Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default A few more details on JP's upcoming AOTI supplemental update

http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/090220a.html

Courtesy of Shougai PSO, we have new details on Japan's upcoming AOTI supplemental update from the February 20 issue of Dengeki PSP!

Items
    * There are plans to have a public weapon design contest.
    * The best designs from the contest will become in-game items.
    * Brand new weapons will be released periodically.

GUARDIANS Cash
    * Weapon grinding and attribute modifications were mentioned, but no new details were given.
    * Missions bought with GC will have bonuses such as EXP payout boosts and the ability to get items that cannot be obtained anywhere else.
    * Special trial courses will be available to allow players to try out certain GC missions without having to pay for them. Of course, the trial versions will have restrictions placed on them, though no particulars have been given yet. (I assume the exclusive items will not drop and the EXP bonus will not be in place.)

Customization
    * As was previously confirmed, players who have hit the level cap will be able to convert excess EXP into points which can then be used to upgrade individual stats. The following stats have been confirmed as upgradeable:
    ** Attack power
    ** Accuracy
    ** TECHNIC power
    ** Status effect infliction rate
    ** Status effect resistance rate
    * You will be able to upgrade your Guardian type, as well. Specifics on this have not been revealed, however.
    * Three (known) options will be given to allow capped characters to customize their "style" by enhancing certain attributes. These options are "weapon," "shield" and "extra." Details currently are unknown.

Pay 10 yen to run a mission that has a 1/9001 chance of dropping Heaven Punisher!
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    Items
    * There are plans to have a public weapon design contest.
    * The best designs from the contest will become in-game items.
    That sounds really cool, actually. But will the NA/EU servers be able to participate in this or (since we're so far behind JP) is this contest JP-onry?

Customization
    Very interesting. *wonders how much extra resistance you can get*

* You will be able to upgrade your Guardian type, as well. Specifics on this have not been revealed, however.
    *crosses fingers* Add more weapon types to your class or maybe upgrade some of your weapon caps from A to S rank, maybe?

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

Stat increases after capping sounds nice- I expect a lot of people to complain about it making the game easier, but the game is easy enough already and nothing much will change it a noticable amount anyway.

The weapon design contest sounds a great idea- but I'm waiting for it to be JP-only (as the update hasn't even been announced in US/EU yet). It'd be a shame though, we have some very talented artists in Fan Works who I'm sure could do this justice.

The only thing I'm not liking is making the DLC missions have special items- if they're far better than alternatives, then it'll come down to the richest players being the most powerful. Hopefully they'll be equivalent to other weapons/armour, not better.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Weapon design contest!?

*drools*
    PSO2 JP
    Sega ID: Elternteil
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    ** TECHNIC power
    This is super special awesome! For one thing, it'll be nice to upgrade my techer's TP, but for another thing, it'll also help make my CAST AF stronger I use lots of R-mags for the SE, so being able to increase the SE infliction rate and have the ability to raise my TP has me really excited about this. I just hope we can move around these "points" after we use them; having a TP boost wouldn't really help GM XD

PSP2: Vyser (CAST Ranger), Captain Flavor (Beast Hunter), Amu (Force Newman)
    PSU PC: Vyser (CAST AF/GM), Captain Flavor (Beast FF), Konata (Newman MF), Sportacus (Human AT)
    PSŲ JP: あかヴァイザ (HUcast), フレヴァさま (FOnewm), ラムレーズ (HUnewm)

I don't like this concept of paying to make the game easier. I don't mean the customization because I don't think that will be a huge deal (could be), but you don't get the added EXP or drop rate in the "trial" runs? That strikes me as if they're going to have purchasable rare missions, or similar missions. Personally, I don't think there will be much of a game past that point. I still think PS2 users are going to get shafted, but I'm sort of relieve with the other news of the weapons still being released to them but with different graphics. Surely they won't only release new weapons though...

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

I don't think anybody is happy about "pay-per-run" missions with "the ability to get items that cannot be obtained anywhere else". This will seperate those who are willing and able to spend loads of cash from those who would rather not feed any more than the $10 monthly fee (which is exorbitant considering the lack of support given).

I'm all for everything else though!

I thought it was stated that you only ever have to pay for a mission once...

Quote Originally Posted by _Vyser_ View Post
    This is super special awesome! For one thing, it'll be nice to upgrade my techer's TP, but for another thing, it'll also help make my CAST AF stronger I use lots of R-mags for the SE, so being able to increase the SE infliction rate and have the ability to raise my TP has me really excited about this. I just hope we can move around these "points" after we use them; having a TP boost wouldn't really help GM XD
    i feel the same way. it sounds great but we better have an option to adjust the point distribution later. if they want to charge us meseta (not real money) to modify the bonus pts, similar to changing types, that could work out good.
    Quit PSO2