Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Getting Final Fantasy XI Tommorow - Need Advice

Greetings Guys,

I'm getting FFXI for 360 tomorrow in the mail (hopefully).
    I was wondering if you guys know any site where I could get help the way I get help from you guys for PSU.
    You know - the most reliable community site.

An FFXI equivalent to PSUpedia too would be nice as well

Also, I couldn't find like a power-leveling guide for FFXI.
    There's a lot for WOW that's for sure (used to be a Night Elf Warlock....).

Thanks
    PSO2 JP
    Sega ID: Elternteil
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

FFXI Encyclopedia

This is a good place to start.

Cool!

Thanks

EDIT:

I forgot to ask - You guys know the server with the most people (except Odin - we all know what happened to that)? I mean like the equivalent of PSU360's Uni1/Uni2.

I used to play on the PC in Quetzacotl and I can't freaking find anybody and it made the game really boring that I stopped playing when I hit level 17.

Also, are the consoles' servers merged? I read on one site that the 360 is on its own server, while on other they say "FFXI is the first cross platform MMORPG" or something like that.

So confused ^_^;

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Immovable One; Jan 5, 2009 at 01:41 AM.
    PSO2 JP
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2

& stirring up controversy
    Lake WorthLESS, FLO-RIDA, IN DAH GHETTO CUZ I'M A GANGSTUH

I'm pretty sure PC, PS2 and 360 are linked. I've never played it.
    PS2+360?! O_o

All servers are one and the same.

FFXIclopedia is definitely a good site to bookmark. As far as populated servers go, Odin's the most populated, but I'm not even sure you can create a character there anymore. I know you can't apply for a transfer to Odin, and they even offer free transfers off it.

From what I understand, Fairy (my server) is on the lower end of the population spectrum, but I don't have trouble finding groups. I don't know of any place that tracks server population, so I can only suggest picking one with a couple friends if you can. And stay away from Quetzacotl I suppose.

You can't really power level in FFXI. At least, not directly. Most likely, you end up in parties where someone's friend is outside the party healing everyone. That's really the extent of power levelling. :/
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

In terms of server size, Ragnarok and Midgardsormr are supposedly pretty big.

Allakhazam was my starting point years ago, and even after 3 years of play I still found it usefl. There are guides for just about anything, and more general information on FFXI than you'll find most places.

FFXIAH, to keep up with server economy. Helps with money-making matters.

Also as a note, there isn't any way to "power level" yourself in FFXI. You can have friends to heal you from outside of battle while you fight, if you have the friends who are willing to bore themselves. The only real promised way to power level yourself is to level up as a Bard, Red Mage, or Corsair.

And I play on Quetzalcoatl, if you still have your character there I don't mind helping you. If you're wondering about it's population, it's rather average; big enough to reliably find parties and small enough to not feel crowded. Feel free to PM me.
    Turbosig.

& stirring up controversy
    Lake WorthLESS, FLO-RIDA, IN DAH GHETTO CUZ I'M A GANGSTUH

So on average, what game will you probably find more players on? Xbox PSU? Or FF11?
    Can one of you here tell me? I know all of you play FF11. :|

And since they are all merged, is it possible I could play with the same FF11 account on 360 and PC? Because I know how accounts have to be associated with the XBL gamertag your using on the 360 version of PSU and I assume that's how it works for 360 FF11 as well.

More people on 11 for sure. You should be able to play the same account from 360 or PC. All you have to do is get the client and software on your PC/360. The rest of the info is server side. Back when I use to play it linkshell mates would alternate from PS2 to PC since sometimes people would be using their PC.

My advice, if your planning on playing a Damage Dealing job, find a good gameboy/DS game or a book. Your going to need it.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

I''ll be starting from scratch as a Red Mage.

I love the enfeebles and multi-tasking
    PSO2 JP
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2