Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Played the demo up to level 20. Getting a new chip so I can make a new chr. Don't want to delete the one I have. Typeing with a psp is a pain. On a side note the demo's weapon upgrade has a glich. I'm at level 8 for one of my weapons and still no chance of breaking. I'm going to fully use the till the full game comes out. Also does anyone have a list of drops for the portable yet?

Hey Darion don't buy a whole new Memory Stick, just transfer your current save file to your computer.

Weapons can't break through grinding in PSP. You should check the PSP section of the PSUPedia for a drop list.

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Dont forget about getting Play Achievements, you can perform the tasks in the demo and as soon as you go to your room in the full game, you will get the Achievement and you can pick up the reward! Looking at the list I think these ones should be possible in the trial...

De Ragan Slayer
    Defeat De Ragan five times. Reward = Burn / Resist
    Super Rookie
    Defeat 100 monsters. Reward = Laser Pannon
    Super Ace
    Defeat 500 monsters. Reward = Din De Bel
    Super Elite
    Defeat 1000 monsters. Reward = Sacred Dusters
    Super Hero
    Defeat 10000 monsters. Reward = Bringer Rifle
    Tease of the Battlefield
    Complete three free missions. Reward = Amore Rose
    Up-and-Comer
    Complete 10 free missions. Reward = Samba Maracas
    Noticed as #1
    Complete 25 free missions. Reward = Ank Bico
    Next Presidential Candidate
    Complete 50 free missions. Reward = Dallgunrod
    GUARDIANS' Ultimate Weapon
    Complete 100 free missions. Reward = Robopitch Grenade
    Rookie Guardian
    Reach LV1. Reward = Goggles
    Young Guardian
    Reach LV10. Reward = Grinder x10
    Hot-blooded Guardian
    Reach LV20. Reward = Grinder x10
    Angry Warrior
    Reach Hunter LV5. Reward = Gravity Strike
    Quiet Hunter
    Reach Ranger LV5. Reward = Penetrating Hit
    Shining Virtues
    Reach Force LV5. Reward = Regrant
    Mobile Police Force Member
    Clear Chapter 1. Reward = Resta
    I Would Die for the Maiden
    Get incapacitated 100 times. Reward = Okikudohg
    Crusher
    Inflict 300+ damage. Reward = Final Impact
    Berserker
    Inflict 600+ damage. Reward = Lollipop
    Not the Only Hero
    Play a co-op game in multi-mode. Reward = Rappy Suit

Wow... thats a lot actually, obviously you'll only be able to get one of the 'Hunter, Ranger or Force Lv5' Achievements in the demo.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

"Unconcious" in Forest 2 T_Esquire's Avatar

Sounds like we need to hit Adhoc Party alot before March.
    I guess... It wasn't enough... Hee hee hee... Perhaps I was overthinking things... Awww... After thinking about all that... I'm starved! Let's head home.

I've got another question... sorry.

But I've noticed that it's not possible to drop items, does that apply to release as well?

I'm sure that it probably has something to do with the save file making it incredibly easy to dupe if droping to trade were possible.

Aslo PSUPedia says the following:

"While in a party for wireless multiplayer, if a rare item is collected, it will be distributed to all party members."

Does this mean what I think it means?

It probably does. Check the end of this topic.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157871

I explain a lot of the main differences between PSU and PSP, along with some PSP-specific things.

There is no method of trading, but rares are distributed to everybody. There's also some newly implemented aspects of how item drops are affected by party-leader. Some to avoid cheating and duping, other aspects to increase comraderie in grouping while removing any reward for an ill-repute leader for kicking party members before the mission is over, to gain drops. What this means for partying and hunting stuff is interesting. I basically try to sum it up in that thread.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Feb 9, 2009 at 11:42 AM.

"Unconcious" in Forest 2 T_Esquire's Avatar

Yes, it means what you think it means. Whenever a rare item is picked up EVERYONE gets a copy. This means nothing is sacred in regards to rare drops. No more need to be all uppity, though, as this was the only logical answer in the regard. The whole reason to cheat in multiplayer games is to get stuff other people have that you don't. Take that elitism away and the desire to cheat vanishes. Additionally, being able to share your cool new weapon with friends helps keep squabbling to a minimum.
    I guess... It wasn't enough... Hee hee hee... Perhaps I was overthinking things... Awww... After thinking about all that... I'm starved! Let's head home.

That was a very helpful post, thank you.

I have a question...Is there still a common box in the real game? So if I find some force stuff I can give it to my force later?

One more...Can you transfer more than one character over to the real game? If I make multiple characters and save them on my comp, can I transfer them all over to the real game?

No common box. Basically, if you are currently playing a force (or you're just looking for force stuff), it's best to hunt missions while a force (even if it is yourself) is the leader. As with the link I posted in my earlier post....drops are affected by what the leader of the party is. That is, if the leader is of a certain class, the drops are more likely to be items usable by that class. Of course, other items will drop, but it increases the percentage of what kind of items you'll find in the run.

So yeah. Any items, weapons, and stuff have to be gained by that character. On the other hand, the provisions are set to be a lot less up to completely random, to find them. Thus a bit less work involved in hunting stuff (which come pre-made, mind you).