Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

So not only are they asking us to pay money for extra missions, they're asking us to design the weapons that will drop in them? Ahahaha.

Paying for missions? This should *never, ever* be done in a game where you already have to pay to play. That's kinda ridiculous.

Being able to boost stats with extra EXP, that's kinda cool. Well, it's only cool if they somehow manage to make the game harder, otherwise that's really just going to make people more bored. And I'd think stat-boosting would still have to have a cap somewhere, otherwise it's going to be too easy to just get 9999 ATP and *completely* break the game. It won't even be funny at this point.

At least they're trying, I guess, but I do think some of these improvements need a little supplemental thinking.

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Black View Post
    I thought it was stated that you only ever have to pay for a mission once...
    This is possible, I really don't know how it will work. Regardless, it still sucks.

Man... stat collection is going to be HARD now and a lot of people are going to be kinda upset about having base stats put in... x.x;

Personally, I don't like a lot of the changes, how come only certain things like ATP, ATA and the different uses of STA are only changeable? (Sure, TP too) But shouldn't all of them be changeable?

Maybe I'm too much of a completist then... but now I get the feeling we're going to be going back to PSO's max stat business. WHich is cool and everything I suppose... but it's PSO stuff again..

I kind of agree with Neith that... the richest players are going to be the statistically strongest players around as opposed to the hard workers or the shrewd players but...

That's life I suppose. Money does too much and it's even affected a game, heh.

So I'm not entirely clear by how people are talking about it, but is the ability to raise your stats going to be a part of the GC stuff, or is it just a part of the supplemental update itself? Also, I think that each stat having a cap on how high each stat can go is a good idea, and hopefully it is different by race, otherwise you'll have CASTs with crazy high TP or Newmen with ATP surpassing Beasts.

I don't understand why people are so upset over people spending their money, that they earned on a game they like to play. It's not like there is any PVP in this game where these weapons would actually affect a person who can't afford or dosn't want to upgrade their weapons. The only way that it could really affect someone else is if there is a time attack or maybe a killcount leaderboard. At that point, you should atleast be competent enough to have weapons that rival those upgraded with guardian cash.

And as far as the stat increasing bit for capped characters, we don't know what the conversion rate is. It might be 500k for 1 point, for all we know.

Don't get all bent out of shape until we know for sure, and don't go around baaawwwing over people who actually want to spend some extra cash here or there on a hobby of theres when you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Black View Post
    I thought it was stated that you only ever have to pay for a mission once...
    That was a mistranslation. We don't have all the specific details yet but it sounds like you'll have to pay per run.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    So I'm not entirely clear by how people are talking about it, but is the ability to raise your stats going to be a part of the GC stuff, or is it just a part of the supplemental update itself? Also, I think that each stat having a cap on how high each stat can go is a good idea, and hopefully it is different by race, otherwise you'll have CASTs with crazy high TP or Newmen with ATP surpassing Beasts.
    The ability to raise your stats is NOT part of the Guardians Cash thing. It's for capped characters to turn their unusable EXP into something useful.

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by stukasa View Post
    The ability to raise your stats is NOT part of the Guardians Cash thing. It's for capped characters to turn their unusable EXP into something useful.
    Thank you for clearing that up for me.
    Last edited by Anduril; Feb 19, 2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Re-read and I missed the point of my original quote, and replied to another quote involving my other question

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    GUARDIANS Cash
    * Weapon grinding and attribute modifications were mentioned, but no new details were given.
    * Missions bought with GC will have bonuses such as EXP payout boosts and the ability to get items that cannot be obtained anywhere else.
    * Special trial courses will be available to allow players to try out certain GC missions without having to pay for them. Of course, the trial versions will have restrictions placed on them, though no particulars have been given yet. (I assume the exclusive items will not drop and the EXP bonus will not be in place.)
    This is an EPIC phail.

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    Customization
    * As was previously confirmed, players who have hit the level cap will be able to convert excess EXP into points which can then be used to upgrade individual stats. The following stats have been confirmed as upgradeable:
    ** Attack power
    ** Accuracy
    ** TECHNIC power
    ** Status effect infliction rate
    ** Status effect resistance rate
    * You will be able to upgrade your Guardian type, as well. Specifics on this have not been revealed, however.
    * Three (known) options will be given to allow capped characters to customize their "style" by enhancing certain attributes. These options are "weapon," "shield" and "extra." Details currently are unknown.
    But this is all made of win. My heart is divided now. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by biggabertha View Post
    Personally, I don't like a lot of the changes, how come only certain things like ATP, ATA and the different uses of STA are only changeable? (Sure, TP too) But shouldn't all of them be changeable?
    Those are the only ones that were mentioned in the article, but it doesn't mean that they'll be the only stats that can be modified.