Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

That is one of my dislikes in the game. It was a slow-paced game, and the story wasn't gripping enough for me to play it again. But I did manage to complete it though.

When I first played it way back in the day, I remember turning it on and hearing the music at the title and I'm thinking "this isn't Phantasy Star" then starting in a old school looking fantasy town I was like WTF is going on here. I continued on, found Mieu (a robot thank god) and ended up enjoying the game. All the futuristic sci fi elements are still there, just a totally different style. I do like the game but it doesn't hold up to the others in my mind. About the music, while a few of the tracks are ok, it doesn't have that Phantasy Star feel to it at all and the music in all the other games is far superior to me.

My favorite is the Phantasy Star Generation 2 remake hands down, love it.
    Then my order would go:
    Phantasy Star 2 original
    Phantasy Star 1 original (my first RPG in 198
    Phantasy Star 4
    Phantasy Star Generation 1 remake
    Phantasy Star 3

Phantasy Star 3 is a great game however, the other Phantasy Stars are super great.

Quote Originally Posted by Saner View Post
    PSIII has a revolutionary generations system and great story, and different branches of
    generations and story situations depending on the married couple result of the previous
    generation. and its the only PS to have multiple endings. It's also the only classic PS game
    to support a party of 5 characters.

small note, PS4 also supported 5 characters.

either way, Phantasy Star III may seem like an oddball at first, but with a little thinking, it can easily tie up loose ends between PS and PSO (and even PSU). I can try to tie up a few things here. BEWARE that this is a bit lengthy and does contain spoilers, but this is exactly how I tie up the entire series.

Spoiler!

As for the gameplay itself, it did seem a bit rushed in some aspects but the generational system was great along with some of the music (the overworld, town, castle, Skyhaven, Lachute, and ending themes were all amazing, though the dungeon and battle musics were repetitive an boring). Also the Technique system was something VERY unique and that has NEVER been duplicated in any RPG since (which is a shame because I loved that system). I personally loved Phantasy Star III just because of the rich storyline and endless possibilities as to what goes on next, and while the in-game storyline is tiny compared to the bigger picture
    Spoiler!
    it was still gripping and well worth the money spend in that day.

While I do agree mostly on your theory of how Dark Faltz got to Ragol. But the one fact that I don't agree with is HOW he revived.

The essence of Dark Faltz needed a biological host in order to manifest itself. Most of this is has been discovered when you go through EP 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyleo View Post
    While I do agree mostly on your theory of how Dark Faltz got to Ragol. But the one fact that I don't agree with is HOW he revived.

The essence of Dark Faltz needed a biological host in order to manifest itself. Most of this is has been discovered when you go through EP 2.
    That did slip my mind that he does need a biological host. Try this on for size then:
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    When I first played it way back in the day, I remember turning it on and hearing the music at the title and I'm thinking "this isn't Phantasy Star" then starting in a old school looking fantasy town I was like WTF is going on here. I continued on, found Mieu (a robot thank god) and ended up enjoying the game. All the futuristic sci fi elements are still there, just a totally different style. I do like the game but it doesn't hold up to the others in my mind. About the music, while a few of the tracks are ok, it doesn't have that Phantasy Star feel to it at all and the music in all the other games is far superior to me.

My favorite is the Phantasy Star Generation 2 remake hands down, love it.
    Then my order would go:
    Phantasy Star 2 original
    Phantasy Star 1 original (my first RPG in 198
    Phantasy Star 4
    Phantasy Star Generation 1 remake
    Phantasy Star 3

Phantasy Star 3 is a great game however, the other Phantasy Stars are super great.

Agreed, it's not PS III fault that it came out in between PS II and PS IV. It is a really good game, but sitting in the middle of the two best RPGs of the day doesn't help obfuscate its flaws.

Phantasy Star was my first RPG as well, so have a cola and burger on me old-timer.

Probably the worst Phantasy star i've played is Phantasy star C.A.R.D revolution it ruined the Phantasy star RPG kind of thing it is like Youhgio i dont kno how to spell it so TEEHEE

Quote Originally Posted by Project X1o View Post
    Probably the worst Phantasy star i've played is Phantasy star C.A.R.D revolution it ruined the Phantasy star RPG kind of thing it is like Youhgio i dont kno how to spell it so TEEHEE
    C.A.R.D. Revolution had about as much of a RPG aspect to it as any other PSO game. I find that once most people get past the "lolz, cards?" stage, they find it to be an enjoyable game.

As for Phantasy Star III, I remember it didn't feel like I was playing a Phantasy Star game during my first playthrough. It certainly had all of the elements of a Phantasy Star game (sci-fi background, familiar enemies, Casts), but it always felt like something was missing.

The Artist Formerly Known As... Something Else SammaeltheDark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryna View Post
    C.A.R.D. Revolution had about as much of a RPG aspect to it as any other PSO game. I find that once most people get past the "lolz, cards?" stage, they find it to be an enjoyable game.
    Not to mention the soundtrack.. drool
    I could never get enough Tower of Caelum

oh man, the field music in 3 was so good

This is the best version, along with some cool pics!

That video is taken from the Phantasy Star Collection on the Sega Saturn
    Last edited by JesMaz; Feb 3, 2010 at 02:58 PM.