Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    I just don't really like PS3 controllers in general. Sixaxis controllers are terrible. You usually have to buy a Madcatz controller to get that cheap "lighter than air" feel.
    Thats why you buy DS3's i guess you like the bulky 360 contollers

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    Well, after an agonizingly slow download of roughly 5 hours, I was able to get it. The very first thing that I noticed is that its a far cry from the E3 video. Its still a beautiful game, but that video was a LIE. Anyway, after the opening sequence, they throw you in to action pretty quick.

The demo is really short. The first thing you have to do is take out a bridge with a rocket launcher. Pretty easy. Then there is a quick firefight and after that you have to take out some entrenched guys in an APC. There is one last battle in a warehouse, and that's the end of the demo. It shouldn't take shooter fans more than 10 mins at the most.

Gameplay wise (y'know the thing that matters) Killzone 2 is actually very solid. There is a cover system that shines on the same level as the Gears games, and its not just a gimmick. If you jump out in the open you will get perforated. The enemies use the cover in the same manner and are pretty smart about it too. If you don't "cook" your grenades (pull the pin and hold it for a few seconds) they will just move to safer cover and be completely safe from the grenade blast by the time it goes off.

All in all, its going to be a good game. Does it live up to the hype? It probably depends on who you ask.
    \

you need better internet or its a f wall or something it is moving really fast for me atm wont take more then a hour tops. most likely less

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

When I originally posted this it was for the EU demo, so I was actually pulling it from servers overseas that weren't supposed to be letting me download the file in the first place. But meh, who cares about the demo. The retail version is out now.

And yes, I like the 360 controllers, or just about any other controller really. Rumble has been assumed for the last couple generations. Removing the weights used for rumble makes the Sixaxis controller feel cheap compared to...well, everything.

Bull, amtalx. PSN downloads alwaaays go slow for you. It took you way longer to download the RE5 demo than it did me, and the same goes for the areas in Home. I don't know why PSN hates you, but it does. Anyway, I'm kind of curious about this. Kill Zone isn't a game that I'd traditionally go for, but I'm willing to give it a chance and see what it's about.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

RE5 went slow, but not THAT slow. PSN hates itself. It has to for sucking so hard. 1GB demos usually take me about 15 mins on XBL.

Your RE5 demo download took 45 minutes. Mine took 15.

I think PSN just sucks and has bad coding though, so whateverrr.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

So I got this game a few days at the request of friend so we can play online. Finished beating campaign today. I have to say, I really fucking hate my own teammates. What a bunch of fucking cock gobbling meatheads, holy shit man. I swear every other word out their mouth is fuck, it's like the developers where trying too hard to be cool and edgy. The worst part about it is that EVERY FREAKING GUY FROM YOUR FACTION is like that except for you in some parts. It got to the point where I was killing off my own team mates cause they pissed me the fuck off, but I couldn't really kill them cause every time they were suppose to be dead, they would just lie on the floor bitching and crying for me to rez them, which was only slightly more annoying then having them yell at me to "get the fuck behind cover" when I would pop out from under cover to shoot enemies while they stood in the middle of the fucking battlefield getting downed attracting every other bullet. Also the dialogue is equally atrocious. It's like somebody recorded the chatter you hear between matches of Call of Duty 4. Gears of War 2, Halo, and decided to use it as the dialogue for this game. Only without racial slurs, actually Higs kinda does sounds like Nigs so I guess... W/e.

Then to make matters even worse, the bad guys are so much fucking cooler then us. Not just their weapons and such, but even their dialogue and the way in which the game presents them. Really though the campaign would be a whole lot more bearable without the most fucking annoying character ever, Rico. Holy shit is this guy fucking stupid and annoying. In fact his very existence is incomprehensible since a person with his demeanor and attitude would have already been fucking dead if the game treated him like any of the other npcs in the game.

Also, this games controls fucking suck. Half the time I was dying in campaign cause I was fucking wrestling with the controls. This would be a fucking awesome game...If it was on PC or 360. People complain about Resident Evil 5's controls but you know what, fuck them. Why haven't I heard anyone call bullshit on these controls. Even the fucking button layout is atrocious and this is after I switched it to a more manageable control setting since you can directly assign actions. It's all a bunch of pre-set options you can choose from.

In retrospect: I find it kind of funny that I complain how many times the characters curse and say the word fuck when I use the word fuck quite a bit in this post.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

i liked the PS3 controller after coming from 360 controller. It was about the same and easy to pick up and use. Do I think It's better? Not really. I prefer the 360 controller a little bit more but they are about the same. I like the 360's triggers and additional weight that it has better.

KZ2's "weight" ingame I didn't have a problem with. I did nudge up sensitivity one or two clicks but that was it. I'm used to Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and not CoD: MW so I was used to it. I'm not a twitch gamer. I've found that any game no matter what genre I prefer a more complex tactical feel rather than a high octane twitch fest.

As far as single player I thought the grunts that we play as were a little on the retarded side. Literally low IQ but hey they are grunts not rocket scientists. But I liked in the story how they had some higher ranked people who were clearly more reserved and intelligent. The grunts grew on me through the boring meat of the game but by the end when it got a little more exciting I was happy that I played through it and it made me understand why multiplayer looks the way it does.

I also found the guys we were fighting against to be pretty cool and how the story showed their perspective and made you sympathies with them even though they just look like evil monsters. Kind of funny how they act like they are being oppressed by us when they are blood thirsty warriors.
    Last edited by R3volver; Apr 9, 2009 at 01:21 AM.

I was actually really surprised with the demo. It felt really nice to play, even though I'm usually a PC-only player. For a console, the graphics are INSANE. I just loved playing it and found that the controls really weren't that bad in my opinion.

I did notice the vulgarity right at the start though, xD.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Finally got around to play the demo of this and was surprisingly unimpressed.

I don't care how well the controls are mapped, to me personally, the PS3 controller just does *not* feel like a good FPS controller.

Its really hard to judge by the demo though, because it has no multiplayer functionality and, like Amtrax said, lasts about 10 minutes. So outside of the graphics, I really don't see anything that special about it.

Also, I really wish writers would learn you don't need to throw swear words left and right to make good dialogue in FPS / War in general games. Look at Metal Gear, Bioshock, hell, even Call of Duty 4 didn't throw them around all the time.

PLEASE, people, swearing does not equate to edgy or manly, and an over abundance of it just makes your plot laughable.