Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

As I said before, I kind of wished they retooled the tech graphics instead of limiting them, but their choice is their choice. Mini map kind of helps, but there's lots of things that require pinpoint precision from the player, and the mini map gives you only a general direction. I've now seen the techs actually keep even the target indicators from being visible. The old ones hardly ever did that. Even our old infamous ice blind attack 21+ dambarta left the target indicators visible. And while I've often worked around that by simply noting that I have to use best guesses then, I know people of less patience would probably have issues with it.

This so-called "fix" is simply more BS programming on Segac's part. Had they taken to time to see how high-level technic graphics affected slowdown in the first place when they were making the God-forsaken game (along with all the other lag/slowdown issues, for that matter), we wouldn't have this problem, now would we? Seeing planet-sized Digas and Megids flying across the screen not only looks cool imo, but also tells me that the player actually took the time to level those techs in the first place. Now we won't be able to tell an AT from a MF without checking their class beforehand...

I can just see it now: players who know nothing of the updates and don't encounter many lagging issues are going to be bashing FT's and MF's for not having their techs leveled sufficiently when they see the gimped animations, and more arguing about who has the highest level buffs because we won't be able to see which ones are the strongest...

Brilliant, Segac. Fucking BRILLIANT. -_-X

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Question for TC, do you plan to stay MF when this happens? Just Curious.

As for topic, I don't care anymore. I'll be bandwagoning to Gunmaster, more fun than MF anyway.
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    This so-called "fix" is simply more BS programming on Segac's part. Had they taken to time to see how high-level technic graphics affected slowdown in the first place when they were making the God-forsaken game (along with all the other lag/slowdown issues, for that matter), we wouldn't have this problem, now would we? Seeing planet-sized Digas and Megids flying across the screen not only looks cool imo, but also tells me that the player actually took the time to level those techs in the first place. Now we won't be able to tell an AT from a MF without checking their class beforehand...

I can just see it now: players who know nothing of the updates and don't encounter many lagging issues are going to be bashing FT's and MF's for not having their techs leveled sufficiently when they see the gimped animations, and more arguing about who has the highest level buffs because we won't be able to see which ones are the strongest...

Brilliant, Segac. Fucking BRILLIANT. -_-X
    I love all the posters, who talk about programming, as if they knew anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuudai_Riisu View Post
    whine, whine, whine, and where is the cheese?
    Anything wrong with people stating their opinion? Even though the arguments used are very questionable, there's nothing wrong with someone sharing their frustrations and opinion. Instead of calling someone a whiner, people should point out the flaws in their reasoning. People have the right to talk for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Asahina View Post
    I thought this was a MULTIPLAYER game where we try to show our weapons and pa's to other users.
    If there are complaints about lag, then don't play with the techers.
    So how do you show those techs when people don't play with you?
    Last edited by Vent; Jan 20, 2009 at 03:53 PM.
    I don't get people. Never have. Never will.
    PSO2: Account Name: VentAileron, Character: ラフィーナ (Raffina)

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

Anyone who complains about this just likes to show off. >_>

[QUOTE=Vent;2237412]Anything wrong with people stating their opinion? Even though the arguments used are very questionable, there's nothing wrong with someone sharing their frustrations and opinion. Instead of calling someone a whiner, people should point out the flaws in their reasoning. People have the right to talk for themselves.

True, true, and very true. It so monotonous when you have 3 topics explaining same damn thing XP

Quote Originally Posted by Yuudai_Riisu View Post
    I love all the posters, who talk about programming, as if they knew anything about it.
    I had a year of computer programming when I first started college, though I admit I've forgotten most of it now, lol. =P Care to enlighten us?

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Norris View Post
    Anyone who complains about this just likes to show off. >_>
    Stop flamebaiting and go back to your PS2 chuck

Quote Originally Posted by BahnKnakyu View Post
    I am in the "beefy PC with a GTX 280" camp, but I actually come from the camp of users that hated the fact that I couldn't see shit in a party with too many MFs. Although Edward stated that the tech visual fix was a (bandaid) way of fixing the slowdown, the ORIGINAL reason why this fix was made on the JP side was NOT because of the lag, but because JP players were bitching about how fucking BLINDING the techs were.

I've stated this before in another thread, and I believe Inazuma did too - this fix wasn't for YOUR benefit, it was for the JP players' benefit. They weren't complaining about slowdown, the JP players were complaining about how fucking blinding the techs were.

Even though I hate how half-assed the fix is, I don't mind it because it will allow me to spam blinding techs and not hamper my party by blinding *them*.
    This is the correct reason. Some of the lv.41 even blinds the castor themselves like Gidiga, Dambarta or Damfoie. SonicTeam just messed up on them, if this was a 1P game the size of those lv.41+ techs would be ok but guess they didn't consider more than 2 MFs to be in the same party or something. Instead of altering/condensing the techs to a more considerable size while still keeping their lv.41+ uniqueness they just do this blanket fix. Probably because a real fix would require another expansion I guess.

Saying this will fix lag/slowdown is a freaking joke, some of the lv.21+ techs are just as bad in terms of causing lag so all this "it's PS2 fault durdurdur" stuff is pointless. A group of MFs can still lag you Rafoie spam if they wanted to.

I really don't care because I knew it was coming and the *****ing from JP/US meleers was too strong.