Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Exclamation Videogame Series you want More of!

ya, this deserves it's own topic focused on this, since in the other topic, it would get lost in the
    list of game series people are sick of.

but some games series I would like to see more of is:

Fatal Frame: TONS of potential in atmosphere and coolness.
    Imagine a Fatal Frame Online (without voice chat, but a large and customizable supply of pre-voiced things! and the area format would be similiar to Friday the 13th for NES and tidbit of the original Siren, with 6 Japanese kids/players trying to survive, but it's much harder than they imagine! because unlike Outbreak, a kid wouldn't be alerted how close they are to becoming a ghost,
    and that fact would keep players on their toes and who to trust, becauses their closest
    ally might be their closest enemy then next minute!!!!! and the cpu would take over in case
    the ghost player tries to be a friendly ghost! lol Squeeeeeee! xD (its also better that way
    because in Outbreak, some zombie players were insecure about attacking their former allies
    because then they would get mad at them, so if the cpu controls their zombie, they can't be
    blamed, and the fear element would still be there. besides as a zombie, the person isn't
    supposed to still be in control. )

This is the only survival horror series left that is truly scary
    . I really don't count Silent Hill much, cause
    those enemies can be killed, whereas with ghosts, the only way is with that camera.
    but anyways, yes so much potential, it's too bad Nintendo selfishly bought the rights to
    FF4, thus hurting it's controls and fear potential. but overall, Fatal Frame still has so much to
    offer!

Left4Dead: to me this is game of 2008 and potentially the direction I would like to see
    this flavor of FPS to continue growing in the game industry. teamwork and survival and
    surprising replay value never meant more than when Left 4 Dead showed us how much
    more fun it is to work as a team, and how much more aggressive, numerous and scary zombies can be, even with infinite ammo pistols. yes this game's weak point is the Versus mode,
    but everyone who "gets" this genre understands that the online co-op is its best form.
    but yes this game has a lot of potential to grow, so Valve better keep adding more maps
    and maps, and new characters, and maps, and maps, and a new boss infected, and maps
    and maps, and zombie vultures, and maps........

RE: although the story is wrapping some things up, RE has that flavor of survival horror that
    still works these days, even though some don't agree with RE4's style, it actually helped
    the series evolve into a more intense experience, especially with no preset camera angles
    showing what's around the corner so easily. maybe an Outbreak 3 in the future?
    that would be great. but I would gues L4D is the spiritual successor of Outbreak, even
    though the pacing and progression is different.

FF: of course, Fianl Fantasy can't be treated as a series really, in the sense of sequels,
    even though each somewhat borrows some elements as tradition, each one is like its
    own universe. so yes, FF's should continue as long as they can make the next one cool
    in its own way and stuff. and so far, they are still succeeding.

Megaman Legends 3: yes, this series should at least have one more game for the next-gen,
    since it left fans with a cliffhanger, and personally, I found the MML games more fun than
    the classic style games. maybe make Roll unlockable too, it's a shame she's only playable
    in fighting games. there's still much potential to gtet out of this flavor! oh yeah and keep the
    kawaii in-game cutscenes with the animated facial expressions and stuff! not the SUPER CHEAP
    low budget still image conversations nonsense from the Misadventures of Tron Bonne. bring
    the life back into these characters! that was part of the charm.

King of Fighters: yes, it sounds like KOFXII will be a dream match since because they have
    moved to totally fresh sprites, they can't add enough characters for a proper finale to the
    Ash Crimson saga. but the KOF series has always been epic and meaningful beyond just
    dreammatches, with its own story arcs and most meaningful characters in the fighting game
    universe. ya, lately some endings are a joke, but overall, KOF series delivers each
    tournament with more brilliance and always new locations, and still solid gameplay.
    while I would like the industry to move into more realistic/sports-like fighting systems (like Karate Champ, not MMA. ) instead of Street Fighter-inspired systems, KOF is the kinda exception that's meant to continue.

Siren: I really hate the remake cause they sold out to the survival horror tradition of
    having caucasian protagonists. I liked Siren cause like Fatal Frame, it involved asian characters
    and asian locations, which is a massive rarity in high quality games in the genre. but unlike
    Fatal Frame, Siren has the most realistic looking asians in gaming history, instead of anime-inspired, which made the first 2 games even more special! I dunno what's in store for
    Siren's future, but, while I would say its weak point was having it's enemies use guns (especially
    those snipers), I felt they could have maintained a strong difficulty without relying on guns.
    it's like, in a genre like this, enemies that use guns just makes it feel like struggle against
    mentally disturbed people instead of monsters. but that's my opinion. the other thing is
    that, Siren shouldn't be so strongly connected to a specific character, and make them a "hero"
    of sorts. there shouldn't be a "hero" in this genre, but there has yet to be a suvival horror
    game that truly grasps that concept.

