View Poll Results: PSO hase been on many systems. Systems such as X-Box, Dreamcast and GameCube. But there still is no

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

9 21.95%
  • Bad

5 12.20%
  • Dont Care For PS2

23 56.10%
  • Who Gives a S*** About PSO!!

4 9.76%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: !!PSO FOR PS2!!

Drakus, if your statement has no truth, then who cares.

However, if you're on the right track then you would have us believe that SEGA, due to it's lack of market-savvy tactics etc, went bankrupt, got out of the hardware business, and allied (with others) against the same company (which will be referred to as SONY) that they were previously in direct competition with?

Even though that very same company [SONY] had the majority of the market and allying themselves to [SONY] would have been the most advantageous option for all said parties.

So basically, you're saying by doing what they did, they have yet again performed another (of many) corporate blunders...

Yeah, that sounds about right.

o_Q

On 2003-02-07 18:59, Rubesahl wrote:
    No thanks, I'll stick to the more superior game consoles like DC, GC and Xbox ; P but seriously speaking, I don't think there's really any point in doing so :/ I don't think it'll not even look as good as DC, it'd probably have blurred textures. Also, I think it's best on the systems it's on now. If Playstation 3 came out in the future and PSO2 would be around that time then I wouldn't really mind if it's a v-good system. But now I don't think it's a good idea. Well that's my opinion anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2003-02-07 19:01 ]</font>
    ps2 may be a less powerful ssytem but uh..gamecube superior? i still think gamecubes a piece of crap with all of its crapy azz games for me

ps2 is winning 16:1
    thats giving ratings for games i extremely love
    if u wanted me to rate it with games that i enjoyed for a bit but got sick of after about an hour it'd be more like

30:4

why? gamecube games bore me oh well user opinion

Mayor McCheese

I dont think Sony really cares for the series. And if Sony doesn't believe they'll turn a profit on the game, they wont actively seek out said title.

Either way, the PS2's graphics wouldn't be much better than the dreamcast version and who really wants to see the series take a step back?

Yuji Naka found it irritating to develop for the PS2.

There. I said it. It's all up to you all to find out which interview he said it in.

End of discussion! Jebus!

well the ps2 wont be able to support much... its capabilities are limited compared to the gamecube and the xbox.. ps2 is technologically outdated.

Defender of the World of Light

Yes, the PS2 has it's limitations, especially in the texture area. Here's a funny little fact: You know the game Jet Grind Radio on the Dreamcast? Yeah, well, the PS2 actually could not run the game, at all, due to the detailed and large amount of textures. Yes, as sad as it is, the Dreamcast outperforms the PS2 in that area. Sony kinda, uh, overlooked that key aspect.

As for Sonic Team developing for the PS2, they once stated they would never develope any games for the PS2. You may argue that that is wrong, as an old Phantasy Star genesis game is making its way to the PS2. Well, that game is NOT being ported over by Sonic Team. Sorry to break your bubble, but you'll never see Sonic Team working on any PS2 project.

Oh, and Sega didn't really choose sides with the three current consoles. They support all of them. Just look at AM2; they've put out quite some PS2 games, as well as Overworks I believe. Oh, and let's not forget the Sega Sports series.

Thus, in conclusion, while Sega does support all of the current consoles, some parties within Sega do not support some consoles, nor ever will. Such an example is Sonic Team, who has stated in a prior interview that they will never work on a PS2 game.

I hope that raps things up.

Actually, Sega left it up to its developers and dev teams to decide which consoles to produce for.

Most went to the GC and X-box...

Sonic Team in particular stated that they would never produce a game for the PS2.

As for allying themselves with Nintendo, PGC had an interview between the president of Sega and Nintendo where the two reaffirmed their dedication to each other.
    I believe the president of Sega said somthing to the effect of
    "With Ninteno's history and dedication to the production of the highest calibur games and with their loyalty and ethics, it was the obvious choice as our console of choice."

I would say that that is pretty much the DEFINITION of Allying.

Someone said this:
    "So basically, you're saying by doing what they did, they have yet again performed another (of many) corporate blunders..."

No i did not say ANYTHING of the sort.

Sega is a Japanese company...although founded by Americans. The companies in Japan are run much differently than in America. Japan takes care of its employees and a whole lot of other stuff that does not happen in America, which is a ruthless cut-throat capitalistic system (not saying this is bad). However, older companies like Nintendo and Sega are still run like the older companies, and part of that etic and code is that they never forget an enemy.

look at Nintendo... it took them a decade to forgive Square, and thats only after they changed Presidents!!

Now Imagine how Sega feels? the Sony PS2 through ingenious marketing and buisness practises DOMINATED the market. They monopolized several genres of games. The N64 was only able to squeak by because of Nintendo's battlechest and selling the system as a multiplayer party console.

The Dreamcast had no niche in the market... THAT is why it failed.

For that, Sega resents Sony, which is the reason it is not making consoles today. If you don't believe me, Why does Sonic team bear such a dislike towards Sony... and DON'T say its because they think the PS2 is an inferior system.

Frankly it comes down to the fact that Sega doesnt Value money over its dignity. Rather than Sell out and whore its self to the top bidder, they are bidding their time for when they can make a re-entrance into the market, or they can survive and continue to make the best video games possible where they can hopefully HURT their enemy, Sony.

Saying anything else is utter stupidity...

Yuji Naka likes to have sex with dead animals!!!.

A PSO Veteran

(sob sob sob)

On 2003-02-07 22:54, Drakus wrote:
    Saying anything else is utter stupidity...
    Not really. Sega is not as concerned about dignity as you would say. Nintendo is certainly a historically hard-headed corporation, but Sega is more so known for bad business deicisons. While not developing anything for the PlayStation 2 would definitely be a bad decision, as you've stated, the developers did have their reasons for choosing different consoles.

First of all, yes, the PlayStation 2 does have the largest user base, but it does remain the most difficult system out of the three to program for. While one could say that anyone who programmed for the Sega Saturn could program for the PS2, and while this should be true considering their architectures, why would they want to again? They could choose a system which better suits their programming tastes, crank games out, and still get their paychecks. Would you really believe that every programmer gets royalties for each copy of their game sold?

That said, Sega has released games on the PlayStation 2, such as:

"Crazy Taxi"
    "NFL2K3"
    "NBA2K3"
    "Vampire Night" (In Conjunction w/Namco)
    "Rez"
    "Virtua Fighter 4"
    "Shinobi"
    "Gungrave"
    "Initial D"
    "Sega Sports Tennis" ("Virtua Tennis 2")

They are also releasing their heralded "Sakura Taisen" series on the PlayStation 2, and that is a classic Sega RPG line.

Sega holds no such "grudge". The developers chose different platforms, and they are producing games respectively. In fact, there are fewer Sega games on other consoles. Plus, those which are on opposing platforms are so appropriately, such as "Super Monkey Ball" being on the Nintendo GameCube, "Panzer Dragoon Orta" being on the XBox, and so on.

PSO will not be released on the PlayStation 2 because of the competition FFO and EQOA present, and because SonicTeam has decided to not develop for that system. Those are the reasons.