Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Megiverse any good?

is this spell his 75 frags worth?

good to lvl?
    dmg?

Okay and alright.

Its decent, if you have the spare frags.

with the caneval event comes the frags =)

i love the megid techs...i will get megid nosmegid and -if it is good- Megiverse.

But does this tech make any sense in late game? cause if you were hit the spell abort arent it?

and as far as i know this spell hasnt any knockback or something else arent it?

The Eggy Bastard

its definitely one of the most useless techs in the game...it's a novelty at its best.there is a 1-tick delay before it actually does damage,unlike dambarta which hits the second it's cast. the damage is meh. the hp leech is somewhat cool,but,why? while casting this tech in the middle of a room doing so-so damage in a so-so radius leeching hp, you have a good chance of getting trampled by something you haven't seen because youve been in one spot the whole time.

one thing if it didnt have the 1-tick delay then I'd say maybe if your into that sort of thing it's worth investing some time levelling,but it just plain isnt as useful as the other ultimate technics. as he said up there, if you have spare frags and time and just dont care, then its your decision. but is it something thats like WOAH MEGIVERSE IS SICKKKKK GO GET IT....no. I'm not sure about knockback or anything like that but overall I really wouldn't reccommend it.wasteful PA leveling. you won't find yourself using it except for the novelty of it.

Its good its all on how ya use it ya know i wouldnt say make it the first dark spell to get but if u have regrants its worth having combined with gireesta.
    PSU Character Information
    DivineTenken"Sojiro"150 beastFF(20)-Fg(20)-WT(20)-FM(
    Dark Hadou "Sakura" 115 CastFT(20)-AT(20)-WT(20)-MF(20)
    BoogiePop Phantom 22 Cast Protranser 3
    Hikikomori-Neet 70 beast FG(20)-GT(20)-GM(20)
    Find me AFK on neudaiz bridge.GT Xxantman215xX

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...ouSakura-1.png

The delay before the actual damage sucks, the damage itself sucks, and the HP drain sucks... not to mention, why would you want enemies surrounding you as a techer in the first place? You'll just get pummeled before you can even hit anything with it. Just use Megid/Ramegid and Resta/Giresta - they'll save you a lot of trouble...

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

The HP drain sucks? How does sapping the enemies HP, constantly topping up your own HP while flinching the approaching enemies suck?

Now Regrants which hurts you and flings everything out of its' range - that sucks.

The only use I find for it is in tagging situations in tight spaces while playing with a party that keeps the critters ocupied-- and that's a pretty rare scenario. I've leveled it a bit in the Carnival Polty room. I'm curious to see the range at 41.

Quote Originally Posted by Dealer View Post
    The HP drain sucks? How does sapping the enemies HP, constantly topping up your own HP while flinching the approaching enemies suck?

Now Regrants which hurts you and flings everything out of its' range - that sucks.
    It sucks because it's obsolete. You could just Resta/Giresta or use a healing item if you really needed health. That, and Megid/Ramegid are both better dark techs in general - they deal more damage, have better status effects, and can be used from a distance, so that you aren't endangering yourself. MF's and FT's especially should be aware of this so that they won't constantly die in two hits...

Regrants DOES also have that stupid attack delay like Megiverse, but at least it has useful applications - pin a troublesome enemy down into a corner while the rest of the party wails on it. It works wonders on the Magashi clones in Bladed Legacy. But yeah, I do find it retarded that there's a reflect damage effect on it... I guess to prevent it from being too cheap. That, and we REALLY need some better offensive light techs... >_<

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

The Eggy Bastard

it isn't obsolete as it is just plain not practical..it seems cool in theory to have a life leeching spell topping off your hp constantly but 95% of enemies will stun a techer out of a channeling spell liek that. regrants, used properly, is leaps and bounds more effective even in spite of the hp drain. why? because it clears out an enormous radius and it can buy you time to perhaps run away,heal the reflected damage,or just get the hell out of there.

in theory megiverse does sound cool,but the damage is low compared to other things,it levels pretty slow,and it just isnt as effective as the other dark techs. the lifeleech, while actually quite powerful(at higher levels it probably does leech quite a bit,and it stacks per enemy you hit,and if Im not mistaken there is no target limit) does not weight out the vulernability factor,unless your techer is a tank and has,like,3500 hp(barely possible). what business does a techer have channeling a spell(that he can almost always and probably will get knocked out of) in the middle of a room that doesnt do ridiculous amounts of damage and rub your balls at the same time? none. it's just not that effective,and will get you killed faster than you can appreciate the lifeleech,because when you do get hit and actually have a gap in your hp bar, you'll be stunned out of the spell, and you'll have to recast it,wait the 2 seconds, and then hope to god you can gain enough hp back before the same thing happens again. even with a party, there's always a chance that rouge vanda orga is going to psychotically be coming after only you with those yummy double-foie blasts,and we all know that happens sometimes. better to hang back and deal damage from afar with more effective techs. or if you insist on being on the front lines,which is totaly cool-again, your style of play is what wins in the end- use more effective stuff,something that will cause flinch,quickly,and deal high damage,such as gi-techs. these you can spam and have the same if not better effect than megiverse while dealing more damage and staying less vulnerable becasue in between spams you can run around,heal,take a nap,run for your life,etc. trust me on this. I got megiverse thinking it woudl be cool,leveled it a little,tried very hard to see the good in it and the long-term rewards for leveling this spell to the high levels, tried to like it and tried to have faith, and ultimately gave up. I'm all for variety, but you need stuff that works.

anyway, if you want to and you have the spare time and frags,let it be the last thing you get,and experiment with it. if you like it and you find that its good for your style,run with it. everybody plays different, especially techers because there is such a massive variety of shit to use(except in the light element department)