Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Humans still bad in Phantasy Star Portable?

I just got the game and I am wondering whether humans still suck in Phantasy Star Portable. As a human player on PSU for over a year and a half before I quit I learned the hard way how Sega treats humans in their Phantasy Star games. Have any stats been adjusted for any of the races?

dono i like using humans

You're playing a scifi game.. and picking human as your race?

isn't the whole point of a scifi story to imagine a more interesting reality than you live in?

you are human! pick something else! spice it up!

=O

seriously though, humans in psu don't suck, they just aren't quite as awesome as the other races

humans make better force types than anything but Newman, they make better ranger types than anything but CAST, and uhmm... better hunter types than Newman?

they are versatile, but they do not excel at anything, don't you remember reading something along those lines in the description for them? or were you just not paying attention?
    Death only means that it's time to continue.

If you want to be able to deal just INSANE amounts of DPS roll a beast, if you like versatility and enjoy being flexible go human.
    Saigan PSZ FC: 1161-9928-1181

PSP is significantly easier than PSU in terms of enemy stats. Just be what you want, my newman acrofighter I made for jokes ain't half bad in this game.
    Turbosig.

If Humans get boosts as Acromasters, they aren't so bad.

Humans are pretty good... you might be wishing for Beast ATP or Cast ATA as you're just getting started on S-rank free missions, in the long term I think being able to play all sorts of jobs and equipment at a second-best sort of level is going to mean more.

If you want to excel with a human character, go Protranser (IMO the attack techs really help) or Acromaster (brutal RCSM damage while spamming one-handed melee PA's or line attack techs)
    Last edited by panzer_unit; Mar 9, 2009 at 11:49 AM.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

By the way. How the hell do you trade in this game?

Humans are well-rounded.

They have decent stats and some good gear choices but if you're looking to go pure ranger or pure melee user, I recommend a Beast or CAST.
    There is no hope, there is no love, there is only pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto117 View Post
    By the way. How the hell do you trade in this game?

the old fashon pso way ofcourse...both of you drop your items on opposite ends of a dungeon room >___>