanding of a culture you enjoy. Visit the country, sample the cuisine, maybe get a job there and immerse yourself for awhile. Grow as a human being for christ's sake.

Don't learn a new language for the sake of videogames though. That's just.... stoopid.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind View Post
    This applies to me as well. Most of the games I really care about have simultaneous releases anyway, and imported games typically cost more. I'd rather wait it out if a game I want is released over there earlier. Patience is a virtue.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02