Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation So I got a reply concerning the DLC...

Since there were quite a number of people wondering if there even was DLC for this game, I took all the trouble to set up a Sega Pass to submit a ticket, asking support if DLC was headed our way in one form or another. So I got this response. If this is old, you can ignore the topic. If it isn't, then hopefully this was of some use to you.

Hello --------,

Thanks for contacting Sega Customer Support regarding Phantasy Star Portable. The downloadable content is still being reviewed for potential release through Sega of Japan. Once a decision is made, a formal announcement regarding its release will be issued at Sega.com with full disclosure regarding the details. At this time, there is no further official information available but once it becomes available to us, someone will e-mail you with an update.

Thanks for your inquiry!

Rob
    Sega Customer Support
    So I guess they didn't completely just scrap the idea of DLC. Weapons Badges could possibly be obtained via DLC missions or something. Since the drop charts are presumably different in the English version to accommodate the lack of DLC, the mission that traded in Weapons Badges can be used to obtain the items more easily than having it dropped normally. Of course, don't mind me, it's just speculation.

I hope they do go through with the DLCs. It would be nice to have a game with fresh content every now and then on a portable system.

On side note, if money is the issue, I wouldn't mind forking out $1-$3 USD per mission. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
    I hope they do go through with the DLCs. It would be nice to have a game with fresh content every now and then on a portable system.

On side note, if money is the issue, I wouldn't mind forking out $1-$3 USD per mission. xD
    I donīt think they sell missons. Just be downloaded for free as demos and other contents... Maybe sellin from 1c to 99c...

I don't imagine they'd charge, all the Monster Hunter content is free.
    Saigan PSZ FC: 1161-9928-1181

Im sure they killed the DLC idea but don't want to say (so more possible customers wont be turned away, they will wait for more people to buy it before shooting the idea down).

Don't think they gave the idea up? Look how "current" PSU USA is compared to JP .... the US servers have, and will always be, third class (yes, we dont even rate second lol).

Great news, hopefully they give us something. I really wish there was a way to do multiplayer without going through ad-hoc since I don't know anyone around me who even has a PSP yet alone PS:P

Some new content would be a great way for me to kill time seeing as I just finished the game last night. I'll be trying to get some screen grabs of items if possible
    Make Em Bleed!!

Character info (trial phase): http://psupedia.info/User:RahXephon

http://digitaldelights.tumblr.com/

Great news, hopefully they give us something. I really wish there was a way to do multiplayer without going through ad-hoc since I don't know anyone around me who even has a PSP yet alone PS:P

Some new content would be a great way for me to kill time seeing as I just finished the game last night. I'll be trying to get some screen grabs of items if possible
    Make Em Bleed!!

Character info (trial phase): http://psupedia.info/User:RahXephon

http://digitaldelights.tumblr.com/

PS:P needed to take a hint from Monster Hunter and include some missions aimed at challenging characters with maxed level, rank, skills, and gear... I don't have much interest in MH on my own any more but still look forward to getting together with friends for it because we get the chance to do some missions that would be enormously dangerous and frustrating individually, if not pure suicide.

EDIT: admittedly I did do SEED Awakened S with my ex last night and we got to the point of having to trade rezzes back and forth with moon atomizers, having run out of mates and almost all of our stars ages ago. But we were 65 and 75 respectively, there's a lot of room for getting more powerful still. I beat it easily enough single-player afterward.
    Last edited by panzer_unit; Mar 9, 2009 at 10:22 AM.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

They probably don't just give you the promise first because they are going for trials to see how many people actually buy this game.

I m sure they are fully aware that it might not worth to translate all those DLC unless population here is high enough.

they did a good job on JP PSP, because it sold well out there. (500,000+ copies)

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Quote Originally Posted by Saigan View Post
    I don't imagine they'd charge, all the Monster Hunter content is free.
    That was Capcom's choice. This is Sega we're talking about.