Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Black View Post
    I don't understand why people are so upset over people spending their money, that they earned on a game they like to play. It's not like there is any PVP in this game where these weapons would actually affect a person who can't afford or dosn't want to upgrade their weapons. The only way that it could really affect someone else is if there is a time attack or maybe a killcount leaderboard. At that point, you should atleast be competent enough to have weapons that rival those upgraded with guardian cash.

And as far as the stat increasing bit for capped characters, we don't know what the conversion rate is. It might be 500k for 1 point, for all we know.

Don't get all bent out of shape until we know for sure, and don't go around baaawwwing over people who actually want to spend some extra cash here or there on a hobby of theres when you don't.
    You are why game companies are able to "nickel-and-dime" people out of their money. Don't you see that if this works and they make a huge amount of money from doing this that it will become part of the game?? I hope this goes the way of the Oblivion "horse armor" on XBL.

Also, I think you miss the main reason people are upset: we ALREADY PAY to play this game online!! Why should we be charged additional fees for certain missions/items? Even if these items are not all-powerful, I don't want to have to pay this much here and that much there (on top of what I am already paying!) in order to enjoy every aspect of the game. Pretty soon, they'll be charging for events and "premium" missions....Imagine paying monthly for Netflix only for them to tell you that you can't get all of the available movies for the monthly fee....you have to pay extra if you want a "new release" or a "favorite".

Isn't easy being the coolest acrotecher in Gurhal ErtaiClou's Avatar

Rather than make US pay for the mission can't they let advertisers pay to put THEIR ads in said mission and still keep the goodies? Like the Soap shoe billboards in Sonic Adventure Battle? I mean we do pay for this thing already, haven't we suffered enough? XD

I don't really care if people want to spend their own money in a game, but, on top of a monthly fee? Most games that accept money for special features are free-to-play, so I really don't see this working out. Well, except from the 'leetists who will end up spending $200/month on the game as a result.

And the more I think about the optional stat boost, the more I don't like it. Anduril brought up a very good point--all someone has to do is give their CAST an asston of TP and bam, Newmans obsolete. And as I mentioned before, the game won't even be worth playing if you can just pump ATP to 9999. Won't even be worth using anything BUT melee PAs at that point, if you desired to keep up with anyone. This feature *really* needs to be capped based on race, similar to how PSO did it.

PSP is automatically good just because of Helga. Morganna's Avatar

I see it the other way, Typheros.

It now means I can someday have my newman be as powerful as a cast or a beast, thus I can properly have my own Nei.

I've got a newman fighter so I think it would be cool to be able to pump her ATP up.
    I'm still not pleased with the Guardian's Cash thing and I see it being made of nothing but fail >_>
    Getting bored of the typical MMO, enjoying muddling through moonspeak on PSO2.

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post

* Brand new weapons will be released periodically.

GUARDIANS Cash
    * Missions bought with GC will have bonuses such as EXP payout boosts and the ability to get items that cannot be obtained anywhere else.

Pathetic. This approach to online gaming, along with them now starting to cater to the capped character's stats and not the content of the game, is like the textbook definition to Korean Free-To-Play MMOs.

We dont need new weapons released "PERIODICALLY"...we need them all now. This game has been failing because the players are bored out of their minds. Adding hundreds of new weapons just to release 4 (in RANDOM weapon types, might i add) per week is the reason PSU has completely failed in respect to its predecessors.

I really see this update as the end of the Phantasy Star "Online" series as we know it. Whatever pathetic cesspool of a team they have working on Universe is about to completely ruin everything good about this game by trying to milk the playerbase like this. Once they start getting extra money like this...they aren't going to stop. Sega doesn't have that kind of integrity. They've resorted to the cheep, half-assed way out of making people enjoy this game -- Pay money to temporarily break the rules.

Welcome to the end of whatever kind of fair economy we had, because exclusive weapons from missions you have to pay EXTRA money to pay will be worth multiple times more than normal ones. Which means anyone who pays for the extra missions will inevitebly be richer than one who does not.
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Feb 19, 2009 at 04:35 PM.

having to pay for any kind of DLC really upsets me. i may end up doing it for psu, considering how invested into the game i am already, but i would never start playing a game if i knew about this shit in advance. its no wonder i own a ps3 but dont buy any games for it. the stupid DLC prevents me from being able to. this generation of games is really the worst of all. and dont get me started on ads in games. unless the game is free, i cannot justify paying money to view ads.
    Quit PSO2

I dont think the stat thing might make races obselete. I'm pretty sure it might work like PSO-materials. Like a FOmar could never have more MST than a FOnewearl with max mind mats, etc. Although it might make gaps smaller. I dont think thats entirely a bad thing though, since some racial combinations are pretty gimped.

As of right now, Newmans get the short end of the stick in any melee-based job in terms of HP, ATP, DFP, and EVP. However, melee is sooo broken its still easy, but the differences are there. CAST/Beast MF/FT is incredibly weak. The defensive stats don't make up for a couple thousand TP point difference, and SUV/Nano use ATP. In fact, in Newman/Human GT/WT have more TP than CAST/Beast MF/FT (although MF/FT has access to rods and higher tech caps, but the tech damage isn't incredibly different).

Newman FF/FM are so weak, they compare to Beast FI in terms of damage. However, FI still has access to ranged weapons.

Cast MF/FT is sooo weak Newman AT can usually do comparable damage or more damage and still have 40 more levels of support,melee, range, an better defense.

I think any FF/FM (whatever race) should be stronger than its hybrid counterparts. As the same with MF/FT.

In FFXI, there are racial differences, but not reaaaallly large. Its mostly based off equipment and skill, I think thats how PSU should be.

PSP is automatically good just because of Helga. Morganna's Avatar

Well, I can accept beasts and casts being stronger than newmans, but this could mean that someday my newman might not feel gimp compared to them.

Guys, the requirements for this extra stat boosting will most likely be so tedious that there's nothing to worry about.

And im pretty sure Newmans will still get shafted in the worse way possible. For example, if every 100,000 EXP points gave you 20 points to allocate to any stat you wanted, if you put them all in MST....your technic damage would go up by about 5 points. Opposed to ATP, where it would go up by alot more.