Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: % vs ATP

Default % vs ATP

I really need your help and insight. I am not a number cruncher so I have a hard time to figure out what to use.

I have Twin DB Sword grinded to 7+ (Att. 461) with 24 % dark element and a Heavy Twin (not grinded yet with (Att. 33 with 42 % dark element. Which is the better one vs dark enemies? And when does + Att. outweight %s? I have no idea how to figure it out.

I just replaced my low % S-Rank Palette on my Fortefighter (mainly 10 - 20%) with higher % A-Rank weapons (9 Stars, mainly 36% - 46%). Was this a mistake?

Thanks for your help.

Raz
    PSU: Razia Beast FF/AF/Fi/WT/GT
    Cades Cast GM/FG/GT
    Monani Newman FT

To compare 2 weapons of the same time, there's a simple formula:

ATP * (1 + <element>) were element is a value between 0 and 1 (ex: 30% = 0.30)

So for your weapons:

DB Sword: 431 * (1 + 0.24) = 461 * 1.24 = 571.64
    Heavy Twins: 338 * (1 + 0.42) = 479.96

The higher, the better. You got your answer.

And replacing S ranks by A ranks with higher attributes is certainly a good idea. But not all the time so be careful.

The Magnanimous Guardian Magician's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razelchen View Post
    I really need your help and insight. I am not a number cruncher so I have a hard time to figure out what to use.

I have Twin DB Sword grinded to 7+ (Att. 461) with 24 % dark element and a Heavy Twin (not grinded yet with (Att. 33 with 42 % dark element. Which is the better one vs dark enemies? And when does + Att. outweight %s? I have no idea how to figure it out.

I just replaced my low % S-Rank Palette on my Fortefighter (mainly 10 - 20%) with higher % A-Rank weapons (9 Stars, mainly 36% - 46%). Was this a mistake?

Thanks for your help.

Raz
    DB Sword: 461 x .24 = 110 + 461 = 571
    Heavy Twin: 338 x .42 = 141 + 338 = 479

The math says that the DB Sword should be doing more damage against all but dark enemies.

Try them out in a c-rank mission and test it out.

But there is also the atp of your character, not just the atp of the sword. 1500 base atp let say. Then we have a sword with 600 atp 24%, and then a sword 500 atp 42%.

(1500+600) * 1.24 = 2604
    (1500+500) * 1.42 = 2840

Then there is also more multipliers with the photon arts.

Higher percent weapons are just about always better. You did a smart move. The only thing is the A ranks have lower acc and PP, but the extra damage you will be doing is worth it.

Thank you guys, that was really helpfull.
    My char is a 150 Female Beast FF (20) btw.
    Cades Cast GM/FG/GT
    Monani Newman FT

The Magnanimous Guardian Magician's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kejen View Post
    But there is also the atp of your character, not just the atp of the sword. 1500 base atp let say. Then we have a sword with 600 atp 24%, and then a sword 500 atp 42%.

(1500+600) * 1.24 = 2604
    (1500+500) * 1.42 = 2840

Higher percent weapons are just about always better. You did a smart move. The only thing is the A ranks have lower acc and PP, but the extra damage you will be doing is worth it.
    For as long as I've been playing psu, that's the one thing I never tested.

Is the elemental percentage of a weapon added to the weapon's base att or the total atp of your character? If the elemental percentage is added to only the weapon then the DB Sword should be doing more damage. However, if it's added to the total atp, then yes the Twin Heavy should do more damage.

Test them both out, Razelchen, and post the results.

Quote Originally Posted by kejen View Post

(1500+600) * 1.24 = 2604
    (1500+500) * 1.42 = 2840

I know the ATP of the character is added to make actual damage. But I just gave him a simple formula to be able to compare 2 weapons.

The actual formula to calculate damage just isn't the same and is more complex. As he said he wasn't a number crunsher, I just gave the simpliest way to compare.

Thanks guys, I am just depressed that the DBs with so low % are actually better than weapons with 40%+

Maybe I try my luck grinding those Heavy Twins.
    Cades Cast GM/FG/GT
    Monani Newman FT

ignore all the above, % is faaarr more important than atp thats how okanohs out damage bil de axe and ank buti so easily my god atp is mostly useless almost negligible.

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

The only situation where weapon ATP would significantly overpower elemental % is with Agito Repcas, because every grind really does matter. OR if you're fighting neutral enemies, where ele % doesn't matter at all (but how many neutral enemies do you fight on a daily basis?)

For the most part, you're always better off with higher ele % than you are with higher atp.
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF