Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Sword of Azure Lightning Akio-Kasai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    why cant i compare the types? they all kill monsters, and some do it better than others. if one type is way the hell better than another, i cant just ignore that.

when i was playing as MF w/ a strong FM in the party, i honestly felt worthless as hell. not only was it hard to keep up w/ their tornado dance speed, but when i managed to get some hits on the enemies, i felt like it made little difference. the monsters would have died at the same time w/o me being there. and since im there, that FM is getting less meseta and items. looking at the big picture, it was almost impossible for me to genuinely "help" the FM in the party. sorry, but it really bothers me b/c i want to actually be able to help others instead of just hold them back.
    And what about FF? And FT? A FiG? If they're all TD'ing ahead of everything and you cant get hits in with a LONG distance techer, what the hell makes it different with a close range? Hmm?

With this statement, you're saying every class but FM fails, not just MF. This is a pretty ignorant response in my opinion. If you're playing with a whole group of FM's then go to a different party.

MF does indeed fail. AF fails too. how about you compare your clear times w/ FM and GM instead?

I agree that MF isnt for everyone. I always love using magic in games so ive always played as forces in phantasy star games, but enough is enough. my love for power is greater than my love for magic, so FM is for me. the funny thing is, im actually having a hell of a lot more fun w/ psu now, as cast FM.

if you enjoy MF, thats fine. keep it up. but dont let it blind you from seeing the truth about how terrible they really are.
    No MF does NOT fail, just because it can't clear things as fast as FM and GM can, does not mean it fails. There are MF's who can out play the TDing noobs that FM brings. -_-

Not everyone cares about their clear times or their power, and once again, I'm sorry but if you couldn't hit anything with your MF, you were doing something wrong. Because in our party of FM's and my friend being a MF, he did just fine with his long distance techs.

By now, it should be pretty obvious where I stand on the issue of MF. Allow me to explain my reason for playing this class.

First off, I know MF isn't the best class in the game; it's pretty obvious. I think it's more fun to play than most classes, so that's why I play it. Back when AotI first came out, I tried out AF and AT on different characters. I absolutely loved the casting speed of of AT, and had no interests in switching to FT. The fact I could cast fast enough that most monsters could barely move, if at all, was a big seller to me. Once I knew about MF's techs, I started to prep for it. I switched to FT to get my techs to 31+, because I didn't want to waste tech exp. I didn't like it at first, but I grew to enjoy the bonuses of getting 31+. At this point, I was stuck. I loved AT's casting speed, but I liked the benefits of stronger techs. Thankfully, MF has both casting speed, AND even stronger techs than FT. This was very ideal for me, so the switch was obvious. Yeah, it sucks MF only gets level 10 support, but I should be attacking most of the time anyway (I do play gimped AT during harder spawns usually though).

Basically, I wanted a combination of AT and FT, and that's what MF is like. If I ever feel the need to support, I have an AT alt just for that. Whenever I know power is needed to do really fast runs, I'll switch to my AF main; isn't that what mains and alts are for? I have noticed that I can run certain missions easier as MF than AF though.

MF is a situational class, and is obviously not for everyone. I play it for the speed (since I can't stand using slow weapons) and the nice challenge of it. If I think MF will not do well in a certain mission, I'll use someone else. In most cases though, the time difference isn't that noticeable. If you love the class, great; if not, then that's just fine too. All I'm trying to do is tell people MF isn't as bad as many people say it is. It really doesn't matter what class you are in most missions (bonus excluded), and that's why I enjoy this game. If this were the case, melee classes would be impossible to play as with Newmans. From what I've read, this doesn't seem to be the case.

PSP2: Vyser (CAST Ranger), Captain Flavor (Beast Hunter), Amu (Force Newman)
    PSU PC: Vyser (CAST AF/GM), Captain Flavor (Beast FF), Konata (Newman MF), Sportacus (Human AT)
    PSŲ JP: あかヴァイザ (HUcast), フレヴァさま (FOnewm), ラムレーズ (HUnewm)

Quote Originally Posted by Shou View Post
    I think this is what we are all doing right now and how us used-to-be techers look at the techer classes lol

Just like me :P

They'll be more of us soon, just wait till we get Hive GBR.
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

lol i just got my first rifle bullet to 31 (cuz ive been lvling lazers and shotties) and yeah Masterforces suck lol. poor Jarbas cant do anything at all? jesus christ!

Its up to SEGAC to revive the techer classes with a HUGE power boost and/or better cround controll. With how weak techers are offensivly now they should have double the defences then that of fighters and gunners to be balanced out.

Quote Originally Posted by Akio-Kasai View Post
    And what about FF? And FT? A FiG? If they're all TD'ing ahead of everything and you cant get hits in with a LONG distance techer, what the hell makes it different with a close range? Hmm?

With this statement, you're saying every class but FM fails, not just MF. This is a pretty ignorant response in my opinion. If you're playing with a whole group of FM's then go to a different party.

