Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I woke up and found myself in this place. SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

I don't understand how to connect to an irc channel using Trillian Basic. Can anyone help?

trillian > manage connections

go to plugins and make sure irc is ticked
    go to identities and connections
    add new connection, select irc
    fill in info then click connect
    click close
    click on the white circle, then go to the irc channel you added and then go to join a channel and put in ps0

I have mIRC installed, but...I have NO idea how to use it, I've never used this kind of thing before, heh...anyone care to help me out here?

Been a while since I used miRC. But this guide should help -

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/arch...ad_buddies.cfm

For the channel use irc.efnet.org instead of irc.stormchat.org and instead of #afterdawn use #ps0

ignore the guide after that. Let me know if you need more help.

Alright, thanks, I've got it now, was a lil slow on understanding it, but I got it. Thanks tons.

Also. I just want to clarify a bit of info if you plan to use Colloquy on the Mac. One issue with us picking efnet.org is that it has some stricter codes for what irc clients are allowed to connect. Most notably identd. If you haven't before and you use the Colloquy solution, you'll hear about it now.

If you are using Colloquy you'll need to get and install the identd server from here:

http://tc.versiontracker.com/product...entD_2.5.1.dmg

The disk image will open up and you install that. Once you do, you can go to your system preferences and now see identd as a program in your Other category. Launch that, click the lock icon in the lower left corner and enter your Mac login password. Then simply click the button to activate the server. That's it. Once you do, Colloquy will properly be able to send the identd information for the efnet.org server to allow you in, otherwise it'll kick you out thinking you're bot. (This was tested on Leopard and with intel macs. So those with newer machines should run this easy.)

Otherwise, the Firefox browser method may also work. Using chatzilla, which you can find using google.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Jan 3, 2009 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Also. I just want to clarify a bit of info if you plan to use Colloquy on the Mac. One issue with us picking efnet.org is that it has some stricter codes for what irc clients are allowed to connect. Most notably identd. If you haven't before and you use the Colloquy solution, you'll hear about it now.

If you are using Colloquy you'll need to get and install the identd server from here:

http://tc.versiontracker.com/product...entD_2.5.1.dmg

The disk image will open up and you install that. Once you do, you can go to your system preferences and now see identd as a program in your Other category. Launch that, click the lock icon in the lower left corner and enter your Mac login password. Then simply click the button to activate the server. That's it. Once you do, Colloquy will properly be able to send the identd information for the efnet.org server to allow you in, otherwise it'll kick you out thinking you're bot. (This was tested on Leopard and with intel macs. So those with newer machines should run this easy.)

Otherwise, the Firefox browser method may also work. Using chatzilla, which you can find using google.
    I use both Colloquy and Chatzilla on my Mac. Have had no problems with either. Both support commands and everything seems perfect.

I did not install the identd program and have had no problems connecting to efnet.org. So millage may vary.

I definitely had problems. I was able to connect once or twice, after that, the server would never let me on again, until I did the identd thing. So some people may be lucky, at least for a while. However, if it starts to give you static, you'll know what to get.

Hi all. I have dowloaded the Trillian, and installed it. What do I do now?

Hmm, I think I got it now, will try some more.
    Last edited by Frokko; Jan 7, 2009 at 09:21 AM.
    PSzero: (Hucast) Deece
    F/C: 3609 5581 9936

Quote Originally Posted by Ultie View Post
    trillian > manage connections

go to plugins and make sure irc is ticked
    go to identities and connections
    add new connection, select irc
    fill in info then click connect
    click close
    click on the white circle, then go to the irc channel you added and then go to join a channel and put in ps0
    Let me know if this helps you get connected via Trillian.