Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Should I get PSU or FFXI?

I've been thinking about this for a while now. I just got an XBOX 360 for Xmas and I kinda want PSU again since I can play online. The only problem is that I'm afraid that sooner or later I may get bored with it. I had PSU for Ps2 (both versions) and I have PS:P. I played through them both.

I just need some advice. I'm not asking someone to tell me if I should get it or not but why I should. What are some good things about playing online? Does online make the game any different? Are the misisons fun?

Thanks in adance>

diffrent online Yes....

Missions Fun?... that's subjective...

Quote Originally Posted by buzyb77 View Post
    diffrent online Yes....

Missions Fun?... that's subjective...
    They sure are if you donīt mindlessly spam one mission over and over. Haha

Less Uncle Scrooge thinking and more spontaneously actions!
    As itīs said, variety is the spice of life!
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

words are in refrerence to the People already back at the white beast....

Quote Originally Posted by darkante View Post
    They sure are if you donīt mindlessly spam one mission over and over. Haha

Less Uncle Scrooge thinking and more spontaneously actions!
    As itīs said, variety is the spice of life!
    I've been hearing that people spam missions alot...Are there story missions because the whole "choose a quest and do it" gets old after a while. Something along PSO lines where an NPC has a problem and needs you to help or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    We just go some updates (Small ones) but the GBR event is in progress.

Here's some links of recent updates:
    http://psupedia.info/Updates/December_2008#Update_063
    http://psupedia.info/Updates/December_2008#Update_064
    http://psupedia.info/Updates/December_2008#Update_062
    Cool, I need to check that site out more often. One more question about the community. Is it any good? Are the other players easy to get along with? How hard does it usually take to get a decent party?
    Last edited by Dhylec; Jan 4, 2009 at 04:32 PM. Reason: merge

Its a decent game, especially offline Online I think its ok, Worth the 10 dollars though that depends on who you ask.

For me its worth 10 dollars every 3-6 months, for some its worth 10 dollars every month. This is why I dont play much.

The fact that the majority of the time most players spam 1 mission or if your lucky 2 does not make the game more enjoyable. Slow updates and content is also a big problem.

I think if you want to try to play a long term online game, and you don't mind a lot of repetition this game would do very nice,

Bottom line for me its a good game, worth coming back to once or twice a year if anything to see how its doing. There's plenty more enjoyable online games on PC, but for 360 I think if you don't want to devote your life to a video game then this would be a much better choice than FFXI(Which is the only other online RPG choice) in terms of online console RPG play. If you have tons of free time(AND I REALLY DO MEAN A LOT OF FREE TIME) I would recommend FFXI simply for the level of depth in that game.

Its all up to you, If you can get past the fact you will probably be doing the same mission 20 times a day, for a month or two, then Buy it and play it online. I think you may enjoy it.

Also if your lucky and find people who like variety as well then this game can be totally amazing... if people are willing to do other things that are not the new hot thing.

I have yet to find these people however, Wish ya the best.
    However if you are very focused on exploration and variety I don't think this is the game for you.
    Last edited by Alazar313; Jan 4, 2009 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeria View Post
    I've been hearing that people spam missions alot...Are there story missions because the whole "choose a quest and do it" gets old after a while. Something along PSO lines where an NPC has a problem and needs you to help or something like that.
    Some people have the White Beast syndrome where there only like spammed that mission for like an eternity.
    And usually the mission is a choose a mission *insert to do task* which is just a lame excuse, as you just go to the end of the mission anyway.

I would like to see a different kind of mission or some with the vehicle that were in the offline parts. Just to give more depth to the missions.

But otherwise, itīs still very fun online.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

The community has shrunk abit but new players are appearing. It isn't really hard to find a party unfortunately people are still going to White Beast but I think Seed Express will keep people interested for awhile. The mission pretty challenging.
    Last edited by Noblewine; Jan 4, 2009 at 04:00 PM.

Compared to Offline online is alot better (atleast thats what I think). The missions are alot better where you are running with a group of friends.
    Gamertag: MR CauSe iM GoD ID: 30054283