No MF does NOT fail, just because it can't clear things as fast as FM and GM can, does not mean it fails. There are MF's who can out play the TDing noobs that FM brings. -_-

Not everyone cares about their clear times or their power, and once again, I'm sorry but if you couldn't hit anything with your MF, you were doing something wrong. Because in our party of FM's and my friend being a MF, he did just fine with his long distance techs.
    every class but FM/GM/PR fails, yeah. thats b/c they just arent as good in comparison.

let me see if i can explain my thinking here. FM, GM and PR all have the potential to help the party more than any other type, depending on the mission. but all the other types (such as AT, MF, FF, AF) dont have a mission where FM GM or PR wouldnt be a better choice. they are worthless in that sense.

can you think of a mission where having a MF/FF/AF/whatever in the party would bring the clear time down more than having a FM, GM or PR would?

for example, lets say a FM can clear seed express in 12 mins. if you were to add another party member, which one would lower the clear time the most? FM maybe? or GM perhaps. what about if the party has 2 FMs and you need a 3rd member? PR might be the best one to add there. I dont think there is a time when adding a MF to the party would be the best choice. so b/c there is always a better choice, they are "worthless".

if you have 2 axes w/ the same stats, except one has four times the power of the other, you could say the weaker one is worthless b/c you will always pick the stronger one. is there a mission where using halarod instead of pwand would give you a faster clear time? i dont think so.

btw, i dont always demand that everyone who joins me is the very best type possible. if having a 2nd FM is best but a GM joins, thats fine to me. its likely that the GM will do just fine, since they are extremely strong. but if a FF or fG joins, they will always be worse than the master type version.

talking about MF in particular, it wouldnt be that bad if they were at least somewhat close to FM/GM. they wouldnt be the best, but it would be very close so its not that big of a deal. but thats not the case. MF is just so bad in every way, and by a massive amount.
    Quit PSO2

every class but FM/GM/PR fails, yeah. thats b/c they just arent as good in comparison.

let me see if i can explain my thinking here. FM, GM and PR all have the potential to help the party more than any other type, depending on the mission. but all the other types (such as AT, MF, FF, AF) dont have a mission where FM GM or PR wouldnt be a better choice. they are worthless in that sense.

can you think of a mission where having a MF/FF/AF/whatever in the party would bring the clear time down more than having a FM, GM or PR would?

for example, lets say a FM can clear seed express in 12 mins. if you were to add another party member, which one would lower the clear time the most? FM maybe? or GM perhaps. what about if the party has 2 FMs and you need a 3rd member? PR might be the best one to add there. I dont think there is a time when adding a MF to the party would be the best choice. so b/c there is always a better choice, they are "worthless".

if you have 2 axes w/ the same stats, except one has four times the power of the other, you could say the weaker one is worthless b/c you will always pick the stronger one. is there a mission where using halarod instead of pwand would give you a faster clear time? i dont think so.

btw, i dont always demand that everyone who joins me is the very best type possible. if having a 2nd FM is best but a GM joins, thats fine to me. its likely that the GM will do just fine, since they are extremely strong. but if a FF or fG joins, they will always be worse than the master type version.

talking about MF in particular, it wouldnt be that bad if they were at least somewhat close to FM/GM. they wouldnt be the best, but it would be very close so its not that big of a deal. but thats not the case. MF is just so bad in every way, and by a massive amount.

just one thing about your statement about helping party members most...im gona have to give that to acrotecher..lmao
    Another mission the powers have called me away. Another time to carry the colors again.
    My motivation an oath I've sworn to defend. To win the honor of coming back home again.
    No explanation will matter after we begin. Unlock the dark destroyer that's buried within.
    My true vocation and now my unfortunate friend. You will discover a war you're unable to win.

It would be boring is everyone was the same class. A little variation is nice from time-to-time. It's nice the friends I play with could care less who is what race/class.

PSP2: Vyser (CAST Ranger), Captain Flavor (Beast Hunter), Amu (Force Newman)
    PSU PC: Vyser (CAST AF/GM), Captain Flavor (Beast FF), Konata (Newman MF), Sportacus (Human AT)
    PSŲ JP: あかヴァイザ (HUcast), フレヴァさま (FOnewm), ラムレーズ (HUnewm)

Sword of Azure Lightning Akio-Kasai's Avatar

This is becoming ridiculous. There is obviously no way to sway your mind on this subject, the point is MF is not useless. No class is useless, but what the people hating on MF fail to realize, is this game isn't all about big numbers and being an elitist. People may use MF because it looks cooler, just like with your axe example. If that stronger axe is ugly, I wouldn't use it as much.

Either way this is my final post, I'm done trying to show you that this game isn't all about numbers or about speed, and that a class is not useless because it cannot kill as fast as another.

People don't always flock to the strongest, a class is not useless because of how it looks on paper. It's the player that matters, if they have fun with it then good. However saying a class is bad because it cannot compare in speed to another is ignorant, and makes you look like an elitist who cares for nothing but how strong you are.

This thread is done, and this discussion is over. Everyone has their way of playing.

Edit: Fixed some spelling errors. -Leaves-
    Last edited by Akio-Kasai; Feb 13, 2009 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fayt6 View Post
    just one thing about your statement about helping party members most...im gona have to give that to acrotecher..lmao
    can you give me an example of this? im looking for something like:

for seed express, a team of FM + AT can clear the mission faster than a team of FM + GM
    Quit PSO2

Out of this whole entire thread...all I have to say is....Master classes hard? What? Are you kidding me? It's a class...and unless you have played one class your whole time on PSU and used 2 weapons...that shouldn't even be a issue....hard seriously?

EDIT: Whoever thinks clear times = better players....is a fool. Sorry if I come off as offensive to anyone.