Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl-Lina View Post
    Pride in the fact that they just alienated 99% of their PS2 userbase by going PC onry?

It's not so much "alienation" as it is the obsoleteness of an 8 year old console. I'm pretty sure that a top 'o the line PC from 8 years ago wouldn't be able to run this game very well either. Again, ST's error of not having the foresight to predict this. I hope they are now developing the NEXT iteration of this game for the next generation of consoles (PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 2 or whatever they will call it).

Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl-Lina View Post
    Well, I hope they don't do something stupid such as:
    'kill the enemy using matching elements',
    'kill enemy using only normal attacks',
    'dodge gaozoran foie while wearing ice armor',
    'defeat the enemy using only confuse traps',
    'using only Renga Chujin-Shou, defeat the enemy within 10 seconds', or
    'synth every item in the game - 10 G'.

They might as well increase the enemy HP by 2-3 fold than force us to use fixed attacks against the enemy. I'm scared...

Pride in the fact that they just alienated 99% of their PS2 userbase by going PC onry?
    Don't give them anymore ideas. ;3
    Seeing how this supplement is heavily fan-involved.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO22000 View Post
    It's not so much "alienation" as it is the obsoleteness of an 8 year old console. I'm pretty sure that a top 'o the line PC from 8 years ago wouldn't be able to run this game very well either. Again, ST's error of not having the foresight to predict this. I hope they are now developing the NEXT iteration of this game for the next generation of consoles (PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 2 or whatever they will call it).
    why skip ps3? its a good system, and it runs psu on it fine. it would be great to have for the non back compatible ps3 users. i use pc(which is fine) but i would like to use my ps3...(not back compatible) and "ps4, 360 2" would probably cost so much that people wouldnt pay for them JUST to play psu...i know i wouldnt...ps3 is still pretty expensive, 360 are not soo expensive, but still high priced.

So they're doing a design contest for Weapons and Clothing? Hopefully some of us from the US can take part as well. I'm not holding my breath though.

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    Events
    * Aside from their plans to accept new weapon designs for the weapon design contest, SonicTeam will also be accepting new clothing and parts designs.
    * The winners will have their designs added to the game.
    I like this idea, too bad it's probably JP-only...

GUARDIANS Cash
    * As we know, limitations will be put on how far you can increase the elemental attribute of a weapon or line shield. It seems that 40% may be that limit.
    Actually I kind of like this. It means that no matter how much real money you're willing to spend, no one can just "buy" 50% weapons/line shields. If you want to have the best gear you have to work for it.

GUARDIANS Advanced Style
    * Details are still scarce on the weapon/shield/extra style customization features, but it now seems that these customizations can be used only in supplemental update-exclusive missions. (This makes me believe that the customization offered here is not a stat customization, but more of a visual thing. Perhaps you can give your character unique animations with certain weapons?)
    I don't know what to think about this. Unique animations sounds cool, but you can only see them in special missions? I don't like that very much.

Missions with restrictions
    * Producer Sakai says that some of these new missions will be very close in style to PSO's challenge mode.
    * Character level restriction -- no details.
    * Type level restriction -- no details.
    * Weapon type restrictions -- only certain categories of weapons may be used. For example, a particular mission may make it where only twin sabers can be used for striking weapons, but all TECHNIC weapons are free-to-use. (Free-to-use based on type, at least. Don't expect to be able to use a weapon not associated with your Guardian type.)
    * TECHNIC restrictions -- particular TECHNICs are restricted from use in the mission.
    * Unit restriction -- certain line shield slots may be made unavailable for the missions. For example, a mission may allow only the use of a line shield's arm slot, but no others even if the shield has them available.
    * Other restrictions have been discussed (SUV weapon, nanoblast, recovery items), but not confirmed to be implemented yet.
    C-Mode sounds good, but all those crazy restrictions makes me wonder how it's going to turn out. I'll wait and see before making any judgments.

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

Well, if this update is supposed to happen anytime soon, then maybe that contest should finally start?

I can't complain about new clothes. I'm sure they'll only listen to JP players though, so let's hope the selections aren't too eccentric. Everything else sounds pretty good. I can't find fault with anything.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

I....don't mean to be a bitter little party pooper here, but I think this is going to end up being one of those things where it looks kickass on paper but doesn't live anywhere near up to the hype in practice. 150+ new weapons, sure, but as has been said, most of those will likely be reskins with a few new designs scattered around. I don't say this because of Sega, but because PSU is still horribly limited by PS2 hardware. There's simply a very finite amount of additions they can do, which is why we haven't gotten a single original mission since AoI came out. Oh, and Guardians Cash is still stupid as hell :P

New clothes is the best part of this by *far*, no contest, stfu n00bz.

This looks interesting. I like the idea of the creating designed for weapons and clothes.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Clothes submissions? Female trenchcoat please. Eye patch would be awesome too if accessories were allowed (without wearing that stupid hat...). Speaking of hats, Voloyal cowgirl hat?

As for the stat modifier (which may be simply new animations), it's a bit of a letdown that we may be looking at new-missions only for them. We'll see when they're released I guess.

If anyone's seen the picture Jey did of Teika in my profile, I'd love that outfit added

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)