Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: % vs ATP

Another test

4/10 Heavy Twin, 353 Att. 46% fire vs 7/10 Twin DB Sabers, 461 Att. 20%
    (Event Ice Blast Stage)

The Heavy Twin has clearly the upper hand here though the att of the DBs are much higher.

I remember that Sega said something about weapon % bonus for Weapons over 30%, but can't remember what they said excactly. So might be that the differences over 30% aren't as big as I expected but are if under 30%.....
    PSU: Razia Beast FF/AF/Fi/WT/GT
    Cades Cast GM/FG/GT
    Monani Newman FT

They changed the % at the end of v1 so that all % are 3/4 the shown number.
    IE
    10% = 7.5%
    50% = 37.5%
    So it affects higher percentages a lot more than lower percentages but it affects all %'s.

Also re your earlier test 40 damage a hit every hit will add up fast, particularly with a weapon like twin sabers that has lots and lots of low damage hits. Cross Hurricane hits 25 times total over the course of the combo so thats a 1000 extra damage each combo. Its not a huge difference but it'll add up over the course of a run.
    Grab an axe or a weapon with high atp if you can and you'll start seeing a much bigger difference in each individual hit.
    (Also Twin DB's sabers have godly ATP for a-rank sabers, its one of the few weapons whose ATP will start offsetting other sabers attribute advantage - its the exception to the rule).

The percentage calculations were changed a while back when AOI was released as well as character stats. A 50% weapon is relatively as strong as it was pre-AOI, but low percent and neutral weapons are a bit more effective.

That being said, my 34% Raikasobrac does more damage against dark creatures than my 16% Rucar.

or you could just test both weapons and see which does more damage.

That's what I did (see my post). In that case the Heavy Twins were better than the Twin DB Swords.
    Cades Cast GM/FG/GT
    Monani Newman FT

Are you testing just with a normal hit? With PA's you will see more since a 200% PA that 40 will turn into 80. And a 5 hit combo that 80 is now 400 over the course of a few seconds. Then across the complete level you're doing 1000's and 1000's more damage.

Higher % is always better. But use common sense. A 50% C rank won't be better than a 32% S rank.

Quote Originally Posted by kejen View Post
    Are you testing just with a normal hit? With PA's you will see more since a 200% PA that 40 will turn into 80. And a 5 hit combo that 80 is now 400 over the course of a few seconds. Then across the complete level you're doing 1000's and 1000's more damage.

Higher % is always better. But use common sense. A 50% C rank won't be better than a 32% S rank.
    Actually....
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

True just trying to find out the "sweet spot" for S vs A Rank Weapons.
    Thanks for all the input guys.
    Cades Cast GM/FG/GT
    Monani Newman FT

Rehabbed SEGAholic

I'm fairly certain a 10/10 Rappy Tip (3*, 300 Att, 50% Light) will out damage a 10/10 Deva-zashi (10*, 479 Att, 32% Light). So much for common sense.

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

quick, someone who has both of those weapons take screenies. I want to see how much difference it is. = 0
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF