Default Banking Troubles

So I thought my visit to a new bank today wouldn't take that long. One hour tops. I was only opening a new account and transferring funds out from the account I want to close at another day, and the bank wasn't too busy. Well, I went through the typical stuff to get my new checking account up and running. All they had to do was transfer the money, so the lady took my card to the tellers to run it through.

Declined. What?

They put it in manually, and it was declined again. So the lady came back. She called the other bank, and they said that the request wasn't even showing up on their system. The lady called her main office, and some guy told her to try it again. Same thing, so she called back the other bank again... I'm going to directly quote it because it's just that stupid:

"Mastercard must be down." WHAT?!

The lady asked for their authorization card, and she was told they couldn't give it to her. Why? I don't know. So after two or three hours of being there, I found myself at the ATM, withdrawing a large sum of money in $20 bills multiple times because they have a $400 limit. Oh, and then I was charged $3 for every withdrawal. Ugh. At least it's over, and I only have like $5 left ate the other, shitty bank.
    Last edited by Kylie; Jan 27, 2009 at 08:59 PM.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

Couldn't you just write a check? That would have been better than withdrawing the money from an ATM (although you might not want to hear that now...)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpawn View Post
    Couldn't you just write a check? That would have been better than withdrawing the money from an ATM (although you might not want to hear that now...)
    No, the other bank wasn't allowing my new bank to access my account at all, but that wasn't showing up on the other bank's system for some reason. The only reason I could use the ATM is because it was like me accessing my funds as normal... or something. Honestly, I just did what the lady asked me to do, and she seemed knowledgeable.

...Wouldn't it have been better to just create the account that day, then next time your out stop by the old bank, withdraw all money, and take it to the new one next time you're out there?

But no, you have to resort to ATM's and their stupid fees, bah!

(<~~ Dan is a cheapskate)

I moved my money because the bank I had wasn't local.

I figured it'd be easier to just take my bank card up there and have them transfer it, but nooo.
    Last edited by Kylie; Jan 27, 2009 at 09:22 PM.

...Why did you have a non-local bank to begin with?

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Oh snap. I didn't know you were trying to transfer money between banks. Yea, that never ends well, haha.