Thread: Neighbors

Default Neighbors

Urgh... what a day...

For those who've gone through the experience of moving, don't you hate arriving at a new place, which looked great when you checked it out beforehand, only to find something you positively loathe about it within 48 hours after moving in?

I moved into this apartment complex near campus just before the semester started, to escape the hell on earth that was the dorms. Within the first couple of days, the neighbors upstairs started blasting their music at volumes high enough for me to hear much, much more than just the bass. My roommate went upstairs and politely asked them to turn it down; although they clearly weren't happy about it (I can't really say I blame them - they've been up there with nobody living below them for at least a whole semester, and both my roommate and I have comparatively sensitive ears), they were at least willing to cooperate.

Well, we've had a few more incidents since with the music. Usually, my roommate and I just let them go at it as long as we can more or less cover up the noise with some music more to our own tastes - though we have had to remind them at least once or twice to not turn it up so much.

Today, however, I'm left to really wonder - what the hell could those two girls possibly be doing to make so damn much noise, all day? (Seriously, they started at around 6:30 am here - they woke me up before my alarm, which doesn't go off until 7:00 - and are still at it, at 8:00 pm, pausing only briefly every so often.)

It's not even music, this time - it's like they're rolling their furniture around up there or something. What the hell could they possibly be doing?!?

I just wonder if they're gonna let me get any sleep tonight, at the rate this is going. It's not like they're trying to irk us, so I'm not really considering going to management about this, but that doesn't make it any less annoying...

Ouch, sorry man. XD That sounds really annoying.

To ease the pain, you can always try to imagine that all the noise is them having an all-day-long naughty-fest with themselves. >_>
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

Two girls making noises above you, huh? Nothing a few well hidden wireless survailence cameras won't help fix. :P
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_robot View Post
    It's not even music, this time - it's like they're rolling their furniture around up there or something. What the hell could they possibly be doing?!?
    My upstairs neighbors last year must have had the same hobby (dresser bowling? Hungry Hungry Hippos with live hippos?). Fortunately for me, they seem to have moved, though perhaps they took up residence above you. Sorry.

UPDATE: It's almost 11:30 pm here, and they're still showing no sign of stopping anytime soon...

At least it's the weekend, so I don't have to worry about being out of it all day through classes...

I mean, is it possible they're having a party?

Lots of people crammed into an apartment while music is on sounds like it would cause the problems you were having.

It could have been a party, but I wasn't hearing any music - just a lot of random thumps and crashes. Ordinarily, even when they keep the volume down, I will still hear the bass, loud and clear.

The noise did finally let up, at midnight. I guess I can count myself lucky in that respect - I normally don't go to sleep until around then anyway.