Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Considering buying PSU for the 360 (previously on PC)

Hello everyone,

Me and my brother are thinking of picking up PSU for the 360 because we just got one. We had bought it at launch for the PC but we didn't like it very much and were not pleased. We quickly got rid of it and I got it again about 6 months ago for the PC, with substantially less players and I couldn't get into it. But on the 360 it looks like a lot of fun for the fact you can just download the expansion from the marketplace and you have a nice controller and its in HD (I had a lot of tearing in the graphics on the PC). With the expansion there seems to be a giant array of weapons (something that we didn't have at launch) and it just looks really fun. I was just asking what has changed. There seem to be many new levels and items. Is it still hard to get the PM to level up? Also the main question I want to know is about how many players play on the 360 version. Is it hard to get groups? If anyone could help me out that would be awesome. See you all there hopefully.

P.S. We are aware that you have to purchase gametime on the marketplace

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Well, since launch on both servers they added a ton of new stuff (mostly it was already there, just had to be "unlocked" on the servers). I will say this - if you're getting it for the 360, then you're going to have to find both a copy of PSU and purchase the expansion off the marketplace, and from what I've heard, copies of the 360 version of PSU have been dwindling a bit. As for PM levels, it depends on what kind of PMs you want - ranged PMs are probably the easiest ones to get, since you can buy traps and feed it those all day and you'll have a max ranged PM in no time at all. As for the others... I've been playing since launch (on the PC servers) and I still have been trying to get a tech and an armor PM up to 100. My armor one made it's first evolution, but my tech guy....

From what I've heard, there's a ton of people on the 360 version compared to the PC version. As in, PC version is lucky to get more than 2 stars during a busy non-event time, whereas 360 might have a full universe, maybe half another one normally. That theoretically should make it easier to get groups. People are still spamming one or two missions though, so the hardest part of getting a group is getting TO the group if you haven't marked the lobby (oh, they added a lobby teleport feature, you go to Raffon Base once with a char, that char can pay to fly there any time after that).

Other than that, can't really answer any questions about the actual 360 community, as I play on PC. There's rumors and stereotypes out there, but again, just rumors and stereotypes to me, no actual knowledge. Hope this was helpful.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

There are still a lot of players on the 360 side, but take that for what it is: You will run into a lot more dullards and jackasses on the 360. It is not hard to get a group (assuming you want to run the mission-du-jour) but it can be frustrating to find a good group, i.e. a group that doesn't boot you at boss boxes or a group that doesn't have some spunky child yelling every profanity known to man over the microphone because he can.

I always say if you didn't like the game on the PC then chances are you aren't going to like it on the 360 either. Really, the only difference is population. It's like choosing to live in a small town where everyone knows each other and are civil and friendly (PC/PS2) vs. living in the big city where more is happening, but there is a lot more noise, crime and fucktards.

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO22000 View Post
    There are still a lot of players on the 360 side, but take that for what it is: You will run into a lot more dullards and jackasses on the 360. It is not hard to get a group (assuming you want to run the mission-du-jour) but it can be frustrating to find a good group, i.e. a group that doesn't boot you at boss boxes or a group that doesn't have some spunky child yelling every profanity known to man over the microphone because he can.

I always say if you didn't like the game on the PC then chances are you aren't going to like it on the 360 either. Really, the only difference is population. It's like choosing to live in a small town where everyone knows each other and are civil and friendly (PC/PS2) vs. living in the big city where more is happening, but there is a lot more noise, crime and fucktards.
    I dispute your assertions.

its realllllllllllllly hard to find a PSU disk for the 360 now.
    i checked fecking everywhere for it and couldnt find another.
    -PSO2 Character-
    Name: ナユキ
    Hu: 71 Fi: 75 Ra: 70 Gu: 75 Fo: 75 Te: 75 Br: 75 Bo: 70
    Race: Newman
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO22000 View Post

i agree somewhat. we on the pc/ps2 side do have the assholes and what not, but there are few of them compared to the 360 side.

Quote Originally Posted by fay View Post
    its realllllllllllllly hard to find a PSU disk for the 360 now.
    i checked fecking everywhere for it and couldnt find another.
    Never under estimate the power of eBay lol

http://search.ebay.com/Phantasy-Star...QQsacatZQ2d100

when i started i got my copy for $9.00
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Just get the PC version...You will technically make the same or even larger number of friends there, not to mention the family feeling also since every generally knows or is linked to a certain someone all the time. When you join the PC version its a black stain on a pure white shirt, you will stand out and get noticed. Unlike the large lake and peeble analogy with the 360 servers.
    Avionics
    An individual who deals with the complex systems of todays military/civilian aircraft. Their entire mission is to make bricks "fly", and fix leaking electrons from parts, and they do it damn well. Usually pissed off individuals who are the be all end all of the sortie cock, they take and stride. Because one day, their enlistment will come to an end

all lies my town has tons of psu for 360 games......but used.....oh and best buy.....never mind we still have plenty. and if you cant find one in store theres always.............amazon......or ejay.
    Meta77 and Melissa- The Ultimate dream team *in any game* aka cheesy duck and icecream bunny.
    Meta77-Level 150 FF: Human/M
    Metal Meta77-Level 150MG: Cast/M
    Neo Meta77-Level 149 MT: Newman/M
    Kasumi77-Level 64 F: Cast/F

Well Yea i think its worth it. I made the switch myself and I'm glad I did.
    Yea you get a little more assholes and scammers but i still think its worth it. It's just not enough ppl on the pc/ps2 side. I play to play with others. the main point to a mmo is playing with a lot of ppl not just a small amount. not matter if even most of that small amount is mature (which is not true)

Quote Originally Posted by Meta77 View Post
    all lies my town has tons of psu for 360 games......but used.....oh and best buy.....never mind we still have plenty. and if you cant find one in store theres always.............amazon......or ejay.
    Yea i have to argee with this. Gamestop's around me still sell them new so it not hard to find it at all. There used ones and like you said amazon and ebay
    Last edited by Shinko; Mar 3, 2009 at 10:51 PM.