Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chaos Bringer Destroyer D1ABOLIK's Avatar

Default 10/01/09 correct?

Gamestop has this listed for the US release date of PS0. I know anything listed for the first of the month is generally just a generic date listed as a reference / estimate. Wondering if its correct since im considering buying this game. Also if i import is there a way to adjust the text in the game to english? I know on PSP you could not on the imported version, and even though i knew what everything was it really took away from the experience of the game.

Whenever Gamespot throws a date up on their site for any game ever made there is always a topic made on the forum for said game asking if it's a real release date.

So yes, it is the real release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Commodity View Post
    Whenever Gamespot throws a date up on their site for any game ever made there is always a topic made on the forum for said game asking if it's a real release date.

So yes, it is the real release date.
    Thats because generally gamestop is wrong the majority of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by D1ABOLIK View Post
    Thats because generally gamestop is wrong the majority of the time.
    I would assume their is at least some irony to his statement.

In my previous encounters with Gamestop, this is not the case. Gamestop's entire business model is built off of trade-ins and pre-orders, so they just throw up a release date in the hopes of getting people to pre-order, it doesnt matter to them wether or not its the release date, and since SEGA hasnt updated their website on the release date, i dont see why gamestop would no anymore than them.

P.S. I really hope your just looking that info up for a possible date, pre-ordering and trade-ins are the bane of gamers. Your only screwing yourself over if you give in.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Quote Originally Posted by Niered View Post
    I would assume their is at least some irony to his statement.

In my previous encounters with Gamestop, this is not the case. Gamestop's entire business model is built off of trade-ins and pre-orders, so they just throw up a release date in the hopes of getting people to pre-order, it doesnt matter to them wether or not its the release date, and since SEGA hasnt updated their website on the release date, i dont see why gamestop would no anymore than them.

P.S. I really hope your just looking that info up for a possible date, pre-ordering and trade-ins are the bane of gamers. Your only screwing yourself over if you give in.
    I was just trying to get an estimate for release. I dont pre order with them or with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by D1ABOLIK View Post
    I was just trying to get an estimate for release. I dont pre order with them or with anyone.
    All that we know for certain is that the US has a fall release date (Europes supposed to get a winter one.)

Which i personally find a little ridiculous since localization shouldnt take nearly a year but oh well.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

I can`t imagine localization would take much more than simply translating... No voice acting, no references or weapons from other japan only licensed material or other wise.
    I played through story mode on each race, the first five chapters start out different but it`s pretty much exactly the same. I can`t imagine why it would take until fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Niered View Post
    All that we know for certain is that the US has a fall release date (Europes supposed to get a winter one.)

Which i personally find a little ridiculous since localization shouldnt take nearly a year but oh well.
    That is why i asked. It seemed odd it would take them that long to localize it so i thought it might be a typo. I looked it up thinking it would drop in a month or two. Apparently not.

Default areas of my expertise

Quote Originally Posted by Commodity View Post
    Whenever Gamespot throws a date up on their site for any game ever made there is always a topic made on the forum for said game asking if it's a real release date. So yes, it is the real release date.
    Except not. Given that the date is more than eight months out, and that Sega hasn't said anything beyond 'Fall 2009', we can assume that October 1 is just a placeholder, not a real release date.

I agree that the localization time here is excessive. Sega have generally been good about prompt NA releases of Phantasy Star games. I really hope it wasn't pushed back to give PSP breathing room.

Usually when Gamestop has a date set for the first of month it is because the developer hasn't released an exact date. It may be out in October, but most likely not on the first.
    Turbosig.