If Siren was more flexible in allowing any of the 10 characters
    to play as from the start, as well as make the results more open ended so anyone can survive,
    and anyone can end up turning into shibito, it would of been a unpredictable, understandable
    and and more replayable game. but the basic order they unlocked each time slot for each character, just confused some players, and broken up each characters' progression, switching
    back and forth between the characters, trying to keep track of which day and what time this
    current "mission" took place, etc. just cluttered up the experience. I mean, another thing
    was the sightjack, and that was its unique feature, but also its poison in how avoiding
    shibito was handled. but at the sametime, I can argue that sightjacking is a part of the whole
    point of Siren's gameplay. but I dunno. it may be a long while before some company develops
    a true survival horror game. Outbreak File 2 came close, but there are bits and pieces that
    can be learned from L4D, Fatal Frame, F13th (nes), and Siren that could result in the perfect survival horror experience.

more Star Fox that's finally 4 player co-op and always all-range mode! and bring back
    optional cockpit view! (on console)

OH YA AND more MMORPGS! we need the next generations of mmorpgs so that one of them can
    eventually deliver a persisten world experience that makes people really feel rewarded and
    meaningful and really affect their world and not be held down by overgrinding or required gear or
    the other traditional flaws mmorpgs still borrow from each other. there is still plenty of room to
    show how fun, meaningful and rewarding mmorpgs can really be!
    Last edited by Saner; Jan 2, 2009 at 02:17 PM.

Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

We need more games that somehow manage to incorporate the sound of cowbell into the soundtrack.

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneHero View Post
    Golden Sun.
    Seconded.

Also, I still think the Jet Set Radio series needs at least one more game.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpawn View Post
    We need more games that somehow manage to incorporate the sound of cowbell into the soundtrack.
    So more like Rock Band (use the mike to do cowbell or tambourine, etc)?

I'd like to see more Lunar and something like Saga Frontier. My brother said Legend of Dragoon, Threads of Fate, and Portal.
    Ace Combat series is awesome, but I'm unsure of how long they can continue using the same planet (how many anti-asteroid 'tools' "hey these can be used as superweapons against our neighbors" can a single planet make?), they might want to move on to another one soon.

Vandal Hearts was my favorite strategy
    game way back on the playstation 1.
    I'd love to see them making Vandal Hearts 3.

Vandal Hearts theme
    Last edited by Xefi; Jan 2, 2009 at 01:57 AM.

++++++----------"." Xe's Sanctuary 09/28/2016----------- Youtube's profile "."----------++++++
    wallies edited: 4500_|_G.O.L.D.E.N_|_sigs created: 1055

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

Personas. Only because 3 and 4 were spoiled for me before I could finish them.

Talking YEAH! GAMES!

Skies of Arcadia
    My favorite RPG known to date and still one of the greatest games too!
    it deserves MORE

Mystical Ninja! I miss goemon

LITTLE NINJA BROTHERS!!!!!! im sorry but all you lil ninja brother lovers out there who played this for nintendo and super ninja boy for super! i say this game should come back

of course u also have your pilot wings, and waverace those were EPIC back in the day!

I know there are chances later but Cystal chronicles series and tales series have really gotten to me i just cant get enough of them theres so awesome!!!

and last one cause im just goona throw it out there so we have a zelda game, mario game, fire emblem game, samus game, and yatti yatti ya, what i want to know is where the NEW STARFOX game is i hope they make one in development soon and hopefully it will be wifi

thats all the games... for right now ;D
    PSU slowly is fading away
    BUT I WILL NOT

There are some systemic similarities between SaGa Frontier and The Last Remnant - at least in the facts that positions during combat matter and that character stat growth and learning of new abilities is entirely organic in nature.

Indeed, I would like to see another game like SaGa Frontier - where there's a world and its events that happen, but you get to experience the individual stories of several different characters, all intertwining to some extent.

A new Jet Set Radio would be fantastic - especially given how greatly they improved on the first one when they made Jet Set Radio Future.

Gunstar Heroes is another thing that needs some more attention. The first one on Genesis was a fantastic first game to release as a newly-formed company, and the only two things I could possibly say bad about the GameBoy Advance rendition, Gunstar Super Heroes, is that there's no multiplayer and there's that dreaded top-down level that's quite nasty - but at the same time (and I know I'll be lynched for saying this), it could easily put things like Contra and Metal Slug to shame. I'm pretty sure those are the only things that could be preventing it from doing so.

Portal and Braid go without saying - it's fun bending space and time. Valve said at the announcement of Portal 2 that it's going to be "innovate over itself as least as much as Portal did [over other games]." It sounded like they already had something in store, and I think it made me a little wet.

Panzer Dragoon. It makes me sad that the last levels of Orta don't really work all the properly on the Xbox 360's emulation, but the game is fantastic. A new rail shooter like that, another Panzer Dragoon Saga-style game, or perhaps a new Gunvalkyrie would be amazing, to say the least.

And, of course, we need more of The World Ends with You. My game's timer shows about 180 hours right now, and I still need to finish up the epilogue part (hurray for mingling). The sheer amount of incorporated metagame is impressive on its own, but when you pair that up with the fact that its magnificient use of all of the DS's inputs (simultaneously, even) clearly outshines anything that's been published by Nintendo, of all people, you've got world-class material on your hands.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Beyond Good and Evil.
    HUGE plot is left hanging open!

Starfox, but like how Starfox: Dinosaur Planet was made. I loved it. I replay it every now and then, only thing is that the Arwing mode needs to be more..fulfilling.

OH and FF: Crystal Chronicles was pretty good. I have many memories of my brothers and I all beating the marlboro, and I liked the music selection very much.<3 Specifically, "In the Gloomy Darkness."
    Last edited by Leviathan; Jan 2, 2009 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Added another.